• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 - 60 fps Trailer

ant1532

Banned
once this and pikmin 3 are available, its going to be very hard for me not to buy a wii u. this shit looks incredible, the town is so earthbound too.

Now you got this thought into my mind, it HAS to be a day one demo.

Wonderful 100 is a launch window game, right?

Nintendo has been accused of pushing games that are ready for later to spread out the titles a bit to avoid droughts. Hopefully they are smart about demos at launch to keep people wanting

December/January are the only acceptable time for this game to me or it will get hurt by Pikmin or Monster Hunter

AniHawk

This game was very fun at NYCC, it is one of the few Wii U games I'm currently really anticipating

Bayonetta 2
The Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3

Seems Platinum is Wii U savior ;)

rayman, man.

i like kamiya, but the guy only shines for me when he's making 3d action games. wonderful 101 could still win me over, but it looks too much like viewtiful joe for my tastes.

Terrell

once this and pikmin 3 are available, its going to be very hard for me not to buy a wii u. this shit looks incredible, the town is so earthbound too.

Did you pre-order? There may be a chance that it will be very hard for you to FIND a Wii U.

MicH

I absolutely love the art style of this game - and holy fuck an amazing trailer. This game truly looks stunning and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

ASIS

I swear to god that I hear toon link every single time I see this game.

Is Nintendo helping with the assets or something?

Duffyside

Banned
Kamiya and Platinum are the best the industry has to offer, and we are lucky to have them. Next time a Kamiya game is announced, I'm not even going to look at a screenshot or click on a thread for info. He never misses.

Sgblues

Man this is awesome, but kinda makes me sad that you can't as a developer take an IP you created when you leave a company, this is what a true viewtiful joe 2 might have been like but oh well.

Keep rocking on Kamiya!

Medalion

Banned
Really? I imagine the basic will be easy to find if you're taking the day one, camp out approach. Seems like retailers are bundling the deluxe into preorder bundles.

I sometimes forget sarcasm doesn't translate as well online.

This was the common idea for when before the Wii launched... because GAFfers could not for the life of them believing anyone would want the Wii cuz it was so behind the tech curve at launch

It looks cool... not sure if I'll like the game but it definitely has my attention.

Looks much better than the E3 screenshots that looked ugly as fucking sin.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can't tell the difference between this and a PS2 game, besides the frame rate is about 1 every ten seconds.

Downloads instead of using shitty Quicktime plug-in.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

Gbraga

Absolutely amazing.

Game of the year material right there.

I may not wait for Bayo 2 to buy the WiiU after all

NickMitch

Soo smooth....I have to get a cloth to wipe up all that drool that suddenly emerged and escaped out of mouth. Also my eyes are red of all the tears that fell for the visions i beheld....

Chamber

love on your sleeve

This was the common idea for when before the Wii launched... because GAFfers could not for the life of them believing anyone would want the Wii cuz it was so behind the tech curve at launch

Sheeit. My detector must be broken. I'm usually good at this, I swear.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Hilariously enough I only had to wait in line for an hour and a half for a Wii on launch day. I got the very last one at my local Target.

beril

dat sexy sexy sixty frames per second <3

download it and play with vlc or any decent player

+1

Yeah, I didn't see anything "next gen" about it either, which makes me more likely to believe it will be locked at 60fps.

Shader wise, no, there's nothing particularly impressive. Geometry wise though it looks very impressive. Though there's not really any good comparisons on other platforms with similar artstyle/perspective.

Amir0x

Banned
rayman, man.

i like kamiya, but the guy only shines for me when he's making 3d action games. wonderful 101 could still win me over, but it looks too much like viewtiful joe for my tastes.

I forgot about Rayman. Yeah that's on the list.

It's such bullshit that Platinum ever caught heat for trying to create a different type of action game. This looks better than most of the crap I've seen this gen, and next gen stuff will have a high mark to reach if this delivers how it's seeming shaping up to. It really is viewtiful, as stated earlier.

A lot of it is playing as the little aid character if you don't have friends to play with.

20%. All optional levels.

It's such bullshit that Platinum ever caught heat for trying to create a different type of action game. This looks better than most of the crap I've seen this gen, and next gen stuff will have a high mark to reach if this delivers how it's seeming shaping up to. It really is viewtiful, as stated earlier.

Holy crap this is by far the kiddiest offering Nintendo has ever had.

Nintendo is seriously misjudging the marketing, they are screwed....

Looks uhhh...not good.

HAHAhahaha

That looks fun, but please let it not be what Kamiya's working on.

So that seems to confirm it: Wii U as powerful as Wii.

I hope this shit is a joke.

Yawn.

Platinum Games probably only has their D team working on this. :lol

Sorry, hard to get excited when there's Metal Gear Rising, Anarchy Reigns and whatever Kamiya is working on involved.

Its awful holy shit. You get Platinum Games and make them do this?

LMAO. Its horrible. Not even Platinum Games takes Wii U seriously.

High res Gamecube game.

Get the fuck out of here Nintendo.

Hoping this isn't what Kamiya's working on. It looks like it'll be fun, but he can do better than this (and deserves a better budget).

looks like a $5 app I'd get on ipad.

For the ages.

More here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38754868&postcount=1635

Top Bottom