• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ducktales premiere date - Movie 8/12 + Series 9/23

Goodstyle

Somehow, the original series managed to be constantly engaging even with some down-time and reflective moments, with characters that weren't constantly hyper & yelling their lines, and crammed in full adventures within a 20 minute timeframe (after commercial breaks). I hope they steer more towards the original style in this regard, but I don't expect them to. It will be fun either way, but this will be the key difference that keeps the OT Duck Tales as GOAT to me.

Rewatch the original. This show blows it out of the water so badly that you'll be hard-pressed to go back. The kids especially are much better, I don't understand the takes that say they should go back to what they were before.

They were 3 incomprehensible, identically mischievous kids. Webby back then was also just intolerable. Looking back at that and going "yes, I want more of that in 2017 please" is baffling.

Boem

DuckTales 2017 |OT| Solve a mystery, or rewrite history

DuckTales 2017 |OT| Scrooge Who?

DuckTales 2017 |OT| From the Disney Afternoon to the moon

DuckTales 2017 |OT| Feat. The Terror that Flaps in the Night

DuckTales 2017 |OT| Where no Duck has gone before

DuckTales 2017 |OT| Tougher than the Toughies, Smarter than the Smarties

16203870111_5d02d8a85f.jpg

Boem

Was thinking of finding my own photos and just making a quick photo/description mashup but the DisneyXD Press Site has some great Cast and Crew profiles/photos that are too good not to use IMHO

I really like the formatting there, but it's funny to me how they list Doctor Who Confidential and Totally Doctor Who as Doctor Who spinoffs. I mean, the former was a making off thing for each episode, and the latter was a small, Blue Peter style short talkshow thing that aired after each episode (think "Talking Dead", but aimed at very young audiences), that's pretty much forgotten right now and only really featured him as a guest a couple of times. That's like counting the youtube Doctor Who Fanshow as a spinoff starring Capaldi because he gave them some interviews a couple of times. Also, he only had a very, very minor part in Scream of the Shalka (so small he wasn't even credited). This was some years before he was cast as the Doctor, that one starred Richard E Grant as the Doctor. It's weird to mention those 3 instead of The Sarah Jane Adventures: he was only in 2 episodes, but at least he actually had to act as the Doctor and it was an actual spinoff. I kinda feel like they just copied a wiki article for that one.

Buuut I'm being super pedantic and this doesn't have anything to do with Ducktales. The image itself is cool though!

Platy

Was thinking of finding my own photos and just making a quick photo/description mashup but the DisneyXD Press Site has some great Cast and Crew profiles/photos that are too good not to use IMHO

I was thinking of just the face and the character but htis works too xD

Or just photoshop Jim Rash and Lim Emmanuel Miranda here

AUzdJC8.png

Nohar

I'm getting excited. I have so many good memories from the old show, and I'm pleased by the direction taken by the new one. Maybe it won't be the best cartoon of the current generation, but it seems to be shaping itself into something very enjoyable.

... What in the "akwak" was that? Wuuh?!?

So my OT is done and ready to post, I just need to decide on what title to go with. I'm leaning toward Boem's "Tougher than the Toughies and Smarter than the Smarties" (it's a great line that even DisneyXD has mentioned its comic book origin in commercials) but anyone else got any ideas? Speak up now!

Psxphile

Friendly reminder that DuckTales is scheduled to premiere first at 7:30am, and then air again the following times all day tomorrow: 10:30am, 1:00pm, 5:30pm and 8:30pm EST. Also cautious reminder that sometimes Disney XD show episodes go up early on VOD streaming platforms like Disney XD's website, Spectrum and Xfinity apps. I'm talking 3AM in the morning early.

So my OT is done and ready to post, I just need to decide on what title to go with. I'm leaning toward Boem's "Tougher than the Toughies and Smarter than the Smarties" (it's a great line that even DisneyXD has mentioned its comic book origin in commercials) but anyone else got any ideas? Speak up now!

I like Richie's contribution:
Ducktales (2017) |OT| Might solve a mystery, or reboot history!
I get the urge to sing along just reading it. Plus it works "reboot" in there better than the other suggestions.

Top Bottom