• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
I don't think I could wait, but I also wouldn't want to spoil it for myself, THIS IS THE END BRO, YOU MUST NOT SPOIL IT FOR YOURSELF. I have faith in you.
No, stay out of this thread. Don't have AMC on at any point between that time. Stay off Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram.

It's easy to get spoiled if it's just a "normal" episode. If something crazy happens, the internet will go berserk. The only way to avoid spoilers is to stay off social media or have zero context for the show.
Breaking Bad episodes air in EST 9:00 PM Sunday evening, which is 11:00 AM Monday morning here, when I'm at work.

I think it'd be in my best interest to leave my phone at home on Mondays starting tomorrow to avoid the temptation to check Twitter, GAF, anything during that time. Total blackout until I can come home and watch it.
Yeah, I think I'm going to go on a one-day social blackout until I finally get the chance to sit down and watch the episode. One good thing is that people at work either don't watch Breaking Bad or, shockingly, have never even heard of it. I'll just log out of Facebook and Twitter and make sure I avoid this thread at all costs - and possibly the BritGAF thread, as we love a good chat about Br Ba as much as the next person.

Welcome to the life of any British person.
I am a British person but I'm on early shift tomorrow until 2:30pm so I won't have time to watch it in the morning or in the afternoon on the commute home. The earliest I'll be able to watch is 6pm. Eep.

inm8num2

The limit is 20k posts, right? If so, I think we'll be good through tonight's airing.

But yea, we'll have a thread for the last 3-4 episodes. Then the post-finale thread will surely be alive for months to come.

Anustart

The limit is 20k posts, right? If so, I think we'll be good through tonight's airing.

But yea, we'll have a thread for the last 3-4 episodes. Then the post-finale thread will surely be alive for months to come.

Depends on how many people feel the need to post "OHHHHHH FUCK" and "HOOOOOOOLY SHIT!".

CassSept

I'm pretty confident we will need another thread after the finale

never understood the reason to post while the episode is still on

Neither do I, though then I remember that during E3 conferences I vent my excitement (or disappointment) all the time on GAF so I guess it is understandable.

And it makes for some hilarious readings in the future.

inm8num2

Depends on how many people feel the need to post "OHHHHHH FUCK" and "HOOOOOOOLY SHIT!".

I sometimes like to quickly browse the sections of the thread from when the episode airs, just to see the reactions at moments like that. It's actually hilarious.

Symphonia

Banned
I'm pretty confident we will need another thread after the finale.
I personally think an entirely new thread should be created specifically for the finale. I mean, let's face it, this is a pretty momentous moment in television history, there's no denying it. All the media and magazines are labeling it as one of the biggest finales ever so it's only right we honor that fact and create a new thread purely for discussion on the final episode.

inm8num2

I agree, but the timing is a little better if we switch over now rather than at some arbitrary time next week when conversation is in full flow.

8lcJw.gif

Bricky

Shit's going down today people, we all know it.

My body is ready.

E: Oh snap, a review leaked early? ABANDON INTERNET.

(Allright, I trust GAF to not spoil anything, but that's it)

Quidam

Wait, tonight's episode is a big one? I won't be able to watch it until Monday evening, so this could cause...problems!

Yeah I figure they're all huge episodes tonight but I have an inkling that todays big episode will be semi-setup for the HUGEEEE one next week. Just going by episode titles, director of the next episode, and also the teasers before the second half started.

Quidam

They're all big at this point.

Agreed. But, while I'm by no means complaining (I've loved the second half of season 5 so far), we haven't quite reached the heights of "oh shit wtf"-ness that I expected yet. I realise this sounds ridiculous given we got a Hank/Walt confrontation, the confession, Jesse finding out about Brock, nearly burning down the White residence, confessing everything to Hank, and Walt ordering a hit on Jesse, but still...

Yeah I figure they're all huge episodes tonight but I have an inkling that todays big episode will be semi-setup for the HUGEEEE one next week. Just going by episode titles, director of the next episode, and also the teasers before the second half started.

At the end of each episode so far I've thought "okay, that was amazing, and it seems to be setting up something even bigger for next week". Here's hoping this week is 'that week' that I've been waiting for!

I've been thinking more about Skyler's arc throughout the show and I think it might be my favourite on the show after Walter's. I think the writer's did an incredible job of getting her to where she was at the beginning of the show to where she is today as they very slowly plucked her morals from her. In the beginning, she is almost completely law abiding as she reacts incredibly negatively to Marie's stealing ("People sometimes do things for their ffamilies...and what, that justifies stealing!? Wow, that must have been some sweat lodge. Are you even listening to the words coming out of your mouth?"), her first 'real' encounter with illegal activity in the show (Walter smoking marijuana had a negative reaction too but she didn't react too harshly as she herself had tried it [but in college sp seemingly she isn't overly concerned with its legality]). Slowly the writers push more and more illegal activities upon her and gradually begins to give into them; cooking the books for Beneke, a season later lying to Marie and accepting Walter's blood money, taking an active role in laundering the money in the car wash, sending Saul's men to coerce Beneke, and all of it culminating with her order for the murder of Jesse (unless she actually murders somebody herself in one of the next few episodes).

Of course there is the significant emotional turmoil she's undergone throughout and the changing of the situation she finds herself in but I must admit her 'breaking bad' (and how she deals with it) is something I find incredibly compelling.

EDIT:
Agreed. But, while I'm by no means complaining (I've loved the second half of season 5 so far), we haven't quite reached the heights of "oh shit wtf"-ness that I expected yet.

At the end of each episode so far I've thought "okay, that was amazing, and it seems to be setting up something even bigger for next week". Here's hoping this week is 'that week' that I've been waiting for!
The tagged item is relating to the episode name for 14 only, no 'actual' spoilers.

We are definitely on the verge of "oh shit" right now.
With episode 14 being named "Ozymandias", that episode is undoubtedly going to be either the climax of the show, or the fallout from the climax of the show. Either way, this episode and/or the next is going to be incredibly significant and something/s massive is/are undoubtedly looming. If this episode does not contain something large, it will almost certainly be in Ozymandias.

EDIT 2: Wait a review went out!? Probably time to make use of Haji's Quick Vanish to remain unspoiled. Hopefully there's nothing too big (and hopefully nobody decides to seek a sadistic glee by posting anything related to it here)

Agreed. But, while I'm by no means complaining (I've loved the second half of season 5 so far), we haven't quite reached the heights of "oh shit wtf"-ness that I expected yet. I realise this sounds ridiculous given we got a Hank/Walt confrontation, the confession, Jesse finding out about Brock, nearly burning down the White residence, confessing everything to Hank, and Walt ordering a hit on Jesse, but still...
Heh, fair enough. I suppose when one of the main cast members gets clipped, that'll raise the stakes even more.

They're all big at this point.

Which is why someone should PM the mods to get this sucker closed up and get that new one going before tonight's episode, like you said.

I have a feeling that the new thread title might not fit the topic name character limit:
Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2.5 - The Final Four Episodes - Sundays on AMC

Which is why someone should PM the mods to get this sucker closed up and get that new one going before tonight's episode, like you said.
Working on it right now.
I have a feeling that the new thread title might not fit the topic name character limit. Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2.5 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC
I've always been one for clever, creative thread titles. :p

ezekial45

Banned
I think it would be cool to have a fresh thread for the final episode. I think we'll hit 20K by then, but I feel it'd be really rad to have a thread just for the last episode. It'll be a good way to send out the BB OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom