• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

I need to get a spare Wii U Pro pad soon. It's already unavailable in all Polish stores, luckily Amazon still has some in stock.
There's loads of these on our regional eBay, but I'm hearing cheap Chinese knock-offs (which have terrible build quality and don't work with Mayflash adapter) are prevalent there... :\

Pity Switch Pro pad is such a downgrade. :(

Unai

I need a Windows 10 key for my laptop. Where can I find cheap options nowadays? Also, are windows keys region-free?

Lain

Holy shit. I didn't know these existed, but having watched both animes, I think it's pretty cool.
The price, though. I can buy lots of games for this price. Da heck is wrong with them?!

The pricing is like hat because they only sell sets on PC instead of selling the costumes by themselves.

Hektor

How does GAF feel about plain and average looking blonde actresses with unpronounceable Irish names?

I don't want JaseC to hurt me

It's still a ridiculous price for a couple of costumes.

Main reason we're never getting a steamport of DOAX3 is because of #entitledgamers unlocking all the bikinis, buttsize portions and sunoils with cheatenginge instead of paying Koei Tecmos fair and reasonable prices.

Damn pirates, i hope they unport their past games from steam to spite you!!!

Lain

It's still a ridiculous price for a couple of costumes.

I wouldn't pay 39.99€ for a pack of... 16 costumes? myself, but to me the true ridiculous thing is them only selling packs on PC. You can buy single costumes for what, 3$ on console?

Eila

Lol for some reason I keep getting bombarded by friend requests from bot accounts since yesterday evening. One every once in a while is normal but this person is clearly fixated in my account, for some reason.

kionedrik

I guess I could use some recommendations.

I've been doing some backlog clearing and started playing Valhalla Hills. The game itself felt like a let down possibly because the whole economic and supply chain simulation is a mess. It has some neat systems but none of them feels cohesive and completely implemented, it feels like an ensemble of half-baked ideas. However it's clear what the developers were trying to do, emulate The Settlers, or at least that's what I kept thinking about while playing that game.
So, is the any Settlers clones worth playing (besides Anno 1404 and, to some extent, Stronghold) or am I doomed to keep replaying The Settlers II till the end of time?

Kssio_Aug

I'm recently playing Doom, and my goood!! This game is really good!

I admit I was a bit intimidated by the lack of halth regen, but I'm glad I have decided to buy it anyway. Crazy action, great exploring, great upgrades, amazing weapons, crazy enemies, and a sleek gameplay. Probably the best shooter I play in quite a while!

Grief.exe

I guess I could use some recommendations.

I've been doing some backlog clearing and started playing Valhalla Hills. The game itself felt like a let down possibly because the whole economic and supply chain simulation is a mess. It has some neat systems but none of them feels cohesive and completely implemented, it feels like an ensemble of half-baked ideas. However it's clear what the developers were trying to do, emulate The Settlers, or at least that's what I kept thinking about while playing that game.
So, is the any Settlers clones worth playing (besides Anno 1404 and, to some extent, Stronghold) or am I doomed to keep replaying The Settlers II till the end of time?

Would Banished be close enough?

Tizoc

6A34FCF9E34E946B297516DC3939CD233468D5F3
Famitsu staff get to eat another day.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-E31457611075C78E - Taken by Camel Master. 17 entrants total.

t1496103085z1.png

My local Steam gifts resellers are closing their businesses one after another..

It's totally heartbreaking. Thanks to them, our folks are moving away from piracy.

DasFool

Hollow Knight is so fucking amazing holy shit. Hollow Knight HOLLOW KNIGHT. The fight with the Mantis Lords was incredible; had to calm myself down afterwards because of how intense it got.

If you don't have this game, do yourself a favor and buy it. Easily one of the top games this year.

Nzyme32

Hollow Knight is so fucking amazing holy shit. Hollow Knight HOLLOW KNIGHT. The fight with the Mantis Lords was incredible; had to calm myself down afterwards because of how intense it got.

If you don't have this game, do yourself a favor and buy it. Easily one of the top games this year.

As I've said countless times now - you in for a treat. Definite GOTY contender already. My thread on the matter speaks volumes about my own thoughts and the unwillingness of some to even accept the possibility of someone feeling so strongly about it (having never really felt compelled to talk in such terms for any game previously).

Totally blown away by it as a huge Super Metroid / Metroidvania fan in general. There's so much to love about the game. I especially love the work of Christopher Larkin, who composed the soundtrack and sound design for the game.

Just enjoy it while it lasts. I would love to experience the whole thing again. Keep us posted on your progress. There's many a mystery and ways to progress. My suspicion is that there will also be some additional content in future.

Now here's a name I haven't heard in many, many years... Project IGI: We're Going In is in development

I'm getting my ass kicked with an optional boss fight in the Ringed City DLC. Which is pretty good by the way. Nice and long with new types of enemies and some shit that just feels unfair (until you clear it).

Man IGI was so many years ago. Still remember all those towers I'd climb, scope out the area and slide down cables to get into areas. It was a fun game. Could do well with some steps forward.

Grief.exe

Never thought about it. I'll just wishlist for now and wait till the summer sale to see if it gets a deep enough discount. Thanks.

It's one of my favorite city builders and it has some similarities to Settlers in how your villagers interact with the town.

As I've said countless times now - you in for a treat. Definite GOTY contender already. My thread on the matter speaks volumes about my own thoughts and the unwillingness of some to even accept the possibility of someone feeling so strongly about it (having never really felt compelled to talk in such terms for any game previously).

Totally blown away by it as a huge Super Metroid / Metroidvania fan in general. There's so much to love about the game. I especially love the work of Christopher Larkin, who composed the soundtrack and sound design for the game.

Just enjoy it while it lasts. I would love to experience the whole thing again. Keep us posted on your progress. There's many a mystery and ways to progress. My suspicion is that there will also be some additional content in future.

Hype! Looking forward to this one.

Tizoc

Hollow Knight was not for me, I get the praise and it deserves it, but I would get frustrated in various sections.
It's not a game for everyone but if it wins you over, then you're in for a treat.
I was a backer XP

hohoXD123

Dark Souls 3 is annoying me so much. I can't load it up in fullscreen mode, and if I switch to fullscreen then I have to change it back to windowed mode before I exit every time. Borderless windowed doesn't seem to work either.

Also, there was this game I was planning to check out which came out recently but forgot the name. It had Gone Home vibes and you explore how each member of a family was killed I think?

Aaron D.

Hollow Knight was not for me, I get the praise and it deserves it, but I would get frustrated in various sections.

This was my exact same experience with Dead Cells.

I played about 90 min. and refunded it.

In the end it felt a bit too grindy & twitchy for my old-man gameplay style.

But the production is flat out AMAZING from top to bottom.

Just wish it were slower-paced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom