• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT Western box art characters revealed

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I thought everyone would want to know which Final Fantasy characters Square Enix considers most marketable in the West.

This will be the box art for both the standard and collector's editions.

dissidia-final-fantas55kmc.jpg
Source: http://gematsu.com/2017/10/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-western-box-art-battle-guides

Limited steelbook edition.

140193.png

this is from GAME Spain.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
No chance this will come to PC?

They said they would consider other platforms once they fulfilled their contractual obligations to Sony, so presumably it was signed up as a timed exclusive at some point.

At Gamescom in Cologne, DualShockers had a chat with Producer Ichiro Hazama and Director Takeo Kujiraoka, and we asked if the team is considering an expansion of other platforms.

Hazama-san mentioned that the team isn't thinking about any other platforms at the moment. They want to make sure that the relationship with Sony Interactive Entertainment is honored and that the game is perfected into the best it can be before considering anything else.

https://www.dualshockers.com/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-ps4-exclusive/

WOL for classic era, Cloud because he's Cloud, Lightning for modern era. I am bummed they aren't going with that awesome group shot from TGS though...

Does this mean no Noctis at launch?

He was announced at TGS. I think having WOL, Cloud, and Noctis would have been a bit of a bishie fest so Lightning helps diversify the lineup. Plus I think having her instead of Noctis helps convey it's more of a crossover of the whole series and not just "XV and the gang".

Very surprised that Lightning is there but Noctis isn't, especially given that Final Fantasy XV was a commercial success and was pretty well received

Jeels

Lightning is not popular in the west.

This is terrible.

Going digital unfortunately. Or will see whats on the JP box art and just buy that (or a printable version).

I don't want Lightning on my desk....

cordy

Banned
Question...

How popular is Lightning really? I haven't kept up the popularity of FF protagonists but I do know Cloud's popular, same with Titus and Noctis but how popular's Lightning?

I'm a casual Final Fantasy fan and I have no idea who the middle guy is.

It's the Warrior from FF1. Basically Dissidia went with Amano's interpretations of the characters from the original artwork rather than their sprites. They also used that design for the opening FMV in the PS1 version of FF1.

Question...

How popular is Lightning really? I haven't kept up the popularity of FF protagonists but I do know Cloud's popular, same with Titus and Noctis but how popular's Lightning?

Won or been in the top 3 of favorite female characters in polls a bunch of times IIRC. Her, Tifa and Yuna usually switch places on the lists.

It's stupid lightning showed up. Should have been all the main heroes with warrior of light in the centre. Give cloud a pass since he's the biggest character.

Impulsor

Brawler Steelbook edition for USA:

dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-steelbook-brawler-edition-534177.1.jpg

(Sources: Amazon.com and Playasia)

Added info on this edition: SteelBook Brawler Edition preorder customers will receive 1 of 3 limited Edition SteelBook Designs at random; each features a different set of iconic final fantasy characters to trade and collect

Original Cover art from Japan (artwork not final it seems like):

dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-525877.7.jpg

Berordn

I don't get why you wouldn't put the focus on a new character on the cover either. I don't care about Noctis but he'd probably draw more attention than old news, older news, and oldest news on the cover.

Uzzy

Shameful, Lightning should be front and centre, on her own. No one else is fit to stand alongside her.

Top Bottom