• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Thursday will hopefully be the last day of this cold nonsense.

Next Monday we're getting to zero and plus weather.

Victory! Seemed like a relatively average winter on the slightly colder side. I'm just glad it's almost over.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. Just another day on 'the better way'

Bus ahead of mine broke down so mine was crowded.
Subway mechanical problems on Kennedy.
SRT I don't know what happened but I'm packed in like a sardine in this thing.

Kraftwerk

Wow. Just another day on 'the better way'

Bus ahead of mine broke down so mine was crowded.
Subway mechanical problems on Kennedy.
SRT I don't know what happened but I'm packed in like a sardine in this thing.

And you want it to be +44 and humid while you are being a sardine. Blegh!

wz0z1zp.jpg

source

Hot Dog:
bnYUArm.jpg

Hot Dog Stand @ Bloor & Queen's Park

explodet

Oh, anyone who enjoyed Book for Mormon really should go see Cannibal the Musical. It's Trey Parker, and Matt Stone's first musical, and it's pretty great. It's only here for another week I think.
I wanted to go but couldn't justify the pricetag.

I'll just watch the movie again - which will cause me to occasionally replace "Spadina" with "Shpadoinkle".

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
UofT is hosting a conference for alternative medicine and shit about curing cancer with vitamins

The conference won the "50th legacy fund" the school was creating, but the person who started this conference is Beth Halpern, the wife of UofT Scarborough Dean, Rick Halpern so this looks extra suspicious. She is apparently a huge Anti-vaxxer and has literally gone around telling mothers to not vaccinate their kids.

Do classes resume as normal after the strike ends, or are we expected to self-study while we're off? I hope it's the latter and the strike lasts forever :D Boring profs and long commute make my life miserable.

Eleuin

Its getting too warm :/

Couldn't care less about skirts when I'm sweating too much to even gawk

No AC in the bus happens a lot even on the newer ones because the driver is fine with their small fan and thinks everyone else must be too.

explodet

ca8.jpg

It's only too warm because we're used to the temperature being -30C instead of 0C.
If we suddenly went from 0C to 30C we'd all spontaneously combust.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I can live with this weather, I'm not about that -25 life. This is much more of what a normal winter's day is like in Toronto. I'm all in favour of Spring and Autumn too. If only we could rid ourselves of June, July and August though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Its getting too warm :/

Couldn't care less about skirts when I'm sweating too much to even gawk

No AC in the bus happens a lot even on the newer ones because the driver is fine with their small fan and thinks everyone else must be too.

I hope your pipes also freeze and burst from the cold! >=[

I only remember one time a bus driver didn't turn on the AC. It was pretty bad but I argue it's rare.

Who doesn't gawk!?!? D:

I can live with this weather, I'm not about that -25 life. This is much more of what a normal winter's day is like in Toronto. I'm all in favour of Spring and Autumn too. If only we could rid ourselves of June, July and August though.
I wouldn't say this is an average winter day cause if it was, I wouldn't care. That -30 and up to -40 windchill can go to hell!

I want my warmth back so I can go drink on a patio!

Edit: also, SHUT UP AND CARRY ME YOU BUM! :0

I can't wait for warmer weather so shadowkat can get the next meet up going :)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I hope your pipes also freeze and burst from the cold! >=[

I only remember one time a bus driver didn't turn on the AC. It was pretty bad but I argue it's rare.

Who doesn't gawk!?!? D:

I wouldn't say this is an average winter day cause if it was, I wouldn't care. That -30 and up to -40 windchill can go to hell!

I want my warmth back so I can go drink on a patio!

The average for February is -4.5 (-12.6 this year). #teamwarm would have us believe it's constantly -20 every day between October and April though. But uh.. some members of #teamwinter, which I am not responsible for, would probably prefer that.

Edit: also, SHUT UP AND CARRY ME YOU BUM! :0

I'll be free tonight to carry your lazy ass! Quad, if you're reading this, you can be carried too.
If you haven't blown by me in HR yet.

whitehawk

Banned
That's so York. Even our interesting mysteries turn out to be duds. Now I'm just waiting for the strike so I can start banging my head against the wall for not choosing Ryerson instead a couple of years ago.
lol I turned down Ryerson a couple years ago too. why.jpg

Do classes resume as normal after the strike ends, or are we expected to self-study while we're off? I hope it's the latter and the strike lasts forever :D Boring profs and long commute make my life miserable.
I would keep studying and stay on top of it. Treat it like an extra reading week even though we don't know when it will end. It could end a month from now, or could end in a couple days.

zroid

Banned
freezing rain tomorrow? welp

not sure if this is #teamwarm's or #teamwinter's fault. maybe if you'd stop bickering, we could avoid freezing rain altogether.

Kraftwerk

I'm going to Ryerson next year for film studies. Going to intern at a film studio this year and work on my portrolo.

I already have one degreez and was.working towards a business degree, but said fuck it and just going to follow my dream.

I'll make sure.to shoutout #teamwinter when I win an Oscar.

whitehawk

Banned
I'm going to Ryerson next year for film studies. Going to intern at a film studio this year and work on my portrolo.

I already have one degreez and was.working towards a business degree, but said fuck it and just going to follow my dream.

Awesome Kraft. Always do what you want. I was at UofT out of high school studying generic crap and I hated it. Left and worked hard and study music at York now. York has it's bullshit but everything is better when you study something you enjoy.

freezing rain tomorrow? welp

not sure if this is #teamwarm's or #teamwinter's fault. maybe if you'd stop bickering, we could avoid freezing rain altogether.

It says freezing in the name.

One of my friends went to Chicago to study film. He seems to be doing very well for himself although I haven't caught up with him for a while.

Your first movie better take place entirely in winter.

Top Bottom