• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Now that Sistar is dead Soyus obviously pursuing a full time job as a model like Jaekyung and YoonJi.

aA5tRKc.jpg

dqBiFCz.jpg

utRejd4.jpg

OiYlkyh.jpg

HOLhUJL.jpg

m0fhG0P.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
T-ara: Yes, their casual reacceptance by the masses after the rumors were proven to be rumors all along does well to demonstrate the savagery of kpop.

ChoA: Get yours, girl. But I will miss her. AOA still has Hyejeong and Yuna so that's cool but I can't imagine their songs without Choa. RIP AOA.

BlackPink: I just want to say over the many years of 2NE1 I saw countless YG army kids saying stuff like how they enjoy 2NE1 over other girl groups explicitly because they were kind of anti-the whole visual concept for groups. Now they are eating up the hella visual BP and I don't see complaints. #marketing

BoA: Making everything else Monday irrelevant.

llehuty

Loona shenanigans said:
LOOΠΔ is a k-pop group building its own unique universe.

The story of LOOΠΔ started with its first girl, HeeJin. Then HyunJin, a close friend and a schoolmate of HeeJin, joined LOOΠΔ. HaSeul, who always seems to cause rain wherever she goes, and the youngest member YeoJin, who hops around everywhere like a noisy frog joined along.

An android from Hong Kong, ViVi was introduced to complete LOOΠΔ's first milestone, LOOΠΔ 1/3. As they pass through the endless forest created with 'Love&Live' and 'Love&Evil', LOOΠΔ's universe kept on expanding.

Each girl meets another girl like building 'blocks' stacking, and the encounters of each girl creates new synergies to bear 'berries'. The structure built by these young innocent girls eclipsed with Kim Lip's appearance to show a different side of what they had built.

Now, the introduction of a new girl draws a even bigger circle now. JinSoul is the girl of this month.

JinSoul had caught the eyes of the fans first with ViVi's help during their encounter in Hong Kong. She finally joins LOOΠΔ with her new single, 'Singing in the Rain'.

Dressed in a blue school uniform, she brings a future bass track, 'Singing in the Rain' to show her colors to the fullest. The track fires up speakers with its accelerating tempo like a pulsating heart in excitement.

The title of the supporting track 'Love Letter' performed by JinSoul and Kim Lip sounds like a ballad number, but it actually is a track full of groove, created from the clash of the two girls with their unique and distinct styles.

Now with its progress just over half way, the universe of LOOΠΔ strengthens more and more to show its real potential. Kim Lip, JinSoul, and the next girl to come will form a new unit to add colors very different from what LOOΠΔ 1/3 has brought.

As it was mentioned in LOOΠΔ TV, about 50 trainees are training hard under the name of 'LOOΠΔTIOΠ' as candidates for the last four slots in the third unit of LOOΠΔ, which will expand the universe with its whole new spectrum once again.
W.T.F. Going all Produce 101 on this group. I wonder what will be their procedure to pick them.

Dice

The BP song really is lame and 80% of why is production choices. Sounds like a DJ who just got dumped by their girlfriend before the show.

Dice

No way, YG has always been a mixed bag with song quality, but SM just doesn't give their good stuff to SNSD.

Hot off the press!!

(LOONA/JinSoul) "Singing in the Rain"

EDIT:

Oh my fuck that chorus... I was not ready for that.

Fuck.

Visuals - 7/10

7 might seem a little too low but I'm just not sold on her looks tbh. Like she's still pretty and all that but she's missing whatever HaSeul and Kim Lip have that grabbed my attention from the start.

Music - 10/10

I think this just eclipsed Eclipse as the best LOONA track for me... but don't hold me to that yet. Everything about it is really good but it'll honestly depend on longevity... I kinda have a feeling I'm gonna get tired of the song after about a month but we'll see.

Playing this and Eclipse in succession though, I definitely like the higher energy in SitR compared to Eclipse's slower pace. But at the same time, I really love Eclipse's vibey feel and that speaks a lot to it's longevity imo.

Dancing in the rain - 11/10

Hot off the press!!

(LOONA/JinSoul) "Singing in the Rain"

EDIT:

Oh my fuck that chorus... I was not ready for that.

Fuck.

Visuals - 7/10

7 might seem a little too low but I'm just not sold on her looks tbh. Like she's still pretty and all that but she's missing whatever HaSeul and Kim Lip have that grabbed my attention from the start.

Music - 10/10

I think this just eclipsed Eclipse as the best LOONA track for me... but don't hold me to that yet. Everything about it is really good but it'll honestly depend on longevity... I kinda have a feeling I'm gonna get tired of the song after about a month but we'll see.

Playing this and Eclipse in succession though, I definitely like the higher energy in SitR compared to Eclipse's slower pace. But at the same time, I really love Eclipse's vibey feel and that speaks a lot to it's longevity imo.

Dancing in the rain - 11/10
i liked the beat.

Hokuten

Neo Member
Kim Lip still #1, but that was damn good. I can't even think who the third member of LOONA 2/3 will be.

JinSoul has a great look to her and that video was fire or rather a flood of awesomeness.

llehuty

This is good. I agree with jk that visually she is not quite there, but I don't think I've seen a lot of idols making that hairstyle work. I'm wondering how the final group is going to be like, these 2nd wave has a completely different vibe going for them. I hope they give room to the different subunits promoting independently after debut, since I don't see the full group living up to the varied soundscape.

I'm quite disapointed about them dropping the different cities concept, bit I guess it was, at the end of the day, unnecessary.

llehuty

BoA - CAMO
SO GOOD. I love the song. And on top of that, that dancing, that presence, the visuals... The wall nobody can climb over. (Ready for it flopping on the charts for not playing it safe or not being the hot new thing)

Apink(에이핑크) _ FIVE
I feel so bad for them having to act as little kids this long on their career. Song isn't offensive, but their lack of musical evolution is.

스텔라 Stellar - 세피로트의 나무 Archangels of the Sephiroth Official Teaser
Lmao, is that the new member in the bathtub? Getting the new Stellar member through some kind of corruption ritual is quite qa statement to make. I like how she is visually disgusted. Stellar still A+ at baiting netizens. Song sounds intriguing.

Loci

BoA - CAMO
SO GOOD. I love the song. And on top of that, that dancing, that presence, the visuals... The wall nobody can climb over. (Ready for it flopping on the charts for not playing it safe or not being the hot new thing)
hm not sure yet
Apink(에이핑크) _ FIVE
I feel so bad for them having to act as little kids this long on their career. Song isn't offensive, but their lack of musical evolution is.
Closed the tab at 0:14. You already know how the song's gonna end up.

Quite nice.

Dice

But it has evolved... into shit. Their music used to be so layered and beautiful.

Alright I'm not gonna lie. Upon the first listen, I was rather disappointed at BoA's new track. But turns out I just needed some coffee coz on the second listen... this is actually really really good.

I actually can't decide which is better, Singing in the Rain or Camo. Throw Heize's track in there too.

But it has evolved... into shit. Their music used to be so layered and beautiful.

Agreed.

Worse still is that they're plagiarizing their own songs. Seriously the melody for 12345, is the exact same as LOVE Luv.

It's garbage tier, no bottom of the barrel tier imo. Even Eunji's solo releases are better than this shit.

Cuddler

Complete overreaction over a non offensive Apink song, true, the song it's definitely recognizable as an Apink song, but it's certainly not that bad. In Only u, the song was different and their concept was more mature but it underperformed on the charts. It's not that difficult to understand why they went for a more safe song with this comeback and it's paying already on the charts. The same goes for Mamamoo, the song basically doesn't even show much of their talents, they likely have many songs that are better, but in the end this song is becoming incredibly succesful on the charts. Unfortunately, it's clear that musically the direction compared to something like 5 years ago seems to be more standardized, I don't see any group going for the Kara or 4Minute sound. Personally I would like both Apink and Mamamoo to continue in the other (less popular?) directions but let's not kid ourself, the public dictate what is the musical direction. Now talking about BoA, I really like the new song, and as expected by llehuty is already out of the top 50 on Melon unfortunately.

While I agree that it might be an overreaction for people wanting a new sound from A-Pink, my problem is that, like BlackPink's song, this probably should've come out 4-5 years ago as a b-side.

If it sounded as good as Luv, NoNoNo, and BuBibu then I probably wouldn't be complaining. But it sounds nothing like those tracks at all. Rather it's a pale imitation of those tracks instead.

More importantly, A-Pink doesn't need to become a mature group to evolve their sound. IMO GFriend is exactly what A-Pink should've been 2-3 years ago but of course that ship has sailed since GF is ridiculously dominant, A-Pink would be mere copycats if they tried to follow that path.

Pendulum

Kuno

BoA - CAMO

Really liking this! Song is good and she looks fantastic. And it seems like they actually spent some money on the video too.

Just checked the Melon chart... she's at #48 (and Apink is at #4 lul)

EDIT: let's top the page with BlackPink

Top Bottom