• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Witcher 3 design doc has leaked, which contains spoilers for the ending

Well, The Witcher has books so anyone could spoil even further than that, no? I don't get how this could be bad themn
The books come before the games.
It does tell a lot about
Cirilla 'Ciri' Fiona Elen Riannon, heir to Cintra, inhereting time travelling super-sorceress powers from Elven mage Lara Dorren
foster parents
Geralt of Rivia and Yennefer of Vengerberg, and
her secret real father and Emperor
Emhyr var Emreis, Deithwen Addan yn Carn aep Morvudd

The most interesting thing are references to W4.
Even without reading the docs it's pretty easy to know who the main character of W4 will be.
It's Ciri
I look forward to playing as female MC. Also may be something for lesbian/bisexual gamers :p

Ciastek3214

The spoilers are meh. Most mention characters that we don't know anything about, and those we know about we could've figured out what would happen to them by now.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Just spent 15 minutes looking for the so said spoilers. Couldn't find anything beyond links to this thread or reddit.
I don't think we'll have to worry that much yet, well at least not as long as one doesn't visit any links that say "go here for Witcher 3 ending".

Just spent 15 minutes looking for the so said spoilers. Couldn't find anything beyond links to this thread or reddit.
I don't think we'll have to worry that much yet, well at least not as long as one doesn't visit any links that say "go here for Witcher 3 ending".

The leaks don't even contain the information to make a good spoiler link.

Fox318

Apparently someone on CD Projekt accidentally had their Google Drive files set to public and people got access to them.

iF7nC1FwvMdIe.gif

Shredderi

Damn. Must be extremely frustrating for CDPR. Really don't like the prospekt of being spoiled on some random comment section.

I don't get it, how can CDPR be harmed exactly? Would people seriously skip buying the game because they've read how it ends? @_@ That implies once a game is out nobody would buy it because wikipedia would have a plot synopsis and they'd better read that instead, for free!

The only harm I can see is people getting spoiled, which yes sucks, but it doesn't harm CDPR.

I don't get it, how can CDPR be harmed exactly? Would people seriously skip buying the game because they've read how it ends? @_@ That implies once a game is out nobody would buy it because wikipedia would have a plot synopsis and they'd better read that instead, for free!

The only harm I can see is people getting spoiled, which yes sucks, but it doesn't harm CDPR.

While I doubt that there would be even a minor effect, but you vastly underestimate people on here.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Holy jesus who on earth would store the entire design document for a multimillion franchise on a Google Drive, I don't even

Charcoal

Realistically, this could remain within the inner circles of gaming culture. It would be shitty if places like IGN, who have a huge audience, wrote up a story about it just for click bait.

Purkake4

Banned
Realistically, this could remain within the inner circles of gaming culture. It would be shitty if places like IGN, who have a huge audience, wrote up a story about it just for click bait.
What about writing up a story because it's news and that's their job?

raphier

Banned
Seems like it's getting swept under the rug on Reddit, would be nicer to address it and move on.

Because this leak is overly exaggerated. All of the contents are either removed or outdated and not very revealing, the ending in particular less so.

Purkake4

Banned
Because this leak is overly exaggerated. All of the contents are either removed or outdated and not very revealing, the ending in particular less so.
Oh? Didn't see anything about that being the case. The leak itself is the news, not the specific contents, it's not like a IGN-equivalent would post copyrighted material without permission anyway.

Well, at least there is like around 40 endings. So having people get killed isn't really a spoiler due to the decision branches and many variables.

Although it still sucks and it means I won't be reading any PM for the next ten months.

Imagine if this had happened for Mass Effect 3.

4gdW7VK.gif

Last time this happened that I can remember, it was for ME3. I remember reading the thread on GAF, accidentally spoiled it for myself thanks to the Wikipedia page and was like, "lol, no way it can be like that". And it was. And it was worse.

But yeah, best course of action is to avoid anything vaguely Witcher 3 related.

Last time this happened that I can remember, it was for ME3. I remember reading the thread on GAF, accidentally spoiled it for myself thanks to the Wikipedia page and was like, "lol, no way it can be like that". And it was. And it was worse.

But yeah, best course of action is to avoid anything vaguely Witcher 3 related.

Yea, I remember going on reddit when 4chan put it to the front page.

I was confused, then I read the comments and saw things like "Space kid" and all that junk. I didn't want to believe it, and even attempted to drink the memory out of my head. I was more pissed that I spoiled the ending to my (then) favorite series, regardless of how dumb it was.

Next morning I remembered that's not how blackouts work, and you still remember everything before you start drinking.

There's not enough there to really spoil anything. Important choices are to be made about a character that you already know is important. Boom I just spoiled the ending. Spoiler alert Mass effect ends with Shepard stopping the Reapers in some way. wowitsfuckingnothing.gif
If anything reading all this only hyped me more. I learned about several places we're going to visit that sound amazing.

Ceebs

The books come before the games.
It does tell a lot about
Cirilla 'Ciri' Fiona Elen Riannon, heir to Cintra, inhereting time travelling super-sorceress powers from Elven mage Lara Dorren
foster parents
Geralt of Rivia and Yennefer of Vengerberg, and
her secret real father and Emperor
Emhyr var Emreis, Deithwen Addan yn Carn aep Morvudd

I am gonna go out on a limb and say most of those reveals will be set up as big plot twists in the game for the non-book readers.

Tigress

I think a lot of people missed the post on page 2 or 3 that pointed out it apparently was not some one who forgot to put her google docs on private but some one who hacked into her stuff and claims he's going to try to do it for more games.

This was not a case of human error. This was a case of random asshole.

Actually, it was in this post:

4chan to the rescue.
I personally vouch for the download link. I opened and everything is fine and inside. I will not be spoiling myself but if others want to go ahead.

The download link for all the files is http://www21.zippyshare.com/d/400979...itcher 3.zip

And no it was not a "public" google drive leak, it was by hacking a developer named Dominika Gonsierowsk and collecting files from her email and google drive that was shared by other members of CDProjekt. I am working on more games right now and will provide something soon. I have read all the requests in the other thread.

boskee

Jesus Christ, now I am afraid to read anything related to the Witcher 3. I hope the employee whose account was hacked will not be terminated and the asshole who did that gets cancer. I am furious :/

Gilarabrywn

Neo Member
Somebody should rehost these files and send them to me in a private message. I am extremely curious just to see what the humbug is about.

Thanks.

Lucent

Woooow

EDIT: Looking through the monsters and opponents...umm...it's just so weird. The art associated with each of them is all over the place in terms of style. Why do one of them have
Venom
in there? Makes no sense. lol. A lot of this stuff looks like they just took pics from searches and were like "Yeah, I dunno, just place something there for now"

EDIT 2: Yeah I don't see a lot of spoiler-ish stuff in here. I mean, there probably is, but looks cumbersome to look through. So many excel style sheets on those pdfs. Not really sure where the ending spoiler would be.

Gilarabrywn

Neo Member
Woooow

EDIT: Looking through the monsters and opponents...umm...it's just so weird. The art associated with each of them is all over the place in terms of style. Why do one of them have
Venom
in there? Makes no sense. lol. A lot of this stuff looks like they just took pics from searches and were like "Yeah, I dunno, just place something there for now"

EDIT 2: Yeah I don't see a lot of spoiler-ish stuff in here. I mean, there probably is, but looks cumbersome to look through. So many excel style sheets on those pdfs. Not really sure where the ending spoiler would be.

The excel sheets have the endings and options. o.o But anyway. It's been leaked as the monsters are super old models and not confirmed. The file dates seem really old. I've been following /v/ and lot of signs are showing these are old releases.

Some of the monsters have been removed and even at the top of the beastery it says that it's extremely outdated. Most of them are just conceptual. Which sucks because some of them were pretty cool.

The story 'spoilers' are in 3 places the Prima checklist and the Quest lists. All it gives is the names with no context. I don't even really see it as a spoiler. You can't really spoil a 50 hour long game.

Lucent

Some of the monsters have been removed and even at the top of the beastery it says that it's extremely outdated. Most of them are just conceptual. Which sucks because some of them were pretty cool.

The story 'spoilers' are in 3 places the Prima checklist and the Quest lists. All it gives is the names with no context. I don't even really see it as a spoiler. You can't really spoil a 50 hour long game.

50 hours + 50 hours worth of side content (supposedly). Will be great if the fighting is more responsive and they deliver on their promise on content that is fun and meaningful instead of filler.

AU Tiger

How do you accidentally set your google drive to public?? It's private by DEFAULT meaning they would have had to manually go in there and set it to "anyone with the link" or "available to the public"

what on earth would possess them to set it to either of those??

Edit: NVM.

frontovik

Banned
If you take the time to read the thread: It's been stated several times that a CDPR developer's account was hacked by an individual from 4chan; they didn't accidentally set it to public.

Respawn

Banned
Ouch. Hopefully this doesn't lead to their termination.

I work in IT and even though I'm not a coder you can bet your ass he's grass. Mishaps like this don't get you a pat on the back and lets not have it happen again.
Now if he's one of main guys then they will keep him because he's needed.

i just hope it doesn't damage them in any way or delays the game even more. Hope it didn't leak that much.

Did you read the op??

edit: Ahh she was hacked.

Top Bottom