• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siglemic live streams his attempt of breaking SM64 WR [NEW WORLD RECORD 1:47:10'9]

Jokab

Just tuned in, was that the only trick he botched completely several times or did he fail at the sub this time too?

This stream is just reminding me why Super Mario 64 is my favorite Nintendo game. It still has my favorite controls of any 3D platformer. Dat long jump, side somersault and wall kick.

This guy is destroying the game. He just got 2 stars in less than 10 seconds. Swag.

deleted

Thats really impressive. I'm at home for Christmas and can only watch the stream stuttering with 240p (really bad internet here), but he managed to keep me watching for the last 15 minutes.

edit: the wall jumping right now just blew my mind.

Nose Master

Just said in stream chat he's made too many mistakes (he types during star CS, or just relays it to someone I assume), but if he plays really well he could still take it. I'd assume a reset is coming soon if he fucks up much more.

wow that last 100 coins thing in the water level was insane! :O:O

[edit] WTF at getting the red coins that speed :|

this guy is really really really good at SM64 :p.

Jokab

Just said in stream chat he's made too many mistakes (he types during star CS, or just relays it to someone I assume), but if he plays really well he could still take it. I'd assume a reset is coming soon if he fucks up much more.
Actually he just types during the cutscenes yes. He's said numerous times that he reads the stream chat while playing boring parts such as swimming or easy jumps and then responds when he has time. One time yesterday he was writing with one hand and swimming with the other.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
If he has to reset will he do it from start or from a save-spot/file?

Seriously those coin runs are the most insane thing I have seen in a long time from someone playing a video game.
HOLY SHIT those go by so quickly and all so perfect :O.

Articalys

If I'm reading things right, the current WR holder actually managed to improve his time by a minute while this guy was in the middle of his marathon, thus raising the bar even further? That's insane.

Top Bottom