• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

silva1991

And done. This fight is something else. Now, where is my cheese at? Not going to play 'fair' anymore.

edit.
Wait, I thought I did all the missions but the bar under last region isn't full. What gives?

Bit too messy for my taste but I can get why people like it.

I can only imagine the dodge button mashing around 6:27 haha

GG btw.

Just fuck the tongue demons. That is all. Thanks.

One is alright.

2 at the same time on the other hand....

Deku Tree

You need 2 (+9) to make 1 (+10)
4 (+8) to make 2 (+9)
8 (+7) to make 4 (+8)
16 (+6) to make 8 (+7)

and so on until you need 512 (+1) to make 256 (+2)

OMG that is crazy.

How many times do I have to beat T & H to grind up my weapon power to +10?

And what level of power do I have to be at to be able to one shot them with my Axe Tank build?

Silvard

Yeah easily hardest boss to no hit for the crusher title. What a pain, i get that it's spectacle fight but you're fighting against the camera and have to dodge a billion off-screen projectiles. Someone suggested shooting or using a bow but I didn't see any appreciable damage (maybe because of NG+) and it just leaves you too open to projectiles as you're standing still for too long. Also just ran out of arrows after a few attempts anyway. And the stupid flame breath during the second phase with t
wo heads
, shit is hard to dodge cos of the angle and camera most times. During my successful run I think RNG decided to give to me by having them not do it.

Ended up changing strategies after a good 30 attempts. First I was using the dual sword water sword technique to burst down the h
eads
but I found it left me too immobile and often got clipped by a stray projectile coming out of it. Switched to single katana and kept it simple with high/mid combos and with the odd morning moon thrown in.

Doing all the other bosses no hit was a lot of fun and great added challenge but
Orochi
was just tedious. Apart from that title I had a lot of fun getting the titles overall though. Such a brilliant game.

You have more patience than I do. I just popped LW after
bursting down the first 3 heads.
Did it on the first attempt.

Silvard

Wait, does getting hit in living weapon not count as getting hit?

Yes, it does not.

OMG that is crazy.

How many times do I have to beat T & H to grind up my weapon power to +10?

And what level of power do I have to be at to be able to one shot them with my Axe Tank build?

On average you get at least a +5 or +4 weapon per run, assuming your have decent luck (both in game and out), so between 64 and 32 runs. Probably less because there's a chance of getting multiple weapon drops and up to a +7 weapon, which severely cuts down farming time. It's not as bad as it seems, I personally have 3 +10 weapons and I am planning on making at least 3 more.

Sanctuary

Probably already been mentioned, but I'm not going to reread this entire thread to check.

If you're having problems rerolling a specific mod on your weapon (meaning, you keep seeing the exact same mods over and over, even when using Divine Fragments), you always will. If you only reroll that slot.

Simply reroll any other slot once, and the one you were having issues with should have generated a new list. A list that would have previously never changed. This isn't the same thing either as simply not being able to get a particular mod because one from the same "type" is already on the weapon in a different mod slot either.

Basically, each slot on a weapon seems to have a predefined list that will forever remain static if you are only ever rerolling that slot and only that slot, but each time you roll one slot, the lists for all the rest change from what they started with.

Pompadour

I need to beat last dojo mission for dual swords to get last sub-mission? Thats really dumb.

How many times it is feasible to respec? I understood the price for the books go up everytime you buy them.

Leveling up the swords, or any weapon, takes maybe 2-3 NG+ missions of work.

And you can respec "cheaply" maybe 7-10 times. The book doesn't get expensive until you buy maybe 5 and the Hidden Teahouse sells it for glory. Plus, you get a few just by doing missions.

On an unrelated note, are the Twilight Missions the same for everyone? I think I have one to go and I'd like to see what day in the week it'll pop up.

Trakan

Probably already been mentioned, but I'm not going to reread this entire thread to check.

If you're having problems rerolling a specific mod on your weapon (meaning, you keep seeing the exact same mods over and over, even when using Divine Fragments), you always will. If you only reroll that slot.

Simply reroll any other slot once, and the one you were having issues with should have generated a new list. A list that would have previously never changed. This isn't the same thing either as simply not being able to get a particular mod because one from the same "type" is already on the weapon in a different mod slot either.

Basically, each slot on a weapon seems to have a predefined list that will forever remain static if you are only ever rerolling that slot and only that slot, but each time you roll one slot, the lists for all the rest change from what they started with.

I have definitely noticed this, even re-rolling all available slots every time. I'll always get the same mods. So what you're saying is it's better to re-roll 1 slot and change it up each time?

Sanctuary

I have definitely noticed this, even re-rolling all available slots every time. I'll always get the same mods. So what you're saying is it's better to re-roll 1 slot and change it up each time?

The way I would get mods to appear on slots that were frustrating me simply rerolling over and over would be rerolling multiple slots at once. It didn't dawn on me until today that what was most likely happening is what I described above, and I tested it out. It appears to be true.

I literally rerolled the same slot, and only that slot a thousand times.

I was trying to get Change to Attack (Body) to appear, but the only mods of that type that would show up were Change to Attack (Skill) B- and Change to Attack (Heart) A+. It absolutely would not ever produce any of the other stats. Similarly, all element types (including Paralysis) would appear but Poison and Earth.

After changing the slot above it once (doesn't seem to matter what slot you reroll either), after around ten rerolls of the initial slot, Change to Attack (Body) A+ appeared, and both Poison and Earth also appeared within a few rerolls.

Trakan

The way I would get mods to appear on slots that were frustrating me simply rerolling over and over would be rerolling multiple slots at once. It didn't dawn on me until today that what was most likely happening is what I described above, and I tested it out. It appears to be true.

I was trying to get Change to Attack (Body) to appear, but the only mods of that type that would show up were Change to Attack (Skill) B- and Change to Attack (Heart) A+. It absolutely would not ever produce any of the other stats. Similarly, all element types (including Paralysis) would appear but Poison and Earth.

After changing the slot above it once (doesn't seem to matter what slot you reroll either), after around ten rerolls of the initial slot, Change to Attack (Body) A+ appeared, and both Poison and Earth also appeared within a few rerolls.

Ridiculous. Why is it not pure RNG?

myco666

Leveling up the swords, or any weapon, takes maybe 2-3 NG+ missions of work.

And you can respec "cheaply" maybe 7-10 times. The book doesn't get expensive until you buy maybe 5 and the Hidden Teahouse sells it for glory. Plus, you get a few just by doing missions.

On an unrelated note, are the Twilight Missions the same for everyone? I think I have one to go and I'd like to see what day in the week it'll pop up.

Thats still a bunch work but that isn't the biggest problem. Problem is that in order to get that sub-mission I kinda need to respec. I have all my samurai points in kusarigama so dual swords would be at the starting condition meaning no kick, no dash ki pulse and no parry when using that weapon. While those are not mandatory the game does feel restricted when you don't have anything unlocked.

xuchu

Have you tested rolling a slot, then completing a mission and then rerolling the same slot. Some people have reported that it resets the predetermined special effects in each slot, however I'm not sure this is entirely true.

During the Beta of Nioh y found I sword that became my favorite but I haven't been able to find it on the full game even after finishing it. It's a sword with a purple blade and what I think it's prayer beads on the sword handle and sheath.

https://youtu.be/i2iGgaKP5DM

Jump at 2:30 on the video, it's the best look I got of the sword. Can someone tell me the name of it or if it even still in the game?

Ive just beaten the game. Here's my death count lol.
neqx2Jz.jpg
There's still time until Horizon, so I guess I'll wrap things up.

Ladies and gents, please help: I can't seem to figure out how to parry with dual swords. I have the skill activated and upgraded(the one that says parry L1 + triangle). Tried many times with lesser fiends, but cant seem to be able to figure it out. Tips?

To be fair, she is way easier than most bosses before here. It's an insult that she is after the
Ice Lady
or even
enma

Yeah but you should see the comments during LCT-

"This is bullshit! I can't do anything about that jump attack!"
"That slashing berserk move is impossible!"
"The grab is a one hit kill! How is that fair?!"

Paraphrasing but quite close. I'm also pretty sure she remained unchanged from the demo.

Is there a name for that staus effect? Trying to see if there is any gear that buffs dmg even more during that effect.

Just water debuff I guess.

Amneisac

I really love the game, I would say my biggest disappointment is the loot system. For a relatively casual player, who just kind of wants to play through the game, trying to understand the reforging systems and calculate which stats are most effective is kind of a lot of extra work when I'd rather just be playing the game.

As a result, I've been using the same purple sword since the first level, and I rarely find armor that's actually an upgrade. I think it'd be cool if drops were a little more valuable. I'm still not that far into the game, only beat the second boss and done the next 3 submissions after that, but I'm hoping the loot picks up a little bit.

Silvard

KorrZ

The difficulty of bosses dropped like a rock in the second half of the game so far.

Start of the game Onyroki - H Enma and Tachibana were responsible for half of my total deaths in the entire game so far.

Every other boss I've killed in ~3 tries with several first attempt finishes. I just beat
Okatsu
in my first attempt last night.

Not sure if I've just gotten that much better at the game or if it's a gear thing. I've generally been several levels below the mission level though.

KodaRuss

The difficulty of bosses dropped like a rock in the second half of the game so far.

Start of the game Onyroki - H Enma and Tachibana were responsible for half of my total deaths in the entire game so far.

Every other boss I've killed in ~3 tries with several first attempt finishes. I just beat
Okatsu

Not sure if I've just gotten that much better at the game or if it's a gear thing. I've generally been several levels below the mission level though.

I hit a bit of a brickwall after that fight fyi. I am pretty underleveled right now but I just have bad luck with Fire.

myco666

Okatsu

You've just gotten better. There are only handful of bosses that I didn't have death counter go into double digits. And out of those that I beat in less than 10 tries the amount of that I beat first try are probably 2 or 3. So if you don't get better at the game as the game progresses you will keep struggling at every boss.

sh4mike

Is there any sort of farming technique for skill point hair locks? I've gotten a few randomly, but I'm lacking on ninja/onmyo points and am hoping there is an actual approach to getting them (other than Dex/Magic dumping).

I'm on NewGame+.

Okatsu

I mean your barely in the second half of the game, and the last two before O are suppose to be easy....this game has alot of those.
I dont really mind easy bosses in souls game, but there are so many here and the reason for two of them being so easy isnt made clear till late game.

Deku Tree

Is there any sort of farming technique for skill point hair locks? I've gotten a few randomly, but I'm lacking on ninja/onmyo points and am hoping there is an actual approach to getting them (other than Dex/Magic dumping).

I'm on NewGame+.

No points are locked. They are not RNG. No way to farm them.

However there are some in chests in missions. I think. Not sure if there is a list of those...

SephiZack

I was doing a video about reforging and save scumming.

Changing slot every time is not ideal because you might have perfect skills on all slots apart from one. So what you want to do is this:

- Backup your save
- Reforge the slot you want to change with all your divine fragments
- Don't like? Restore backup
- Reforge ONCE with spirit iron chunk, then reforge with all divine fragments
- Don't like? Restore backup
- Reforge TWICE with spirit iron chunk, then reforge with all divine fragments
- Repeat until you get the skill you want, each time increasing spirit iron chunks used by 1

Reforging with spirit iron chunk changes the sequence of skill you get from using divine fragments and vice versa

N° 2048

I'm going to have to force myself to stop playing this game now that I'm at NG+. At least until DLC drops...

All this farming/grinding/loot/stat based stuff is giving me anxiety. I'm doing the same stuff over and over again and for what? I have no idea. It doesn't give me a sense of progression yet I still want to keep going.

This is why I stopped playing games like Diablo and Destiny.

I think 90 hours put into the game is good for now.

Pejo

Man, that level with dual Birdo Tengus and On
yroki
is no joke. The Tengu were the bottleneck for sure though. Relentless with the wind magic stuff.

I feel that most of the weapons without elements on them are totally useless. I almost never go for an element-less weapon, for the debuff and the extra damage. Shame that elements aren't just selectable at the forge when you hit a certain point in the game.

tariniel

Hey guys, can anyone tell me how far through the game I am?

I'm currently at the stage: The Defiled Castle.
There was a boss that I defeated simply by killing 3 large purple crystals. Seems they are under influence or some such. I made it to another boss door last night before bed.
I felt kind of cheap beating the boss that way, but the great thing about this game is I can always go fight it again.

Also, it feels like Heaven Flash on Sword light stance is crazy overpowered, but then again I pretty much only use sword light stance unless I'm parrying. Is it actually as good as I think it is?

Sanctuary

Welp, there's 1.5 hours of Yasakani Magatama farming done. Nothing to show for it.

Gotta head to class now. Bluh.

Do you know about the two tricks that drastically cut down the time it takes to farm? 3x faster and more? If not:

Don't rest at the shrine when you first enter. Once you loot the corpse, if the Yasakani does not pop, go rest at the shrine. If it does not pop again, loot the other item that dropped and rest at the shrine.
You can roll through the wall right next to the door of the room, instead of having to run upstairs (although it took me about as long to do either).

Deku Tree

So reforging is not exactly RNG? So you have to change a step when you save scum in order to get a different result?

I wonder if anyone will figure out their algorithm...

KorrZ

I mean your barely in the second half of the game, and the last two before O are suppose to be easy....this game has alot of those.
I dont really mind easy bosses in souls game, but there are so many here and the reason for two of them being so easy isnt made clear till late game.

Not complaining at all, I don't mind the easier bosses! Just something I've noticed. Interesting to hear that there is a reason for some of the bosses being easier? That's intriguing.

just finished the game clocking at 38hrs... not bad

I always try to answer who is the hardest boss in the game after completing a souls game but this time with Nioh... no one really stood out... maybe I'm just forgetting it.

Mitsunari and Saika Magoichi
very tense battles but other than that nothing comes to mind. So Gaf, who is the toughest of them all??

Ogawa-san

This is pretty neat, I started a new game and found the hidden teashop unlocked from start. Turns out that your ranking, glory, transformations purchased and your choice of clan (with its perks) are account-bound and so shared across all saves.

Is switching to a clan with +life or something to make that SL1 easier cheating?

IbukiLordSA

Okatsu

Sadly it continues like that for the rest of the game, I don't remember dying to any boss in main missions after Yuki and that was about it.

Hell even Two Kings and The shore only took 3 and 2 tries respectively. Those were the hardest it got after the 3rd region. End game is a cake walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom