• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For April 2017 [Up: Sony and Microsoft now sharing digital numbers]

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Activision look at the number 1 at the chart and think, BC is a mistake.

Believe they are looking and smiling at Black Ops 2 in the chart which they havent really do anything to continue its sales.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I looked at the chart and all I could see was

GTA V is top 3 on ps4
GTA V is top 5 on xbox one

the game is a legit phenomena now, and I am pleased that the gaming public is not full of SJW who want their games neutered.

Did you ever get the impression this was true? Super violent games like GTA or Call of Duty have been the most popular games for years.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Fantastic that Persona 5 is that high up. Game deserved great sales.

Also, GTA V and fucking BLOPS 2 in the top 10 ... great games have great legs.

mrmickfran

kGaT9.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
true that. Do we know the split at least? 90/10?

I think you're underestimating it. I'd say 60/40 or 70/30 at best. PS3 version was selling cheaper and there's a good amount of people on GAF even who opted for the that version as well.

Elandyll

Banned
I think you're underestimating it. I'd say 60/40 or 70/30 at best. PS3 version was selling cheaper and there's a good amount of people on GAF even who opted for the that version as well.
Seriously doubt that.

Even in Japan the split was over 75% PS4 afaik.

Hero

Let me put it this way. If Injustice 2 is below 500K, that will be the last Injustice game, so Warner certainly didn't green light it with less than that in mind.

How much did Injustice GOA sell in its first month, do we know?

Geg

With all the talk about the games in the top 10 I hadn't even noticed until now

Minecraft is all the way down to #20??

Persona 5 had split of 97/3 for PS4 during first week of sales in UK. Even 90/10 is pushing it in US. PS3 is pretty much completely dead in west.

Northern Europe, Finland to be exact. Maybe Nintendo just doesn't care about this region, but I just checked the local department store again: they haven't even put the few games on display. They just lie there in the self between a few Switch consoles and PS4 controllers. I guess this is Tier 2 for Nintendo as well.

Yeah, Scandinavia seems to have an abysmal relationship with Nintendo: I have seen those countries (together with Italy and Australia) pop up constantly as regions where Switch has been readily available almost since launch.

Edit: I do mean recently (i.e. Wii U and now Switch).

For some reason the Nordic countries got fucked on the Switch pricing, €50 more expensive here compared to mainland Europe with similar vat. That didn't happen with previous Nintendo hardware, or any other consoles as far as I can recall.

Blame Bergsala, not Nintendo. Bergsala is the distributor in the Nordic. And afwul at that. I've seen one ad (I think) and it was in a Donald Duck magazine. There's always ads for Nintendo's stuff in there, maybe Bergsala is so daft that it thinks that only kids buy Nintendo stuff? Although, to be fair, I think that the readers of Donald Duck range from 8-60 year old... I am almost 30 and still read it religiously every week. I got the subscription as a gift when I was six. Best comic ever.

Anyway, Switch is really, really expensive in Finland. I pre-ordered from Amazon France, and even with postage it was 50€ cheaper than what I saw in Finnish stores. There was some stores that sold it cheaper, like 340€, but of course those run out immediately.

I propably won't buy anything from Finland, better to order from another country. It's crazy if you think about it... Bergsala sucks big time.

EDIT. And I saw at least two Citymarkers (local hypermarkets) with Switches at the main walkways, at the end of the shelves. Easy to see, and the red colour of the box really pops out. Gathers looks, the box.

Finland is not so prominent region for Ninty, pitiful Sony or glorious PC gamers mostly.

Persona 5 was robbed!

Too soon? I'll save it for the GoTY awards then.

Also, MK8 Deluxe is hype af. Also Zelda legs are there.
GTAV and Minecraft just won't die. Next month Minecraft will be number 1 likely.

Japan has been killing it this year. I'm happy for were games are going. Couldn't have said that a few years ago. I'm optimistic now.

GTA V is top 3 on ps4

the game is a legit phenomena now, and I am pleased that the gaming public is not full of SJW who want their games neutered.

Your gonna stay a Junior if you keep it up with that attitude.

Your gonna stay a Junior if you keep it up with that attitude.

but it's true, you can't say anything remotely controversial. There are people complaining that all the fall shows on CBS next fall, all happened to star males. or do you recall the symposium that was cancelled because no female developer could attend. so I am very happy that people are still willing to purchase controversial titles, that haven't put through focus group, that removes any content that is remotely controversial.

Matt

but it's true, you can't say anything remotely controversial. There are people complaining that all the fall shows on CBS next fall, all happened to star males. or do you recall the symposium that was cancelled because no female developer could attend. so I am very happy that people are still willing to purchase controversial titles, that haven't put through focus group, that removes any content that is remotely controversial.
Ugh.

Should I even bother?

Like, the fact that you want a game to sell for exclusively the virtue of it being "controversial" says more than I could ever try.

This is a sales thread, not the safe space you're looking for. Surely the huge sales enjoyed by Grand Theft Auto prove that there are no SJWs under the bed that you need to be worried about.

GTA V is top 3 on ps4

It's a sales thread, keep this alt right nonsense out of it.

EDIT: Jesus you're doubling down.

Anth0ny

GTA V is top 3 on ps4

no one can touch the GOAT besides rockstar themselves when gta6 drops

It's a sales thread, keep this alt right nonsense out of it.

Stop quoting and engaging
Especially with phrases like alt right, that only lead to more of topic post like mine ;)

TakeTwo will release its earings report in 3 days. We should get an update on GTAV sales then
If anything, the game seems ro rather snowball and increase its pace, than show any sign of slowing down

I truly wonder if any game will ever come close to matching what GTAV has done. Over 75 million copies sold and it's still $60 more often than not.

Freakish performance. I'm not sure the inevitable GTAVI will even match it

Top Bottom