• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

Busaiku said:
It wasn't even a beta.
It wasn't even an alpha.

People were willing to pay money for a pre-alpha of a game.
Yet Capcom isn't even giving us the chance.

Too bad. It would have been the ultimate dick move to release that then cancel the game. LOL the reactions would have been priceless.

AceBandage said:
I can't see it doing great numbers on any platform.
Doesn't mean they still shouldn't release it.

No that literally means they shouldn't release it. Do you understand why Capcom exists?

Jigsaw

Banned
whatwillsave3DS.png

i know it's bitter,but can someone edit megaman legends 3 into it?

Kerrby

Banned
RedSwirl said:
Nintendo decides to let 3rd parties take the stage for the 3DS launch.
3DS doesn't sell all that much because the games aren't there yet.
Publishers start to delay and cancel games.
People lose reasons to buy a 3DS.

Really wishing I didn't get a 3DS <two weeks ago. All these games I was going to get are getting cancelled.

Saints Row 3DS
Assassins Creed 3DS
Megaman Legends 3DS

:(
Anteater said:
lol capcom

/IMG][/QUOTE]

LOL, what's this from?

hamchan said:
The fall of Capcom from being great at the start of this gen to being absolute crap right now is quite sad. That's what happens when all your talent leaves I guess.

They really were 'CapGOD' at the beginning.

Actually, they were Capgod even back to the early days of the PSP. Irregular Hunter X, Ultimate GnG...and then Bionic Commando ReArmed on Live...

Their fall was certainly a spectacle.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
There goes one of my reasons for getting a 3DS. :/

What the hell is going on with the 3DS?

I love the original DS, but it's really hard for me to find reasons to own a 3DS, and I'm getting worried about the platform's lineup.

Damn, I really wanted this game...

Busaiku

Ninja Scooter said:
Too bad. It would have been the ultimate dick move to release that then cancel the game. LOL the reactions would have been priceless.
I'd much rather have the prototype than nothing.

I still don't understand their reason for not releasing that.
They've already paid for it.

Vamphuntr

Really disappointed by Capcom. The whole prototype business was a quite a shoddy practice in the first place. Pay for our glorified demo and you may or may not see the full game eventually. The developers were also quite devoted to the project and asked for fan inputs through many polls. We even got to choose the design for Mega Man. At least they had the decency to not make people pay for the prototype before canning the project.

Jomjom

Banned
If they release MML 1 & 2 on PSN soon, I will forgive Capcom just a little bit. I'll still be mad about this, but not quite as mad.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Riposte said:
DmC is not being made by Capcom, Megaman Legends 3 would have been. Capcom's top brass are quite strict on what Capcom gets to make.
They may not be developing it but it's their ip, they decided to outsource it to a mediocre western developer, and they pushed the developer in the direction they're going explicitly telling them to piss us off. The blood is on their hands.

Riposte

It's funny because this barely was a videogame. You had the blog being unsure if it was even being made. So much fury and sorrow over an idea.

bone_and_sinew said:
They may not be developing it but it's their ip and they decided to outsource it to a mediocre western developer. The blood is on their hands.

You don't understand the point. I am saying why DmC isn't canceled. Completely different situations.

NichM

Banned
God dammit. The Prototype Version was the SOLE REASON I pulled the trigger on a 3DS near launch, so I could show my support and make sure this happened. Now I can't even do that.

Ninja Scooter said:

No that literally means they shouldn't release it. Do you understand why Capcom exists?

I understand perfectly why they exist.
I also understand that studios make games that are almost guaranteed to be "bombs" all the time in order to build fanbases and capture market share.

There is a very clear and distinct market for this game that has been very vocal and interactive, and Capcom just said "Nope, fuck off."

B.K.

jling84 said:
If they release MML 1 & 2 on PSN soon, I will forgive Capcom just a little bit. I'll still be mad about this, but not quite as mad.

They've already said that they won't be releasing Legends 1 and 2 on the PSN.

Dance In My Blood said:
This seems pretty sensible to me actually. Developing for the 3DS doesn't leave you with much space to make it a crossplatform game. Can anyone see MML3 doing decent numbers on the 3DS even if it came out?

The hate for Capcom is a little immature really. They gave this more of a shot than they even should have. Things didn't pan out, but oh well.
it was going to flop imo

AceBandage said:
I can't see it doing great numbers on any platform.
Doesn't mean they still shouldn't release it.
if it was a nintendo game you wouldn't be saying that gaming pal

Aeana

NichM said:
God dammit. The Prototype Version was the SOLE REASON I pulled the trigger on a 3DS near launch, so I could show my support and make sure this happened. Now I can't even do that.
What about Devil Survivor Overclocked?

It's fake, isn't it?!

Dambrosi

Banned
Oh come on, were any of you really surprised?

This game wasn't even fertilized in the womb, never mind stillborn. When it comes to influence within the company, it's now clear that Inafune is no Ono, and should really be considering his position right now
JOIN PLATINUM GAMES

Mind you, I'm of the minority opinion that Megaman Legends and its sequel weren't that good anyway, so I'm not mad
I'M NOT KIDDING INAFUNE, JOIN PLATINUM GAMES

Go back and (re)play Misadventures Of Tron Bonne if you're that desperate.

JOIN PLATINUM GAMES

Spike

RedSwirl said:
It's like a domino effect for the 3DS now:

Nintendo decides to let 3rd parties take the stage for the 3DS launch.
3DS doesn't sell all that much because the games aren't there yet.
Publishers start to delay and cancel games.
People lose reasons to buy a 3DS.

By the time the first party hits come this fall the 3DS could end up being just a Nintendo game player. This is the kind of shit that happens to a Nintendo console, not a handheld. Publishers (at least from Japan) have always had faith in Nintendo handhelds. What the fuck happened this time?

You answered your own question.

They should have held back the launch of the 3DS until the fall when Mario Kart was ready. Get the install base on their own and then let the rest come.

Disappointing. Wasn't following it much so had no idea it was in 'turmoil' but it was one of the very few games in the 3DS pipeline I was looking forward to. Ah well, the kid likes Zelda on it so at least it isn't going dusty.

VariantX

Delio said:
Yeah feels like the Wii almost. Will be a shame if the 3DS turns out to be a "Wii" game wise and the Vita turns into the 360.

If people can create content for the Vita in the same way that they can for PS3/360/PC then it most certainly will be the new wii....only worse because at least the wii had an MASSIVE install base, which was literally the only reason it even got the avalanche of shovelware that it did. Then one cant forget the fact that there are a ton of iOS devices and smartphones out there as well as android stuff too. I think those devices are gonna get prioritized over 3DS development because of the fact that they have bigger install bases, and they can probably have their games developed in the same way as Vita. Smartphones and tablets just get replaced by more powerful ones every year. It feels like 3DS is just going to end up with a lot of smart phone game ports rather than games made for it from the ground up.

Despera said:
RIP indeed. It'll probably end up like the Dreamcast once the Vita is out.

Edit: Oh wait... The Dreamcast actually sold well initially...

you're not serious? are you serious?

VariantX said:
If people can create content for the Vita in the same way that they can for PS3/360/PC then it most certainly will be the new wii....only worse because at least the wii had an MASSIVE install base, which was literally the only reason it even got the avalanche of shovelware that it did. Then one cant forget the fact that there are a ton of iOS devices and smartphones out there as well as android stuff too. I think those devices are gonna get prioritized over 3DS development because of the fact that they have bigger install bases and they can probably have their games developed in the same way as Vita because those devices just get replaced by more powerful ones every year. It feels like 3DS is just going to end up with a lot of smart phone game ports rather than games made for it from the ground up.

Vita is using a lot of smartphone tech so porting shouldn't be that hard and i remember reading that the devkit was only like $3000 so it's not impossible that we see a lot of iOS/Android games ported to Vita

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
jling84 said:

They can't actually because of licensing problems, same reason why they can't release rival schools.

Top Bottom