• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icolin

Banned
Forgot how incredible the production is on Watching Movies With The Sound Off is.

This is true.

There's a case to be made that it has better production than any Kanye album.

...Nah.

We boomin now

giphy.gif

How much power does one need for home use?

As long as it's not all distorted and crackly it's fine for home use.

If you wanna have a rave than maybe not.

You can buy a three piece set for a lot less than one of those crappy Bose Cinemate, with much better sound to boot. Especially if you buy smart and purchase a couple satellite speakers and a subwoofer. And you dont have to match brands or anything like that.

DMVfan123

Banned
1. Pick a Coast to rep (Chiraq/Atlantistan/etc)-East Coast
2. What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Trap, when that gets old I just listen to classics
3. Favorite Artists (Pick Five)-Run the Jewels, Young Thug,Future,Kendrick,Migos
4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five)-Michael Jackson, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Mariah Carey, LL Cool J(don't really listen to anything outside hip-hop/rap/R&B)
5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year?Run the Jewels 3
What’s your current hip-hop AOTY? - FUTURE
6. What are you listening to right now? – Big Fish by Vince Staples
7. What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? Lil Yachty What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? - Reasonable Doubt
8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums)
Slime Season 2
Beautiful Thugger Girls
Jeffrey
Slime Season 3
Slime Season
Barter 6
I'm Up
GAF-Hop Discusses

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? - I think you can find what you're looking for if you don't just listen to the mainstream. Rap's as good as ever
2. Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? -Method Man
3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Lil' B or Anyone else (correct answer is Lil' B)? - Jay-Z,Biggie,Lil-B
4. What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? - MigosThuggin(HAHAHAHAHA)
5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated? Underrated- Big Boi
Overrated-J-Cole(overrated is an understatement)
6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? - Is this a trick question?
7. Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither? -Neither
8. Do you still listen to Eminem? Why? - Does he even release music anymore?
9. Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? - Michael Jackson, Rihanna
10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago... – Got accepted by Gaf!

Koozek

2. What's your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Trap, when that gets old I just listen to classics
3. Favorite Artists (Pick Five)-Run the Jewels, Young Thug,Future,Kendrick,Migos
4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five)-Michael Jackson, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Mariah Carey, LL Cool J(don't really listen to anything outside hip-hop/rap/R&B)
What's your current hip-hop AOTY? - FUTURE
7. What's something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? Lil Yachty What's something you haven't listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? - Reasonable Doubt
8. Rank a Random Rapper's Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums)
Slime Season 2
Beautiful Thugger Girls
Jeffrey
Slime Season 3
Slime Season
Barter 6
I'm Up
GAF-Hop Discusses

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What's missing from the game? - I think you can find what you're looking for if you don't just listen to the mainstream. Rap's as good as ever
2. Who's Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? -Method Man
3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Lil' B or Anyone else (correct answer is Lil' B)? - Jay-Z,Biggie,Lil-B
4. What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? - MigosThuggin(HAHAHAHAHA)
5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated? Underrated- Big Boi
6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? - Is this a trick question?
9. Who's your favorite pop artist? And who's the finest? - Michael Jackson, Rihanna
10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago... – Got accepted by Gaf!
Exactly! Welcome and bless up.

EDIT: Don't agree with Barter 6 being so low, though.

2. What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Trap, when that gets old I just listen to classics
What’s your current hip-hop AOTY? - FUTURE
7. What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? Lil Yachty What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? - Reasonable Doubt
8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums)
Slime Season 2
Beautiful Thugger Girls
Jeffrey
Slime Season 3
Slime Season
Barter 6
I'm Up
GAF-Hop Discusses

1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? - I think you can find what you're looking for if you don't just listen to the mainstream. Rap's as good as ever
2. Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? -Method Man
9. Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? - Michael Jackson, Rihanna

Nice, welcome.

HiResDes

Got the Bose for just casually playing some tunes.

Never wanted a high end setup.
Yeah that's cool, not really a great value in terms of performance for the money, but they have some okay speakers. Money would have been way better spent on some JBL LSR305's

EDIT: New bruh gotta leave answered neither to the onion and avocado question, and ducked the ass one, not a real one

Damn, I gotta check this out. Loved the last Caribou album a lot.
It's so good. It's very different from his work as Caribou, focusing more on techno and clubbier stuff. But, I'm really liking it a lot.

Rick Ross on Signing Women to MMG: 'I Gotta F*ck a Couple Times'
You know, I never did it because I always thought, like, I would end up fucking a female rapper and fucking the business up. I'm so focused on my business. I just, I gotta be honest with you. You know, she looking good. I'm spending so much money on her photo shoots. I gotta fuck a couple times.

Yeah that's cool, not really a great value in terms of performance for the money, but they have some okay speakers. Money would have been way better spent on some JBL LSR305's

EDIT: New bruh gotta leave answered neither to the onion and avocado question, and ducked the ass one, not a real one

I'm thinking about getting the Logitech 2.1 speakers (the more powerful ones). Thoughts?

SMDH. It was okay, I didn't really think it flowed all that well, not enough experimentation which I usually expect from him.
Well, now that I've finished, I can now more confidently say it is good.

Here's my thinking: Snaith has referred to Daphni as the more club-friendly side to his music.
"During the time I was making the Caribou album Swim, I'd fallen back in love with moments in small, dark clubs when a DJ puts on a piece of music that not only can you not identify, but that until you heard it you could not have conceived of existing," Snaith said. "Daphni tracks are rough and spontaneous … They're about working fast and intuitively, capturing the manic energy needed to start a track one afternoon, have it finished, and be playing it in a club that night."
That perfectly sums up this mix. The atmosphere of the album feels like the moments he's talking about; one can practically visualize a DJ in some small club, playing this. It might not be the most technically proficient mixing I've heard, and I'm sure it could be more cohesive, but I don't really care about that. The music itself appeals a lot to me and it feels fun to listen to. It's the kind of music that make you want to go some underground club, get intoxicated, and just vibe out and dance.

HiResDes

I had a pair of the more low end ones, pretty mediocre. I imagine the more powerful ones do not buck the trend.
Logitech is affordable but I still think there are much better options even at the low end range. It's always better to start with a quality 2.0 system than a garbage 2.1 because you can always add a sub later and if the monitors are good enough you may find they put out more than enough bass for near field listening.

Logitech is affordable but I still think there are much better options even at the low end range. It's always better to start with a quality 2.0 system than a garbage 2.1 because you can always add a sub later and if the monitors are good enough you may find they put out more than enough bass for near field listening.

This is probably my choice. Get a good pair of studio monitors, and then buy a subwoofer to go if I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom