• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fairly Oddparents ends today.

According to Nick and More, the last episode produced airs today at 9PM. After 10 seasons, 161 episodes, 3 live action movies and 7 animated specials seems that it's finally over, the show ends without any fanfare, just a random episode.

What is likely the very last episode of "The Fairly OddParents" premieres tonight at 9pm ET on #Nicktoons
Unless @Nickelodeon or @realhartman will confirm the series is still in production, then it's the end. This season's 20 half-hours are over.

https://twitter.com/nickandmore/status/890349913850220544

GulAtiCa

I always forget it was still on. I honestly thought it ended a long long time ago. I am curious to see some of the later seasons.

I see Nick's old policy of not letting show's acknowledge their end so kids will keep watching expecting new episodes still hasn't completely died.

Should've ended right before this

v1.bjs2ODgyOTtqOzE3NDE1OzEyMDA7MjE2MDsxNjIw

GulAtiCa

I see Nick's old policy of not letting show's acknowledge their end so kids will keep watching expecting new episodes still hasn't completely died.

Kind of same with beginnings for most part too with their shows. Some obviously had a def beginning, like Angry Beavers, but I remember as a kid never knowing if I ever saw the beginning of a show before for certain shows (like Rocko's Modern Life)

Bronx-Man

Banned
This makes me wonder if Nick is ever coming close to putting Spongebob out of its misery. 20th anniversary is just 2 years away.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, they should have ended it after the Channel Surfing episode. Such a great episode.

And holy shit, they made 3 live action movie things? Shit...

KDC720

I think I saw my little brother watching it like an hour ago lol.

I liked the show when I was younger but it got REALLY bad after awhile. I didn't mind the baby but I caught a few episodes with the dog and they were terrible. Apparently they then got rid of the dog in favor of some neighbor girl, and the animation quality also looks considerably worse.

Not surprised its going out with a whimper. Also, Channel Chasers was the bomb.

jwk94

This show has had so many "endings" that it's they're ending on a random episode.

Danny Phantom?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't believe them, the show has already "Ended" multiple times, and then gets dragged back out.

Doing more research I remembered that for networks like Nick and Disney certain shows didn't go past a particular amount of episodes.

Spongebob is at 218. Jimmy Neutron only has 61. There are other example as well.

Luigi87

This is amazing as I was just thinking about the Fairly Odd Parents yesterday.

... particularly about how Timmy absolutely did not deserve his. I mean sure at first (before the series) he was a sad kid, but man he just got more selfish, obnoxious and stuff as it went on.

Doing more research I remembered that for networks like Nick and Disney certain shows didn't go past a particular amount of episodes.

Spongebob is at 218. Jimmy Neutron only has 61. There are other example as well.

Disney used to have the golden rule of 65 episodes.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It is insane whenever I look back and remember Danny Phantom was only on the air for two years. Felt like such a big part of my childhood for some reason.

end fucking SpongeBob next please Nick, that show is beyond shit. it had 3 really good seasons and then the movie, that should have been it.

This is amazing as I was just thinking about the Fairly Odd Parents yesterday.

... particularly about how Timmy absolutely did not deserve his. I mean sure at first (before the series) he was a sad kid, but man he just got more selfish, obnoxious and stuff as it went on.

Disney used to have the golden rule of 65 episodes.

Yeah, Timmy became a selfish jerk.

Well that sucks. The treatment anyway, the show should've ended long ago.

Not to say they haven't had any good ones until now, though I can't speak on the last season much.

Nicktoons had been marathoning blocks of old episodes for quite a while now, I guess in anticipation for this, and I think it holds up pretty well. A lot more mean spirited than I remember, but still funny.

Top Bottom