• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsunamo

Saw this at Hot Topic today.

Q8e0iSd.jpg

I like it.
Looks like my type of t-shirt, nice simplistic design.

Too bad there's no Hot Topic here :(
Well, Goku is about 40 at this point.
Kinda funny to think Vegetas got a few years on him now thanks to extra time chamber sessions.

So apparently in 102,
17 attacks Brianne while she and her friends are merging and is called out by universe 2, as well as Goku.

I mean, that is pretty rude.

Tsunamo

In regards to 102
While Brianne is transforming, 17 mercilessly attacks her.

Has anyone else in Dragon Ball actually done this?

J4g3r

In regards to 102

Plenty of instances where they've tried to, moments in the Cell and Buu sagas come to mind - They're usually interrupted though.

Shadio

In regards to 102

Vegeta tried to stop Gohan transforming into an ape.
Trunks attacked Cell during his final transformation.
There was also Gohan attacking Buu while he hatched if that counts.

None of them changed anything, so this might turn out the same way.

KHlover

Banned
So apparently in 102,
17 attacks Brianne while she and her friends are merging and is called out by universe 2, as well as Goku.

I mean, that is pretty rude.
Merging? What a convenient way to knock out multiple fighters at once. Too bad for 17 he's surrounded by boyscouts and Saiyans

Tsunamo

Plenty of instances where they've tried to, moments in the Cell and Buu sagas come to mind - They're usually interrupted though.
Vegeta tried to stop Gohan transforming into an ape.
Trunks attacked Cell during his final transformation.
There was also Gohan attacking Buu while he hatched if that counts.

None of them changed anything, so this might turn out the same way.
Ah yes that's right. Thanks for the refreshers, it's been awhile so I completely hit a blank.

It'll be funny to see
Goku lecture 17 on how it's rude to attack them before their transformation's complete

Merging? What a convenient way to knock out multiple fighters at once. Too bad for 17 he's surrounded by boyscouts and Saiyans

17 gonna be like 'asshole, you try being kindling in an enemy transformation and see how you feel about letting people transform then!"

Just imagine
Goku's speech to 17. "Hey 17! Dont do that, we need to see their full power for a fun fight. Also remember to give a senzu to make it fair" (Goku has that Mc Donalds eyes.

Slaythe

Slaythe on suicide watch !!! Ahaha

Wait... I'm Slaythe.

E0hnk6y.gif

I go to bed and I wake up in Bizarro world where everything is terrible and reversed.
Caulifla and Kale survive at least until 104 and are the focus of the Toshio episode, and 17 about to job to Brianne. Wonderful.

gMr3Rva.gif

Oh the Irony.
I guess it's the universe teaching me a lesson about trolling Caulifla and Vegeta fans.

Let's all laugh about it, and long live saiyans ! :D

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

KHlover

Banned
Slaythe on suicide watch !!! Ahaha

Wait... I'm Slaythe.

E0hnk6y.gif

I go to bed and I wake up in Bizarro world where everything is terrible and reversed.
Caulifla and Kale survive at least until 104 and are the focus of the Toshio episode, and 17 about to job to Brianne. Wonderful.

gMr3Rva.gif

Oh the Irony.
I guess it's the universe teaching me a lesson about trolling Caulifla and Vegeta fans.

Let's all laugh about it, and long live saiyans ! :D

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

You bet against the first two female Super Saiyans in the Super Saiyan Super Show. That's a super high risk gamble. I'd have dollar signs in my eyes if I were your bookie.

Slaythe

You bet against the first two female Super Saiyans in the Super Saiyan Super Show. That's a super high risk gamble. I'd have dollar signs in my eyes if I were your bookie.

I bet against one of them. Was hoping out of 80 fucking fighters we'd get something original and new but who was I kidding ?

So, it's still there that Supper's 17 is better than Super 17, right? Just checking.

Super 17 is a puppet that somehow turned into a mechanical being.

Super's 17 is at least himself. So he wins by default.

It's OK I'm sure his snarky comments from the spectator seats will be great...

giphy.gif

KHlover

Banned
I bet against one of them. Was hoping out of 80 fucking fighters we'd get something original and new but who was I kidding ?

Super 17 is a puppet that somehow turned into a mechanical being.

Super's 17 is at least himself. So he wins by default.

We got the best "fusion" in DB (only second to Klan mask Trunks and Goten), but re:17 you were mostly just kidding yourself, I guess. Or perhaps you were the only one persistent enough to leave an impression on my Caulifla fan goggles :p

ElFly

I don't feel that Gohan was that hyped?

at least in the manga

I mean, there's the whole "Gohan is less powerful than in the Cell saga" part, there's him never taking the initiative once the tournament starts, Goku is the one who decides to follow Kaiohshin

Gohan trains with the sword, but turns out Goku can also hold the sword with no problem

then the whole sword business is revealed to be a joke BECAUSE Goku decides to start throwing things at it, and then the training for the ultimate form is the most bullshit thing ever, aka, sitting on your ass while an old man reads comics or sleeps

it's played for laughs

but Goku is the one threatening Kaiohshin to fight Vegeta, recommending Gohan to Kaiohshin, training the kids to fuse, delaying Buu with SSJ3, bribing the elder Kaiohshin, getting the initiative in general and also getting the best jokes

I assume most Gohan fans got tricked because Goku and everyone else _but_ Gohan took the initiative in the Cell saga too. and so at the end they expected Gohan to be the savior after doing nothing for no good reason. hell, it is even more fair to get tricked here than to expect Gohan to be the one to beat Cell

it's ok to have been tricked, but reading the saga with even a minimum attention shows that Goku was the protagonist in that saga, at least once the tournament gets started

Wait, I don't understand (Episode 102 spoilers)

So in order to transform into Ribrianne, Brianne merges with the other magical girls? Wait, what? We saw her transforming with no fusions involved, is it a new form or maybe a mistranslation?

Slaythe

I don't think 17 will job to ribrianne unless I've missed something

Well he just made an enemy of a God Tier fighter that will proceed to fight Vegeta. So that's the perfect jobbing opportunity to show how strong she is.

I just hope Goku saves him, because 17 helped him in 101.

Wait, I don't understand (Episode 102 spoilers)

So in order to transform into Ribrianne, Brianne merges with the other magical girls? Wait, what? We saw her transforming with no fusions involved, is it a new form or maybe a mistranslation?

The other girls are shown with their own transformations. So it's possibly a 4th design we haven't seen yet.

KHlover

Banned
Well he just made an enemy of a God Tier fighter that will proceed to fight Vegeta. So that's the perfect jobbing opportunity to show how strong she is.

The other girls are shown with their own transformations. So it's possibly a 4th design we haven't seen yet.
Sure hope they don't off 17 without showing him and 18 fight together. I know that unlike Future 17 and 18 they never really fought together before (17 kicking everyones butt when they try to interfere in the 18 vs Geets fight doesn't count), but the stylish way they defeated Future Gohan and later Trunks is the basis of their depiction in just about any DB media and what makes them interesting. Fighting alone they don't really have any standout moves besides 17's energy shield.

zero evidence that ribrianne can stand up to blue Vegeta,we only see here keep up with super Saiyan

Although after kale I wouldn't be surprised

Slaythe

I'm hoping it goes down like this :

Brianne sets up her transformation, 17 trashes her in the middle of it (which btw will be the best scene in the show), they all get mad, 17 LEAVES "Whatever... do your thing, I'll go fight someone else".

OR, if he stays and Brianne trashes him, Goku saves him to pay him back for helping him in the previous episode.
Pls

don't think that
17 will job to Brianne only to hype up...a Vegeta fight?

sounds wrong to me

I agree but it's a world where Frieza might potentially be used to hype up a Goku fight lmao. So you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom