• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Square Enix Party 2007 Thread

Tabris

Eteric Rice said:
Leave VI alone.

LEAVE THE MASTERPIECE ALONE! >=|

I agree but I rather have a remake if it was being done like the CG above (very close to Amano art) on PS3 than some SD crap on DS.

Tabris said:
I agree but I rather have a remake if it was being done like the CG above (very close to Amano art) on PS3 than some SD crap on DS.
platform matters more than game quality didnt you get the memo

Krowley

I could sort of understand why someone wouldn't want to give out their gamertag.... Isn't that private information? I'm not sure if there is anything nefarious that could be done with it, but i see no reason why someone should be asked to reveal private info in order to prove credentials on GAF...

If I was in the same situation, I would tell everybody to F*** off, just on principle,

StevieP

Banned
Tabris said:

The DS can only do "SD crap", amirite? And how bout Square do less F'N remakes already!

StevieP

Banned
Kintaro said:
No can do. That's all people want.

The FF brand is/will be further diluted, as if it isn't already. God... if only Square had some talent left to do new IPs that aren't handed off to their shitty teams.

StevieP

Banned
Snaku said:
Fixed. Unfortunately, Squeenix has seen fit to remake everything else before they touch that game.

Frankly, I don't think they have the talent to remake VI or VII or even VIII properly on a current gen system (Wii/PS3/360), unless it's a simple 3D Matrix-ish remake on the DS.

Jacobi

Banned
StevieP said:
Frankly, I don't think they have the talent to remake VI or VII or even VIII properly on a current gen system (Wii/PS3/360), unless it's a simple 3D Matrix-ish remake on the DS.
the talent ???!?!?

Snaku said:
Fixed. Unfortunately, Squeenix has seen fit to remake everything else before they touch that game.

Unfortunate for the FFVII fanboys perhaps. Fortunate for those of us who want FF6, for instance, to get the treatment.

If FF6 is to be remade in the handheld space, and for Nintendo, hopefully the sequel to the DS will be ready to host it so it will get the treatment it deserves.

I'm hoping the CG will have more emotions than the Anthology clips though. The characters look too stoic.

Llyranor

Original FF6 sprites > CG from PSX version. Keep 3D crap away from it.

Please make original titles instead.

The only FF7-9 remakes that matter involve 2Dification of the titles.

Tabris

Llyranor said:
Original FF6 sprites > CG from PSX version. Keep 3D crap away from it.

Please make original titles instead.

The only FF7-9 remakes that matter involve 2Dification of the titles.

Actually, the true answer is Amano art > Original FF6 Sprites. Also why aren't you complaining about making FFIV 3D?

Llyranor

Amano art isn't 3D.

I don't need to complain about FFIV 3D because I already have the GBA version. It would suck just as much on PS3.

mabuza

Banned
duckroll said:
I dunno guys, FF1 PSP sold over 50k, and FFT PSP has sold over 100k. I think people do want ports. :(
also not everyone has played them before so its good. i've never played ffiv or ff1 and 2 as well as the star ocean games, so i'll be picking them all up

C.T.

neojubei said:
huh? I do? Well i was expressing an opinion. I also feel that i want the best from FF13 and being multi-platform isn't going to do that. Just as I had to buy an xbox 360 for exclusive titles so will everyone else have to buy a ps3 for FF13.

The logical conflict: your basing youre opinion on flushed out multiplattform games, think the ps3 is soo superior compared to 360. Disc space alone won't make a difference. What we have seen so far points to the opposite, cause multiplattform games tend to look better on 360. Sure, you could say that they didn't use the ps3 to its full potential or that the libraries are still inmature, but fact is its easier and faster to pull out good graFx on 360 while the addtional time (and costs) on ps3 might not even compensate with results. Then there is the userbase to consider...

Its like saying Gears of War would have been looked better, had it been released a year later...

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
C.T. said:
The logical conflict: your basing youre opinion on flushed out multiplattform games, think the ps3 is soo superior compared to 360. Disc space alone won't make a difference. What we have seen so far points to the opposite, cause multiplattform games tend to look better on 360. Sure, you could say that they didn't use the ps3 to its full potential or that the libraries are still inmature, but fact is its easier and faster to pull out good graFx on 360 while the addtional time (and costs) on ps3 might not even compensate with results. Then there is the userbase to consider...

Its like saying Gears of War would have been looked better, had it been released a year later...

dude, the reason is because most of those multi platform games were made with the 360 in mind then ported to PS3. Somehow the team behind oblivion took the time to make the game for the ps3, which is why it took longer looks better (a little), where as ubisoft is trying to do a straight port. I believe that FF13 should stick with the ps3 to bring out it's fullest potential. Would you want Gears of War watered down to be multi-platform? Also the userbase might grown especially when there is a FF game released for the ps3. FF7 help sell some Psones so it could work.

And for me, Final fantasy has always been able to push the limits of the ps2 and i would love to see what Square-enix can do on the ps3.

The PS1 and PS2 were a lot more affordable than the PS3 though. It wasn't nearly as much of a hassle to get either of those to get your FF fix. But $600? I'm not feeling that.

StevieP

Banned
cartman414 said:
The PS1 and PS2 were a lot more affordable than the PS3 though. It wasn't nearly as much of a hassle to get either of those to get your FF fix. But $600? I'm not feeling that.

Don't worry, by the time it comes out in 2009 or 10, the PS3 may be the same price that the 360 is today.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
cartman414 said:

You might not, but someone will, especially in Japan.

StevieP said:
Sarcasm aside, the PSP's a good example of Sony's recent strategy :D

So basically, no actual price drop for 2 years? Yeesh. I remember the Atari Lynx went down to $100 (originally $180-200) within that same amount of time. Sony not only needs to deflate their manufacturing costs for the PS3, but their ego as well from the looks of it.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
cartman414 said:
So basically, no actual price drop for 2 years? Yeesh. I remember the Atari Lynx went down to $100 (originally $180-200) within that same amount of time. Sony not only needs to deflate their manufacturing costs for the PS3, but their ego as well from the looks of it.

Considering how much money they are bleeding the last thing they desire is a price drop. I could see them doing an "PSP" and not budging on the price but start resorting to more bundles and add ons to keep the price up.

Eteric Rice

Hcoregamer00 said:
Considering how much money they are bleeding the last thing they desire is a price drop. I could see them doing an "PSP" and not budging on the price but start resorting to more bundles and add ons to keep the price up.

God help us if they bundle it with something like 50 cent bullet proof. :lol

Tiduz

Eurogaime
isnt the reason why ports are pretty bad because of the different memory management of the consoles? IMO when you look @ first party ps3 titles theres no excuse for developers to make such shitty ports, either dont port it or put some effort in it.

tnw

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
I'd settle for lesser on the Wii.

One of my favorite games.

I'd actually prefer that they just left it alone. :/

yeah, can you imagine FFVI Swords? That would be pretty fun actually.

I wish FF games looked like that still :( I just don't like the rot-of-japan Nomura aesthetic.

Tiduz said:
isnt the reason why ports are pretty bad because of the different memory management of the consoles? IMO when you look @ first party ps3 titles theres no excuse for developers to make such shitty ports, either dont port it or put some effort in it.

That sound so Wii-ish.:lol

Terrell

neojubei said:
I guess someone never been to Japan. I have and the stories I can tell you about Japanese guys in a certain place in Shinjuku......

anyways...

Where was i again.
If you're talking about Shinjuku Ni-chome, we can all be spared the stories, thanks.

Oldschool

h-103_71564_1.jpg.jpg

Will Crisis Core sells more than 750k (MHP2) in the first week?

Seems so.

Sharp

Oldschool said:
h-103_71564_1.jpg.jpg

Will Crisis Core sells more than 750k (MHP2) in the first week?

Seems so.
Using demand at an SE party as a gauge for overall Japanese interest is perhaps a little suspect.

Tabris said:
Well now you know how I feel about FFIV being remade :p

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ZATWJRB2A = what the FFIV remake should have looked like. This is exactly what I meant. AMANO STYLE!

...That'd odd. I thought they cut out Celes being chained to the wall in the PS1 version, or was that just in America? (I think she's just laying down, and doesn't get slapped.) Yet in the CG video, she's chained up.

Top Bottom