• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

rezn0r

ok so not to be a complete noob but I am right now - can someone explain how they are rocking Phantasy Star Portable 1 or 2 on the Vita? as far as I know they aren't available to buy on PSN right? I own PS3, PS4, and Vita, but never had a PSP. I'd love to have those games...

same goes for Metal Gear Portable Ops if it's a similar situation

(after writing all this, I'm wondering if you had to have the original PSP games... but then how would they be available for download on Vita like in this thread's screenshots?)

-thanks!

I finally got to try out Wipeout Pure on Vita and it's silky smooth 60fps omg... So good... EU has been enjoying this for the longest. :D

By the way, here is a useful link for the DLC to Wipeout in case anyone else is taking it for a spin. There are instructions inside the zip file which show how to install to Vita: http://www.mediafire.com/?r0cty7z2p65m1

Now I gotta go download Bloody Roar, Sega Rally, CTR, Spyro... *head explodes*

Where would you put Arctic Edge in the pantheon of Motorstorm games? I'm a big Pacific Rift fan.

Arctic Edge really follows the aesthetic of the first 2. 3 definitely had the best graphics and craziness, but had the weird story. I think if you like Pacific Rift, you'll like Arctic Edge. There is a demo, that is also Vita compatible.

vocab

I'd love to have those games...
Sadly Sega does not feel that way. Bunch of hacks. People are downloading it because they bought it before it got delisted. They cant remove it completely if people bought it, but they no longer sell it. Many titles have this problem.

Kolma

ok so not to be a complete noob but I am right now - can someone explain how they are rocking Phantasy Star Portable 1 or 2 on the Vita? as far as I know they aren't available to buy on PSN right? I own PS3, PS4, and Vita, but never had a PSP. I'd love to have those games...

(after writing all this, I'm wondering if you had to have the original PSP games... but then how would they be available for download on Vita like in this thread's screenshots?)

-thanks!

demos for PSP1 and PSP2 were available at some point
as was the full version of PSP2 digital

I sadly only have the demos :(
We should try to get Sega to bring them back even though online for them is shutdown (ad-hoc party should work though)

NIGHT-

-thanks!

You can buy portable ops through the website, just not through the vita store

I finally got to try out Wipeout Pure on Vita and it's silky smooth 60fps omg... So good... EU has been enjoying this for the longest. :D

By the way, here is a useful link for the DLC to Wipeout in case anyone else is taking it for a spin. There are instructions inside the zip file which show how to install to Vita: http://www.mediafire.com/?r0cty7z2p65m1

Now I gotta go download Bloody Roar, Sega Rally, CTR, Spyro... *head explodes*

Bless you for that link

What a pleasant surprise! Too bad 95% of my Square Enix PSP games aren't on the PS Store. :/

Yeah. I'm kind of sitting here regretting the fact that most of my PSP library is physical. I'd kill many animals to be able to play Dissidia 012, FFIV collection, and FFT without having to rebuy them.

Korten

Banned
The PSP2 demo I had is killing me... It plays sooooo good with the second analog stick... :(

Sega pls, put it back on the PSN store.

androvsky

no, sega has been pretty good about leaving servers open for legacy games. the server is probably just someone's old hewlett packard they leave plugged into the wall.
Strange, Sega pulled them just before the Vita launched, so I wonder what kind of politics was going on there. Did Sony demand a fee for Vita compatibility or something and they finally dropped it?

rezn0r

Sadly Sega does not feel that way. Bunch of hacks. People are downloading it because they bought it before it got delisted. They cant remove it completely if people bought it, but they no longer sell it. Many titles have this problem.

demos for PSP1 and PSP2 were available at some point
as was the full version of PSP2 digital

I sadly only have the demos :(
We should try to get Sega to bring them back even though online for them is shutdown (ad-hoc party should work though)

You can buy portable ops through the website, just not through the vita store

damn it! thanks for the responses though!

good point about Portable Ops - I knew that, I was just kind of freaking out about the Phantasy Star titles so I wasn't thinking straight. Phantasy Star is honestly my favorite series in videogames... my first memory of realizing I was actually caring about a game was Phantasy Star 1...

so thanks for the info & yeah I wish they would be re-released, but with no server support it's probably not happening... happy to buy Portable Ops & Suikoden 1 thought...

thanks all

Kolma

The PSP2 demo I had is killing me... It plays sooooo good with the second analog stick... :(

Sega pls, put it back on the PSN store.

So sad to go to import see my character (that i moved from psp retail save to my vita as i did all my psp saves)
And then play PSP2 demo with right stick....
Please bring it back sega PLEASE

CraigMcD

EU here. I don't think I could download Crazy Taxi Fare Wars and both Capcom Classics titles without transferring from my PS3 (none of them are on the Vita store either.) Just checked my downloads list and there's options to download there.

I don't have any games that didn't work on Vita at all, though. Would appreciate it if someone in EU with Burnout Legends in their downloads list could check so I can buy it. :)

It actually has to be on the store in the first place for it to work.
Both Burnout games can now be downloaded in the EU. Just grabbing them now.

RK128

Have 15.35 on my SEN account..
Split between Burnout Legends and Sega Genesis Collection
LOVE the burnout series, but I love genesis games though I already own these genesis games some multiple times..
Also want Sonic Rivals 1+2 as I've never owned/played them(huge sonic fan)

The Genesis Collection is a great port of the classic Genesis games; options to alter how much space the games take on the screen, many is not all the games running at a smooth 60FPS (makes playing Sonic 2 feel soo good man :)), and the D-Pad on Vita is just perfect for great 2D games like Shinobi III, Sonic 1 and 2, Vectorman 1 and 2 and tons more. Its worth well over 10 bucks, so that price is an utter steal :).

As for the rivals games...I've never owned them (which is odd, as I would have imagined myself running to pick these games up when I first got my Vita :l), but from LP's of the game online, they are good 2D Racing games that do something quite unique compared to Sonic Rush (the DS series at the time). Its literally a 2D version of the battle mode from Sonic Adventure 2, but with flat out power-ups and mini-QTE's (though it's limited to going over an object) and each character having their own abilites.

If you can only get one of them....Rivals 2 is the better option, as not only is there more playable characters (Espio, Tails, and Rouge join the original games cast), more costumes to wear, more cards to collect, and a more traditional Sonic-like mode where you just race against the clock by yourself (which automatically makes this game better than the original :)). Its only 6 bucks, so it shouldn't be that bad of a purchase.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
I don't usually carry on about such things, but Crash Bandicoot looks wonderful on this OLED screen. Still vibrant after all these years.

Holds up well. The filtering helps along with the OLED screen.

Gameplay is still spot on even after all these years..

Kolma

It really does, I would love to get back into it.

Is it possible to put PSP data onto a Vita? Cause I still got my characters...

Connect Vita to PC and open up Content Manager Assistant.
Find out where Saved data is for your PSP on it
Mine says

Saved Data (PSP™/PlayStation®)
C:\Users\Kolma\Documents\PS Vita\PSAVEDATA\7aabe56940cb9c46

* To use the saved data from a PSP™ system on a PS Vita system, copy the folders under /PSP/SAVEDATA on the Memory Stick™ to this folder. Then connect the PS Vita system to your PC and copy the saved data using [Content Manager].
* When you are using multiple Sony Entertainment Network accounts, a folder is created for each account. The folder displayed is the folder for the account linked with the most recently connected PS Vita system.

Enjoy your original PSP saves on Vita!

Korten

Banned
Connect Vita to PC and open up Content Manager Assistant.
Find out where Saved data is for your PSP on it
Mine says

Enjoy your original PSP saves on Vita!

Sweet thanks man...

However before I can do that. Time to go petition Sega, people who want to buy PSP2 from the psn store, follow me..! Pls. :(

Cudder

Picked up Motorstorm Arctic Edge and Resistance Retribution. I know Resistance was Vita compatible before, though. Feels good to finally play the games in these franchises I've missed before.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
So for some games u have to go to the Sony store on a Pc and buy them?

Then go to your downloads list on Vita store and it should be there?

I'm wanting portable Ops.

CLEEK

Why is there so many games missing?

Licensing. For whatever reason, before old retail games are put on PSN, they have to be relicenced. In many cases, the cost/effort to do this outweighs the likely sales from having them available digitally.

There are also games where licensed music/characters means they the legal stuff makes it highly unlikely or even impossible for them to get put on PSN. This is why there are so many missing high profile games.

Games with licensed music (Wipeout 2097 / Wip3out etc), games with licences characters (Tekken 3 with Gon), and games full of licensed cars (GT1 and 2) mean it doubtful they'll ever see the light of day.

Plortch

Neo Member
This is amazing!!! I was just playing Defender, Gauntlet, Joust and Wizard of Wor on my Vita! These are all part of the 'Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play' collection which was never compatible with the Vita until today.

ShadiWulf

We need to join together in attacking persuading @Sega and Sega's facebook to bring back PSP2 digital

I'm already bothering Ruby about it on twitter.. not that it will do any good ;.; but he understands. hes a big PSO fan. Please don't go spamming his twitter account though, it won't change anything. I was just making him aware of this topic if he wasn't.

I also got the demo.. but no full game.. its painful, i don't wanna try it cause it would probably make me feel even worse.

Kolma

Will this work for the Killzone: Liberation downloadable final chapter?

Dunno about Killzone: Liberation

But with LittleBigPlanet PSP there are 2 save files
One is detailed as
Name: LittleBigPlanet Installed Data
Details: Locally installed GameData, Requires game update 5

other is
Name: LittleBigPlanet Player Profile Data
Detals Settings and game progress, MyMoon Levels, Downloaded Community Levels, Collected Levels, MyObjects, Collected Objects

No idea where LBP PSP DLC is stored and it doesn't seem to show up in content manager.
But killzone might work as a save file in which case it should transfer, else I have no idea...

No harm in trying eh?

vocab

I'm already bothering Ruby about it on twitter.. not that it will do any good ;.; but he understands. hes a big PSO fan. Please don't go spamming his twitter account though, it won't change anything. I was just making him aware of this topic if he wasn't.

I also got the demo.. but no full game.. its painful, i don't wanna try it cause it would probably make me feel even worse.

Heh I just played the demo. I was never interested in PS or hunting like games until this year, and damn I kinda wish it was on the store.

Just played a round of Pac-Man CE on my Vita. Awesome. Got a shit score but I haven't played it in ages. D-pad feels just a bit off on this one but that's ok. Just in it for the fun on this one.

This is amazing!!! I was just playing Defender, Gauntlet, Joust and Wizard of Wor on my Vita! These are all part of the 'Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play' collection which was never compatible with the Vita until today.
I am ready to DL any and all retro collections now.

ShadiWulf

Heh I just played the demo. I was never interested in PS or hunting like games until this year, and damn I kinda wish it was on the store.

I have it Physically on PSP.. it's fun.. but... its the PSP.. not the Vita, and has no right stick. Game would be amazing on Vita... really wishing i got it digitally. sigh

oh well. lots of other games to keep me busy. Just sucks is all :) im a big phantasy star online fan.

xclaw

I'm almost afraid to buy anything in case there is some huge sale tomorrow... or that they'll revert this too. Ugh.. what to do!?

Will this work for the Killzone: Liberation downloadable final chapter?

Sounds like it may be set up similarly to Wipeout Pure DLC. What you want to do is either copy your save file to the vita or get the vita to create a save file by starting the game normally.

Then, you connect the Vita to your PC with the Content Manager and copy the save file to your PC. After it's on your PC, copy the DLC folder into the folders the Vita created for the Killzone saves.

The folder will have random numbers and letters. The folder path will look similar to this: PSAVEDATAABCDExxxx. Put the DLC folder inside "ABCDExxxx" and copy that back to the Vita with the Content Manager.

It's kinda confusing but it makes more sense once you start doing it.

People were listing holy grails for PSN so I'll give mine.

Rockband Unplugged (not lite)
Tekken: Dark Ressurection
SSX On Tour

I spent so much time on those 3 games.

Rockband is a licensing issue I guess but I have no idea why Tekken Dark Resurrection and SSX On Tour aren't available on PSN.

Top Bottom