• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerSoul

Make him really fast though and strong, so it's not that much of an issue if properly set-up.

Plus Grass/Steel is good bar the x4 Fire weakness, and in the Stealth Rock world, Fire isn't that big of an issue, is it?

Imo, I wish they would keep Steel out of the trio unless it's paired with another type that somewhat balances it like they did with Empoleon. On another note, the theory where the starter's secondary type created another strength/weakness dynamic sounds like a fresh approach and I'd love to see that.

zroid

Banned
PSY・S;46254873 said:
tumblr_mgdnz08pHO1s04irwo1_500.jpg

It's too much, I'm gonna faint

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think Chespin will evolve into somekind of fencer for the sake of the european setting.

Perhaps, but we don't know if they're necessarily stick to European influences just because it's set in France...I mean, they gave us French Legendaries in Unova (the Musketeer Trio who were confirmed to be inspired by Dumas' classic novel), and when they were set in Japan there were inspirations from other cultures.

I'd like to see a decent amount of Pokemon representing France, but I don't want them to limit themselves to it. For example, I really want some more Yokai Pokemon. We really need a kasa-obake Pokemon already, those rock.

injurai

Banned
PSY・S;46255080 said:
Chespin's definitely the new Pikachu, lmao.

It really is why he is great. You can tell its a very pokemon-esque design, while the others will become pokemon by association

RAWi

At first, I didn´t like too much Chespin, but now I´m starting to like him D:

Damn you people! You and you images, and your fan-arts, and your gifs and shit! >.<!

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah I've warmed to Chespin immensely, didn't like him at all. My first reaction was Fennekin > Froakie > Chespin, but that's been reversed.

Will wait until I see types and evolutions though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I'm now on team Chespin.

Man, that genwun shit happened when I was asleep. You wouldn't see me allowing that crap to happen! They should really just say "prefer gen 1" over "new Pokemon are overdesigned" because it gives them holes to their argument too.

lol @ "same animal" use though. Don't they know in real life there's no such thing as a single "dog"?

Also isn't Jellicent Man O'War?

joetachi

Yeah I'm now on team Chespin.

Man, that genwun shit happened when I was asleep. You wouldn't see me allowing that crap to happen! They should really just say "prefer gen 1" over "new Pokemon are overdesigned" because it gives them holes to their argument too.

lol @ "same animal" use though. Don't they know in real life there's no such thing as a single "dog"?

Also isn't Jellicent Man O'War?

specilly since gen 1 has like 80 rat like pokemon

Maedhros

PSY&#12539;S;46255080 said:
Chespin's definitely the new Pikachu, lmao.

It really is why he is great. You can tell its a very pokemon-esque design, while the others will become pokemon by association

Lol... desilusional that much.

Pokemon will end and Pikachu will still be the most famous pokemon out there. There's no new Pikachu. He'll be the mascot of pokemon franchise, forever.

Ps.: Chespin sucks!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
EwMfk.png

This avatar is up for grabs. I'm not gonna use it anymore. Having an avatar specific to one game feels weird to me, as cute as it is.

Kiryu

Pokemon will end and Pikachu will still be the most famous pokemon out there. There's no new Pikachu. He'll be the mascot of pokemon franchise, forever.

I can't imagine if Clefairy were a Mascot of Pokemon. I would probably not to be able to stand against it. It's "Forever" like you said.

Holy Magikarp. Full 3D, and in France! Gah I'm so psyched! Here I come, my darling little Froakie. I've yet to finish B&W2 and SS, so the wait won't be too much of a killer.

injurai

Banned

Well obviously he is forever.

Your last part is wrong though.

qq more

Man, I can't decide if I like Froakie or Chespin the most now. It's kind of funny because earlier I really didn't like Chespin but its design really grew on me.

They're both better than Fennekin or whatever the hell it's called.

clemenx

Banned
I like Chespin but he's just a brown Emolga.
Emolga rocks so that's cool.

Froakie is one of the best ever, that much is undeniable.

Drago

Man, all this Chespin fanart is really starting to make me a believer.

I still like Froakie more though. Couldn't care less for Fennekin.

Question from someone who hasn't played since the originals:
Can you fight others online with the DS? Like, can you search out player matches? Are there rankings? How do you decide on rules, if any? I noticed that there are Pokemon "Tiers", and people compete within these tiers (UU, OU, NU, etc.). Or if/when you play online, is everyone running around using the Ubers?

iammeiam

I really need to get around to finishing Black. And then maybe pick up Black 2. But I don't know enough about Pokemon to every know if I'm playing it 'right' so every time a Pokemon goes to evolve I have a crisis over whether or not it's worth it, since the unevolved designs are almost always cuter than the crap they evolve into.

I'll end up picking this up anyway. The X legendary is too awesome. This also is the best generation for them to do a third version on home console, if they ever want to. Pokemon U would even fit the naming scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom