• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA shuts down Visceral, moves Star Wars game to EA Vancouver/others

What the fuck...Visceral is such a great studio, and they were working on Star Wars of all things, which you'd think would protect them from closure. Goddamn.

ViciousDS

Banned

Throughout the development process, we have been testing the game concept with players, listening to the feedback about what and how they want to play, and closely tracking fundamental shifts in the marketplace. It has become clear that to deliver an experience that players will want to come back to and enjoy for a long time to come, we needed to pivot the design. We will maintain the stunning visuals, authenticity in the Star Wars universe, and focus on bringing a Star Wars story to life. Importantly, we are shifting the game to be a broader experience that allows for more variety and player agency, leaning into the capabilities of our Frostbite engine and reimagining central elements of the game to give players a Star Wars adventure of greater depth and breadth to explore.”

god damn it

fucking multiplayer/online focused it sounds like

fuck these trends and their shit practices

Kinyou

Just yesterday I watched a retrospective of the Dead Space games. Really sad, some very talented people working there. I hope they all land on their feet.

And yeah, losing all hope that the Star Wars game will be anything special

mdubs

Banned
WHAT

NO

WHATS HAPPENING TO THEIR STAR WARS GAME

Being shipped off to another studio to be radically changed. The statement more or less says that it was originally supposed to be a linear single player adventure and is now being shipped off to become a GAAS thing

Skyline Owl

Neo Member
Well fuck. I guess Dead Space is gone for good.

^^^
If that turns out to be correct then my interest in it just cratered. Bummer.

jennetics

giphy.gif

Best of luck Visceral Studios folk

Duxxy3

EA killed that studio. Dead Space 2 was great. Dead Space 3 was interfered with way too much. And then they got lumped into Battlefield.

IMO EA is solely responsible for the failure of this studio.

Dantis

Wow.

I'm genuinely really angry. What a shitty thing to do because they want to cash in on games as a service. Absolute wankers.

AudioEppa

🤨 wtf ea? And I can’t believe it’s even possible to still be surprised with your shitty history. But seriously wtf.

ekgrey

Just yesterday I watched a retrospective of the Dead Space games. Really sad, some very talented people working there. I hope they all land on their feet.

Which was it? I've been looking for a good one. Noah Caldwell-Gervais mentions DS a lot but has never examined the series independently.

Top Bottom