• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Player 1 Podcast Topic

Gomu Gomu

OT stories made this week's episode one of the best in recent memory. It's amazing how you guys still deliver after all this time :D .

GhaleonQ

I enjoyed this far too much for the ratio of nonsense-to-content (and I don't just mean "game content"). Good work!

SuperPac

I did think about going back to Episode 23 and editing that in but... it was funnier this way. :) And everyone should go buy Robot Unicorn Attack because it is an awesome game (and #36 in iTunes paid apps still!).

fart town usa

Gold Member
awesome, just subscribed via itunes. I'm always looking for new podcasts to add to my queue. About to listen to the newest episode.

Oxx

Ha ha ha. The exact same thing happened to me right at the start of Pokemon Blue.

In my defence, it was my first ever RPG.

GhaleonQ

Okay, allow me 1 hack observation, since you guys left a lot of Greg Ford gems on the table: Phil, please name your synthpop/post-punk band "The Utica Expression."

You guys did a great job. Again.

gokieks

Missed latter half of the UStream because my internet connection started flaking out, but caught up with it on the podcast.

The phrase "Chuckle Canucks" is amazing. I heard that part on the stream, and I still burst out laughing again when I heard it on the podcast again.

Oxx

Yeah, loved this episode.

I was wondering what was going to happen when I noticed there was something like 40 minutes left when you were wrapping-up the tweets and I was pleasantly surprised with the rest of the show.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I wonder if Phils teacher was hot....the story was funny, poor phil and his innocent dream of makin a animation short film xD

cw_sasuke

randomlyrossy said:
Dude, what the fuck.

Dont take it so serious ;-)
Never had a a female teacher that young - and 22 years old ? Thats really young....you couldn`t be teaching at this age in germany, at least thats what i think...

Oxx

They should have recorded during the Superb Owl just to stick it to Ford.

Who wanted to see the Green Day Pachters whim anyway?

GhaleonQ

Oxx said:
They should have recorded during the Superb Owl just to stick it to Ford.

Who wanted to see the Green Day Pachters whim anyway?

4th String Cast does a great job of that already.

cw_sasuke

T-Matt said:
Phil has such a charming personality I know he will be a great teacher.
Yes, Phil is awesome - the funny thing is I've been listening to this podcast for years now and still don't have a clue about the looks of any member besides of Ford. I really enjoy their talk about games and the past - this kind of chemistry is rare, hope they will keep up with the podcast as long as possible, a week without P1 would suck.

GhaleonQ

cw_sasuke said:
Yes, Phil is awesome - the funny thing is I've been listening to this podcast for years now and still don't have a clue about the looks of any member besides of Ford.

Oddly, they all look like what they sound like, I think. COMPLIMENT?! (Yes.) Also, this means that you were never a Ziff-Davis subscriber. I feel betrayed, cw.

LiK

cw_sasuke said:
Yes, Phil is awesome - the funny thing is I've been listening to this podcast for years now and still don't have a clue about the looks of any member besides of Ford. I really enjoy their talk about games and the past - this kind of chemistry is rare, hope they will keep up with the podcast as long as possible, a week without P1 would suck.

they're all adorable dudes.

cw_sasuke

GhaleonQ said:
Oddly, they all look like what they sound like, I think. COMPLIMENT?! (Yes.) Also, this means that you were never a Ziff-Davis subscriber. I feel betrayed, cw.
Erm yes, actually I live in Germany there is a reason for my broken English xD So yeah I never had the chance to read those magazines :-/

@LiK
true dat !!!

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
T-Matt said:
Phil has such a charming personality I know he will be a great teacher.
I am an outstanding teacher. Incidentally, my master's degree arrived in the mail today. I'm officially a Master of Science, yo! Now let's see if I can find a job...

cw_sasuke said:
We're not a good looking bunch. This was taken when we were in Vegas for CJ's wedding. From left to right, it's Sewart, CJ, and me.

4b7mmhl

snap0212

cw_sasuke said:
Dont take it so serious ;-)
Never had a a female teacher that young - and 22 years old ? Thats really young....you couldn`t be teaching at this age in germany, at least thats what i think...
You can teach at that age, but you're not a teacher yet... more like a trainee teacher. Sometimes they're even younger than 22.

Anyways; great show as always. P1P is pretty much my favorite podcast now. I'm still waiting for the official PlayerOnePodcast iPhone app for Windows Phone 7, though.

Whimsical Phil said:
I am an outstanding teacher. Incidentally, my master's degree arrived in the mail today. I'm officially a Master of Science, yo! Now let's see if I can find a job...

We're not a good looking bunch. This was taken when we were in Vegas for CJ's wedding. From left to right, it's Sewart, CJ, and me.

4b7mmhl

Sewart looks nothing like I'd imagined him to, so odd putting faces to voices after so long. I knew what yourself and CJ looked like though, I've seen pics of CJ around and there was of course your appearance on CO-OP a while back.

stewy

That time is by no means set in stone. It's pretty much a free-for-all from Friday evening right up until Sunday evening. It just depends on when all of us (or most of us) have free time each weekend.

LiK

stewy said:
That time is by no means set in stone. It's pretty much a free-for-all from Friday evening right up until Sunday evening. It just depends on when all of us (or most of us) have free time each weekend.
And if Ford is watching a sports game atm.

kuYuri

Once again, I didn't even know P1P streamed their latest episode 225. How does one find out? I don't see CJ mention it on Twitter or anything.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
DevelopmentArrested said:
new episode up yet?
The new episode is up now. There's a big, spoiler-filled Dead Space 2 discussion at the end of the episode.

Strider2K99 said:
Once again, I didn't even know P1P streamed their latest episode 225. How does one find out? I don't see CJ mention it on Twitter or anything.
CJ set up a separate Player One Twitter account. That's what you need to follow.

http://twitter.com/p1podcast

GhaleonQ

I'll post it, then.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/playerone/02_14_11-Episode225.mp3

POP Ep.225: Full of Dead Space Too
This week! We dedicate half of the episode to talking about Dead Space 2 (alert: spoilers ahead). But don't worry - the spoiler talk isn't until the second half of the episode. We start off with other stuff - Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter IV 3DS, Halo: Reach, Stacking, Activision retiring Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero, retro 3D updates, Sega CD games, the next generation and much much more.

http://www.playeronepodcast.com/2011/02/13/episode-225-021411-full-of-dead-space-too/

GhaleonQ

They talked about how they liked things I dislike, so in the grand NeoGAF tradition, I say, "HORRIBLE EPISODE OMG GET SOME TASTE."

That said, I consider Greg Ford an intelligent guide to blockbuster games, so I was pleased to hear him namedrop Dark Wizard: Sorcerer Of The Resurrected Darkness.

Also, they mentioned an F.M.V. football game. I can't recall the name, but, Greg Sewart, there's a Japan-only game possibly made by Human where you "plan" a Formula 1 car's race. So, your car will be still, your car will advance 10 yards, stop, and then you plan how your speed changes and your trajectory. 10 yards, stop, and repeat. If he ever wants to kill himself, induce it with that.

SuperPac

While I was editing I was kicking myself for not pointing out sports games as annual releases that could just be updated stats for people who are just interested in that. But they aren't. EA, 2K, etc. want to sell you a new game every year.

Granted, one could say those were not sold as "platforms," but - Rock Band 1 & 2 had interoperable DLC and even today I can continue playing the vast majority of RB 1&2 songs on RB3.

LiK

SuperPac said:
While I was editing I was kicking myself for not pointing out sports games as annual releases that could just be updated stats for people who are just interested in that. But they aren't. EA, 2K, etc. want to sell you a new game every year.

Granted, one could say those were not sold as "platforms," but - Rock Band 1 & 2 had interoperable DLC and even today I can continue playing the vast majority of RB 1&2 songs on RB3.
Next week!

Top Bottom