• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Just to help figure this out, this is my experience with the engram vendor change.

My character is at 305 light level.
I went to the EDZ, traded in the tokens, was offered a 299 engram. I left the planet, went to orbit. Came back a half hour later and it was 296. I closed the game after this. Loaded it up a half hour later and went to the EDZ. Different light level. I shut off the game again. Every 30 minutes I turned it back on to see what level the engram was. I think it was the fourth time it changed, 2 hours later, that the engram power level was at 300. So at this moment each time I turned in the tokens it'd give me another 300 level engram.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm guessing only EDZ the Destination that's guaranteed to hit 300 Engram level

Every other Destination has been 299

Also I need to rest, deleted my 305 Raid body piece, Fuck My Life, thought I had locked

Bought so many Nessus packages, urgh

Thank fuck can still hit 305 with Exotic body, so, at least can try to earn a 300 body from EDZ somehow and earn a Raid Body again

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Why even need guided games? Why not just make everything available via matchmaking 🤔

Bungie just wants to extend the grind to matchmaking.

How else is Bungie going to enable the player to sit in que for 15+ minutes then time out and go back to orbit and restart a guided games search?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Just to help figure this out, this is my experience with the engram vendor change.

My character is at 305 light level.
I went to the EDZ, traded in the tokens, was offered a 299 engram. I left the planet, went to orbit. Came back a half hour later and it was 296. I closed the game after this. Loaded it up a half hour later and went to the EDZ. Different light level. I shut off the game again. Every 30 minutes I turned it back on to see what level the engram was. I think it was the fourth time it changed, 2 hours later, that the engram power level was at 300. So at this moment each time I turned in the tokens it'd give me another 300 level engram.

You need to be a 300+ character in the first place yes?

So interesting finding on reddit, I'm trying it out to see if it's doable

Trade 20 Token to Planet Vendor
Do not Pick-Up Legendary Engram Package
Every 30 minutes it Rotates Power Level

I'm 305 Hunter. Traded 20 Tokens @Devrim, Engram Power Level @297 @1:05AM EDT.
Went to him @1:30AM EDT Sharp, Engram Changed to PL 295.
Now it's 2:00AM EDT, Engram Power Level is... 300!

THREE FUCKING HUNDRED!
HOLY SHIT!, Farm those Fucking Tokens!
84TVTfDl.jpg

So if you cycle 4 times, roughly 2 hours, you will get your Engram max. So Tokens to get max PL (whatever you are) Loot and then hopefully mods included on them, give you a 305 weapon or armor

Long process, but I think this may help earn 300 gear quicker and get 300-305 faster
At least you will have 30 minute window

Tried to see if it's synced to account or guardians, it's to Guardians
Cause I traded 20 Tokens to Devrim as Warlock and it spit out a 295 Legendary Engram @PL 303 Warlock
On Hunter it went from 297 to 295 to 300!

So if your PL 305, here's you 300 Engram Power up all weapons and armor.
Range will be -5 to -10, every 2.5 hours it cycles

Damn!

GraveRobberX once again was right, Farming does pay off, hahahaha

The gear dropped still won't go beyond your max though would it?

GraveRobberX

The gear dropped still won't go beyond your max though would it?

305 is soft cap
Weapons and gear can drop at 390, sometimes with a Mod attached on either to give 305
Exotic chance there too.

You literally can't go beyond 305, until Prestige Raid drops and PL 350 becomes the max hard cap.

Then it's December/January for DLC 1 to move that PL again

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Why even need guided games? Why not just make everything available via matchmaking 🤔

because that'd make people get really upset. matchmaking would ruin the entire game, didn't you know?

i think every mode should have matchmaking. if you still wanna put together a team on your own then you can. options never hurt anyone.

Correcto Friendo

Whatever your Max PL is, equip your best 3 Weapons and Armor slots.
Then subtract -10, that will be the lowest, -5 from your current PL will be the highest the Engram can be

So if you hit 305, 300 Engram should cycle as a vendor package for 30 minutes, I'm waiting on Nessus right now

So far it's been 296, 299, 297, 298 at the moment
So 2 hours so far, now hoping 300 is next slit up in cycle, if not, that means the PL can fluctuate back to another # already seen
(I'm hoping here, if not cycle maybe longer, than that's more iffy to fully determine)

Any Tower Vendors are capped for me, they dont shift Engram wise. Shaxx and Vuvuzala are 299, Gunsmith 297.
I edited my posts, take a look

Only Destination NPCs have this going on

I am trying it with two different characters, one 304 warlock and one 305 titan, so far only the titan is fluctuating.

Just wanted to add that I was 304 PL when trying the Planet Vendor engram thingy on Nessus which doesn't work on that Destination as far as I can tell. Thought it was worth a shot considering I have 304 PL arms and legs holding me back from 305 PL. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky with those pieces this week.

Used all my EDZ tokens trying to get the Armor Sets for my Titan and Hunter recently.

eizarus

Banned
So I finally started to level my Hunter and I have to say I love the idea that Cayde is
Rasputin
. I know it was probably a joke, but I'm taking it seriously.
It was in the quest to reclaim the Gunslinger subclass

Owensboro

Anyone on PS4 doing PvP? Want to get the Milestone done.

Oh, or getting one win in Trials. I haven't done that yet either! (fair warning, I'm mediocre in PvP)

TsuWave

7 exotic engrams (was hoarding in hopes to better my chances of getting orpheus rig).

3 st0mp-ee5's
2 dragon shadows
2 foetracers

fuck this game

TsuWave

Has anyone messed around with the trials pulse rifle? Is it any good?

pulse rifles, imo, are in the weird spot they were before they became the meta in D1. Long range they get beaten by scouts. mid-close get beaten by auto rifles so there isn't much point to them. i tried the trials pulse rifle and its good but yeah

Anything good on the content cycle for next week? I'm not really feeling grinding to 305 so I'll just do it as and when via milestones and raid fear. Already at 298 anyway so not much to go.

Wootball

I know most of you will have done it already, but I finally finished the Raid after around 24 hours of working with various teams on it, and I'm astonishingly relieved so thought I'd share it here :)

GraveRobberX

Is the Graviton Lance supposed to be good? I didn't feel like the extra damage was worth the exotic slot.

Like Gunshot fun to Patrol/Good off with

Sunshot is Hilarious around Shanks,fucking fireworks everywhere
Lance is fun for the Black Hole effect just to see those bodies get sucked up into the void

I would never use them or Hard Light, Skyburners Oath, Borealis (exclusive PS Sniper), Riskrunner, in high level stuff

Coldheart, Merciless, MIDA, Vgilance Wing, and Wardcliff Coil have use

Don't have the rest of the exotics yet, so can't comment

Feels like some are necessary, some are just play toys for the sandbox to enjoy

Strider

I've barely played Destiny this week tbh :/

NF doesn't seem all that fun this week, Trials was reverted to something I've just played last weekend, and Titan is my least favorite patrol location so I'm not too bothered with finishing the FP either... This whole week is just blah for me. I hope there's some content I feel the urge to play come Tuesday.

Like Gunshot fun to Patrol/Good off with

Sunshot is Hilarious around Shanks,fucking fireworks everywhere
Lance is fun for the Black Hole effect just to see those bodies get sucked up into the void

I would never use them or Hard Light, Skyburners Oath, Borealis (exclusive PS Sniper), Riskrunner, in high level stuff

Coldheart, Merciless, MIDA, Vgilance Wing, and Wardcliff Coil have use

Don't have the rest of the exotics yet, so can't comment

Feels like some are necessary, some are just play toys for the sandbox to enjoy

Have you gotten the 300 drops from vendors on planets to drop for any characters that are not already 305?

I am trying to test but thought id ask :)

mileS

That new "trick" seems pretty silly. I don't understand why it works this way at all. At this rate I'm sure they will patch or change it. If the 305 people act now tho, I'm sure they will be able to max out a bunch of weapons for backup. That's usually how these things work. I expect it to not work this way come Tuesday after reset. I also expect it to be changed silently. Aka no patch notes or comments on it at all.

The rich get richer in Destiny.

sKiTz

I finally finished the raid with my clan today (some already completed it)

Geeeez that raid feels like a real slug sometimes, lots of glitches out of our control, was expecting a more physical type raid since it was Cabal, but nope just mechanics for the sake of it. One that I feel didn’t suit the cabal race (
shadow realm
)

Not sure I’ll revisit it again, just didn’t feel as good as Vault or Oryx did in my opinion.

Since being 304 PL for 4 days or so my max Exotic PL drops from Heroic Public Events (or regulalr Public Events) are always 302 PL. Is this everyone's experience?

f@luS

More than a member.
Anyone for prestige nightfall or arms dealer exotic strike ?

I’m 2 points away from 305 need a freakin 305 Mark. Mine is 303

pantsmith

I finally finished the raid with my clan today (some already completed it)

Geeeez that raid feels like a real slug sometimes, lots of glitches out of our control, was expecting a more physical type raid since it was Cabal, but nope just mechanics for the sake of it. One that I feel didn’t suit the cabal race (
shadow realm
)

Not sure I’ll revisit it again, just didn’t feel as good as Vault or Oryx did in my opinion.

Regarding your spoiler,

It looks like some kind of psychic realm, which fits with the giant head floating there.

To me it fit with his role as “God Emperor” of the Cabal (I’d expect a few tricks, at least) and isn’t too out of place considering that Psions are psychic and factor heavily into the Cabal as well.

That new "trick" seems pretty silly. I don't understand why it works this way at all. At this rate I'm sure they will patch or change it. If the 305 people act now tho, I'm sure they will be able to max out a bunch of weapons for backup. That's usually how these things work. I expect it to not work this way come Tuesday after reset. I also expect it to be changed silently. Aka no patch notes or comments on it at all.

The rich get richer in Destiny.
What's this "trick"?

GraveRobberX

Have you gotten the 300 drops from vendors on planets to drop for any characters that are not already 305?

I am trying to test but thought id ask :)

Nope has to be 305

They take that into consideration

Only EDZ has been 300, everyone else 299 in Nessus, Titan, Io

My 303, max Engram has been 298, Titan 299 (PL 304)
Only Hunter is 305 and EDZ only that gave me 300 Engram packages

sKiTz

Regarding your spoiler,

It looks like some kind of psychic realm, which fits with the giant head floating there.

To me it fit with his role as “God Emperor” of the Cabal (I’d expect a few tricks, at least) and isn’t too out of place considering that Psions are psychic and factor heavily into the Cabal as well.

Yeah fair point, never considered that.

Top Bottom