• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Deals Thread of Why You Don't Preorder

Here's a central source of what all the launch deals are for the Vita since we're upon the official launch in a few days.

Amazon

Buy a WiFi Vita and get a 4GB Memory Card for Free. Add both of these two your cart and the discount will show up at the check out.
WiFi Vita
4GB Memory Card

3G Vita comes with free screen protector
$29.99 - Hot Shots Golf (expired)
Buy two, get one free on the following select titles:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Rayman Origins
Hot Shots Golf
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (removed, no longer part of the deal)
FIFA Soccer ((removed, no longer part of the deal)
Wipeout 2048 (removed, no longer part of the deal)
Lumines
ModNation Racers
BlazBlue (removed, no longer part of the deal)
Little Deviants
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Army Corps of Hell (removed, no longer part of the deal)
Asphalt Injection
F1 2011
Ben 10 Galactic Racing (removed, no longer part of the deal)
Michael Jackson The Experience

Target (starts Sunday, 2/19, ends Saturday 2/25)

WiFi Vita comes with free 4GB card
Preorder Vita for $1, get a $20 gift card (expired)
Buy two, get one free on all Vita games (Rayman may not be stocked) (now online)
$39.99 - Uncharted
$39.99 - Resistance (works with B2G1)
Save an additional 5% with a Target card, and free shipping for online purchases.

Click here to find out if a game is at your local Target using the codes below.

$49.99
207-20-0031 Uncharted

$39.99
241-25-6136 Army Corps of Hell
241-25-6126 BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
207-20-0051 Dungeon Hunter
207-20-0073 Dynasty Warriors Next
207-20-0068 FIFA
207-20-0044 Hot Shots Golf
207-20-0047 Lumines
207-20-0072 Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
241-25-5525 Shinobido 2
207-20-0070 Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
207-20-0067 Virtua Tennis 4
207-20-0029 WipeOut 2048

$29.99
241-25-6134 Ben 10 Galactic Racing
207-20-0038 Little Deviants
207-20-0032 Modnation Racers: Roadtrip
207-20-0071 Ridge Racer
241-25-5527 Touch My Katamari

Toys R Us (starts Sunday, 2/19, ends Saturday 2/25)

$39.99 - Uncharted
$39.99 - Little Deviants (ok, not a deal, but hah look at that price!)
Free $20 giftcard with any game and/or accessory purchase of $50. (Limit one per transaction, $20 giftcard activates 6 hours later, must use by 3/31/12)

Best Buy (starts Sunday, 2/19, ends Saturday 2/25)

Buy two, get one free. Includes some preorders
40% bonus trade-in credit when used towards a PS Vita game
Get the Vita as low as $149 with trade in of select portable gaming devices

GameStop

Buy two, get one free on Sony first party titles
Extra $25 credit if you trade any DS, PSP or 3Ds for a Vita.

Sony Store

Free ModNation Racers for the first 200 customers who buy a Vita at their midnight launch. At the following locations:

Towne Center at Boca Raton – Boca Raton, FL
Houston Galleria – Houston
Fashion Valley – San Diego
Century City Mall – Los Angeles
Valley Fair – Santa Clara, CA
Flagship Sony Store – New York

Walmart

[url="http://www.walmart.com/ip/Buy-2-Get-1-Free-PS-Vita-Software-Bundle/20470259]Buy two, get one free on the following select titles[/url]

Uncharted
Asphalt Injection
Wipeout
Rayman Origins
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
FIFA Soccer
Little Deviants
Virtua Tennis 4
Touch My Katamari

Fry's

Still Nothing as of the 2/24/12 Friday ad

KMart

Nothing

Target has the best deal. If you go preorder and put $1 down you get $20 gift card, free 4gb memory card, and buy 2 get 1 free on games. That's pretty nice.

Chris R

Best Buy is having triple points this weekend for silver reward zone members. Shame they don't have Vitas on the shelf, because I'd probably buy one. Stupid release date :<

Here's the stuff on the Target deal as posted in the other thread

8U4Y7l.jpg

dxsddl.jpg

x4Foql.jpg

Why would you go anywhere else?

ugh. Target not having ubi games makes me sad. Those are usually the first to get discounted!!

Amazon better do B2G1 on ALL the games.

fernoca

Best Buy (starts Sunday, 2/19, ends Saturday 2/25)

40% bonus trade-in credit when used towards a PS Vita game
Get the Vita as low as $149 with trade in of select portable gaming devices

GameStop

Hah, ya right.
Troll Gamestop harder next time. :p

Since those "deals" were added in the Best Buy part, why not add the similar ones from Gamestop:
-Buy 2 get 1 free on select Vita games (posted already, but haven't confirmed it yet)
-Extra $25 credit when trading a DS, PSP or 3DS towards a Vita.
-Extra $40 credit for trading a 360 or PS3; or extra $20 for trading a Wii (towards the purchase of anything actually)

Or the same "Get the Vita as low as $149 with trade in of select portable gaming devices" from Best Buy, since you can trade iPads and other iDevices get over $100; which means getting the Vita for under $149.

:p

Agent X

Preorder Vita for $1, get a $20 gift card
Buy two, get one free on all Vita games (Ubisoft games may not be stocked)
Save an additional 5% with a Target card

Well, that's going to suck if they don't have any Ubisoft games. I was considering getting either Lumines: Electronic Symphony or Rayman Origins.

Gamestop has a B2G1F on select Vita titles starting tomorrow.

Interesting. I wonder what's included in the list of "select" Vita titles.

Here's the stuff on the Target deal as posted in the other thread

Why would you go anywhere else?

Well Uncharted used to be a better deal at TRU until they marked Uncharted down. $29.99 games are a better deal at TRU in the fact that you only have to buy two in order to get the same discount. Target so far doesn't seem to be stocking Lumines and Rayman. So those are some reasons.

I'm a big believer in warranties for electronics, Target has the worst service in replacements and repairs. So I would never buy an electronic there or Walmart.

Any word on if Target will sell the games coming out on the 22nd before then? Also, someone on CAG said they saw a display box for Dungeon Hunter Alliance, so why do we think they might not sell Ubi Soft games?

Trying to figure out the best logistical way to get all the games I want, and I'm having my brother or sister do it all for me since I'm not in the US. Regardless, my sister is going to head there for me tomorrow morning.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure that we can totally rely on the Target website, as I have already heard some info that contradicts what is up on there. That, and they are calling Gravity Rush "Gravity" on their website. Nice.

Agent X

Doh. I checked the Target website. No Lumines. No Ultimate MVC3 Vita.

BooThisMan.gif

No UMvC3 either? What a cruel world we live in.

Any word on if Target will sell the games coming out on the 22nd before then? Also, someone on CAG said they saw a display box for Dungeon Hunter Alliance, so why do we think they might not sell Ubi Soft games?

Good point. I spotted Dungeon Hunter Alliance when I was at my local Target a few days ago. It was the only Vita game that they had on display. I almost forgot that was an Ubisoft game.

Troll Gamestop harder next time. :p

Since those "deals" were added in the Best Buy part, why not add the similar ones from Gamestop:
-Buy 2 get 1 free on select Vita games (posted already, but haven't confirmed it yet)
-Extra $25 credit when trading a DS, PSP or 3DS towards a Vita.
-Extra $40 credit for trading a 360 or PS3; or extra $20 for trading a Wii (towards the purchase of anything actually)

Or the same "Get the Vita as low as $149 with trade in of select portable gaming devices" from Best Buy, since you can trade iPads and other iDevices get over $100; which means getting the Vita for under $149.

:p

Only reason I mentioned the Best Buy deals is because there are a couple gems in there by doing it such as Little Deviants can be traded in for a total of $25 credit and PSPs apparently are getting something like $70 to $75. Gamestop offers nothing along those lines. Plus I give Gamestop shit because they typically never have launch sales. Name another launch where they have done a B2G1?

tigerin

btw, the 20 dollars giftcard when you pre-order the vita at target was expired a fewdays ago. so now you'll only get a 4gb memory card. but you might lucky if the employee doesn't care.

Raoh

Preorder Vita for $1, get a $20 gift card
Buy two, get one free on all Vita games (Ubisoft games may not be stocked)
Save an additional 5% with a Target card

hmmm that's a pretty nice deal, my original intent was to hold out for $199 but this is making me rethink that

tigerin

Only reason I mentioned the Best Buy deals is because there are a couple gems in there by doing it such as Little Deviants can be traded in for a total of $25 credit and PSPs apparently are getting something like $70 to $75. Gamestop offers nothing along those lines. Plus I give Gamestop shit because they typically never have launch sales. Name another launch where they have done a B2G1?

u get 25 dollars extra credits at gamestop if you trade in your old handhelds. so best buy and gamestop are nearly the same.

Top Bottom