• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
next episode is makeover challenge which is consistently in my top episode of every season
most excited

Season 4...ugh

My least favorite winner.

I know who wins (Alaska says so again, and again, and again.... and again) in season 5. Not that surprised, though it's a decent group. I'm early, so still too many filler queens.

5 has still been my favorite so far because the end was fucking bananas.

royalan

When Violet Chachki and Tyra Sanchez exist?

(Unless you mean just post-show tarnishing, which I get.)

The season 4 winner edges out Violet for me...
Only because I went to college in Pittsburgh and knew Sharon. And he really is as vile a person as all the rumors say. Had to physically remove him from a house party I threw one summer. Just an all-around trash person. Unlike Tyra, who I've heard is actually really nice in person.

Only because I went to college in Pittsburgh and knew Sharon. And he really is as vile a person as all the rumors say. Had to physically remove him from a house party I threw one summer. Just an all-around trash person. Unlike Tyra, who I've heard is actually really nice in person.

Oof.

But, like, on the show, Violet was... blah. Ugh. They tried a redemption arc and I just never bought it.

Rayis

I fail to see what other worthy winner season 7 had besides Katya, Ginger? no way!

you could make a case for Max had she not gotten eliminated

I fail to see what other worthy winner season 7 had besides Katya, Ginger? no way!

you could make a case for Max had she not gotten eliminated

Katya. But they all sucked tbh. Violet had the best looks and honestly is insanely talented, but, ugh. Especially coming off of 5 and 6, it fell flat.

Can you elaborate more?

Sharon is one of my faves, but I'm open to hearing tea

Katya. But they all sucked tbh. Violet had the best looks and honestly is insanely talented, but, ugh. Especially coming off of 5 and 6, it fell flat.
LOL if you think season 7 was bad strap in for season 8. A boring mess!

At least it's short (only 10 episodes including the grand finale)

game-boi

OKay, finally binged seasons 5, 6, and 7. Just started 4. What a fucking ride.

Apologies for the "pointed" tone, but I hope you're watching Untucked for these seasons, especially for season 4. Some of the biggest/best moments in Drag Race herstory happened during Untucked.

Season 8 is leagues ahead of season 7, maybe even season 9.
Girl....

Zero drama

derrick berry's racist flop ass lasts WAY too long

Chi chi is shit until the lip sync vs Thorgy

Bob's drag SUCKS. Like hardcore, it's shit. Literally a man in a wig with chalky skin.

None of the top 3 are good at multiple things - Kim is amazing with makeup and looks but nothing else, Naomi can only model and bob is just funny

The Empire challenge is trash, there are literally two "winnable" roles. Everyone that wasn't thorgy or bob may as well not have done that challenge

The madonna runway is TRAGIC

the force assed incredibly choreographed "this is the song you lip sync to!!!!1!1!" Double elim

Just... so much shit and yet the season is so short. There are like 3 good eps.

Even tho S7 had meh queens it gave us Katya, Ginger, Jasmine, MacBitch, hello kitty, Merle Ginsberg etc

_Isaac

How do you watch these old seasons? I kinda wanted to rewatch some, but I don't think they're even on the Logo website anymore.

royalan

Can you elaborate more?

Sharon is one of my faves, but I'm open to hearing tea

I'm pretty sure I've told this story in one of the threads before. FAKE EDIT: I did, way back in 2012. LOL - I'll tell a more honest version of the story now that I'm older and less concerned about my identity. Mild confession: I'm the friend, and this happened at the apartment I shared with my BFF at the time.

I went to Pitt around the same time Alaska did. I was a class under her. Sharon didn't go to Pitt, but he worked at a thrift store (Avalon) on campus, and he and his friends were just known for crashing parties and being incredibly obnoxious. I didn't know him, he didn't hang out in my group (never that), but I knew of him. Nobody that I knew at the time really liked him, but I was a freshman and Sharon was in his 20s, so our paths wouldn't have crossed much anyway (I don't even think he was doing drag yet).

The summer after my freshman year my best friend and I decided to stay in the area and sublet an apartment together. We threw a big "house warming" party that many of the gays between Pitt and Carnegie Mellon showed up to. Eventually, Sharon and his friends show up. I didn't really want him there, but there were so many people there and I was buzzed by this point so I didn't think much of it. Anyway, halfway through the night I start to notice graffiti on my walls. Somebody's stupid signature all over my fucking apartment. I go into the kitchen, and see that whoever did this ALSO tagged the individual pieces of fruit in my motherfucking fruit bowl (yes, my roommate and I had a fruit bowl because we were - what? - CLASSY).

Anyway, at this point I'm drunk and pissed, and start screaming for the culprit. Somebody yells out that they saw the person go upstairs. I go upstairs, and in my bedroom (which had been roped off), was Sharon and his friends, SMOKING (!!!!!). I don't think they realized I was one of the people who lived there because when I asked who was tagging one of Sharon's friends laughed and pointed at Sharon, who then started cracking up.

I was drunk but I'll never forget it. I walked right up to Sharon, grabbed him by the back of his shirt, and literally dragged him out of my room, down the stairs, through the kitchen, and out the back door, where I was about to beat the tar out of him until my bff/roommate pulled me off of him. So I just cussed him out instead. He and his friends just yelled some shit back then left.

KiN0

How do you watch these old seasons? I kinda wanted to rewatch some, but I don't think they're even on the Logo website anymore.

Amazon prime has 5,6, and 7. The others are there too, but you have to pay extra. Same goes for untucked as well.

mantidor

This Sharon tea I live.

It's pretty ironic she was the last bitchy queen really, even with her underdog, "misunderstood but brilliant artist" storyline. After that all next seasons became a borefest of everyone playing nice, but I guess this is the inevitable consequence of drag going mainstream.

Rayis

God, I don't know whether to play the ARMS TestPunch or watch Drag Race, why they gotta be at the same time?!, I have no idea where to go for an episode rerun.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ru looked great and I think I agree with the decision of who left mostly because it was relying on a gimmick that got tired for me at least.

This season got real boring real quick.

I honestly find the RuPaul's Best Friend Race to be a bit of pallet cleanser while watching some of the older seasons at the same time.

Apologies for the "pointed" tone, but I hope you're watching Untucked for these seasons, especially for season 4. Some of the biggest/best moments in Drag Race herstory happened during Untucked.

I'm feeling very attacked right now

(which is to say, I am).

NandoGip

Hi friends. After seeing Katy Perry's performance on SNL it made me wonder what specifically draws people into drag and watching drag? I hope my questions isnt coming across rudely. I can see the appeal of the cool costumes and performances, but i was wondering if there were other things i was missing

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
There hasn't been a single exciting lipsync this season.
Pretty terrible tbh. Even the other seasons that are bad had some fun lip syncs.
Hi friends. After seeing Katy Perry's performance on SNL it made me wonder what specifically draws people into drag and watching drag? I hope my questions isnt coming across rudely. I can see the appeal of the cool costumes and performances, but i was wondering if there were other things i was missing
The looks they craft, their performance skills and personalities. Some do music themselves, some so pageants, some do beauty videos and some lip sync among other things. They are pretty much performance artists.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Great episode + Untucked, the camera crew makeover was way more enjoyable than I expected and I kept smiling and laughing throuhgout.

Sad that Nina didn't get out of her funk before the end, but I'm glad she managed to stay positive in her own way when she was leaving. Hoping for the best for her from here on out and that she keeps honing her craft.

The killer fashion, great makeup skills, acceptance and celebration of LGBT people, the history of drag itself as well as the ballroom culture that it frequently pulls from, fucking with gender, incredible and well-rehearsed performances. That just scrapes the surface.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I have to agree that the lypsincs have been underwhelming. So far the ones I'm going to remember the most from this season are the ones that fucked up majorly (Charlie and Valentina).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom