• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's true, it's damn true - CTE-riddled Kurt Angle returns to wrestling for TLC

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwetlc/art...e-roman-reigns-at-wwe-tlc-aj-styles-the-demon

Due to medical issues impacting two WWE Superstars scheduled to appear at WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs, streaming live on WWE Network this Sunday, the special event will now feature Kurt Angle competing in a WWE ring for the first time in more than 11 years, as he replaces Roman Reigns. In addition, former WWE Champion AJ Styles will replace Bray Wyatt and face “The Demon” Finn Bálor.

A WWE Hall of Famer and the current General Manager of Raw, Angle will join forces with Raw Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose to battle the daunting combination of Braun Strowman, Intercontinental Champion The Miz, Cesaro, Sheamus and The Big Red Machine Kane in a Tables, Ladders & Chairs 5-on-3 Handicap Match.

The showdown between “The Demon” and Styles is one that the WWE Universe has been wanting for a long time and promises to be one of the most exciting matches of 2017.

Check back with WWE.com as more information becomes available. Don’t miss a moment of WWE TLC, streaming live on WWE Network, this Sunday at 8 ET/5 PT.

giphy.gif

Farsi

I just read up that this is some 10 way tag team match? This is probably the safest way to bring him back. Let him do a couple angle slams, an ankle lock here or there just for the fans. The reactions will be great.

*Edit well shit looks like it's a TLC handicap match. Oh boy this isn't safe.

kirblar

Oh wow, Roman got hit by the Viral Meningitis too?

I wonder if they're going to be cross-branding stuff for a bit to help Raw's roster out for the next few weeks.

Bizarre way to have this return happen, but I'm glad they're making an extra effort to make sure the fans get a good show.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh wow, Roman got hit by the Viral Meningitis too?

I wonder if they're going to be cross-branding stuff for a bit to help Raw's roster out for the next few weeks.

Bizarre way to have this return happen, but I'm glad they're making an extra effort to make sure the fans get a good show.
They are doing that for Survivor Series. They're doing Jinder v. Brock for it.

Ithil

And they're doing the two former Bullet Club leads against each other with no build? This stuff seems wasted on TLC.

I don't think they've ever faced each other, in fact. So this first time ever match is a replacement exhibition match for one where Finn was going to fight a nun while dressed as a pumpkin.

jwhit28

Just giving away Balor vs AJ with little build up feels like such a waste on WWE's part. I'm happy as a customer. Of course just as I start enjoying Reigns he has to go away.

Not related but Jim Ross is on Sports Nation on ESPN right now pimpin NJPW.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is there an actual reason they'd spoil this in advance other than ticket sales? Seems like the worst kind of short term thinking honestly

kirblar

What happened to Roman?
Bray and Bo are out w/ Viral Meningitis and quarantined at home because of it. Presumably he picked it up too.

Everyone on the roster's going to be getting a booster for it.
Is there an actual reason they'd spoil this in advance other than ticket sales? Seems like the worst kind of short term thinking honestly
To make sure fans show up/purchase the event/etc. Rumors had been swirling that a lot of people were sick and contagious.

The Undertaker never dressed as a ghost woman with special voice effects added

No he dressed as an 19th century Old West undertaker who was also a zombie controlled by an urn.

And battled such enemies as a Sasquatch, large African cannibal, a Voodoo priest, and a Viking warrior.

Of course the WWE AJ/Finn match up would result from a missing Bray Wyatt and AJ being thrown into the match. sighhhhh

There better be some shenanigans from good brothers Gallows and Anderson or I riot.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I don't want to see Kurt Angle die

Top Bottom