• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

DrDogg

Haven't played this game in two days aside from some testing yesterday and my thumb is still swollen due to how blocking works in this game.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll add a remap option, but I think that's unlikely.

Prima games has one but I very heavily disagree with it.

I think we pretty much disagree about everything at this point. Cheers!

EDIT: Although an explanation of your disagreement would be nice.

Ketch

I would love to play master mummy if block wasn't on thumb stick.

Like fucken hell plllllllllllease just put it on left bumper.

Gears

I imagine they can be fun with casual friends but the meat is in 1v1 indeed.

The only one ACTUALLY enjoy is vs hedlok. The others are just.....ooof

The timer seems way too short for 1v1v1.\
I dont get vball at all
2v2 chains suck
ahhhhhhhhh

TeegsD

Getting wrecked trying to learn motion controls. Gave up on GP5 and now trying GP4 with Min Min. First match against Ninjara again and once again, can't block or move well enough right now

Formless

I just beat GP 4 without any continues for the first time, feels good man

Also apparently Hedlock can kill himself with his Rush explosion

thedan001

First game with jorpen was spot on, then got ahead of myself and slipped too many mistakes on rematch.

Picked ice dragon on accident, 2 ramrams counters his popper arm.

Actually had a draw in a ranked game today in the first round, I grabbed him/her as time expired and barely saved myself. Ended up going 4 rounds and it announced the last round as an extra round. Won the last round, it was pretty epic.

Huh, just fought a Hedlock with one side outfitted with 3 of the umbrella weapon and he would jump and then would use them to float down slowly.

I've barely started using an umbrella with a character or two but I didn't know they could do this.

MDave

Speaking of draws, his happened in a 1v1v1:

6b0ff490b2.jpg

All had less then a bar of health left, down to the last second my bro threw Mechanica just in time to get her health down to ours, it was chaotic and hilarious, and the mind games! I don't like 1v1v1 but this match was amazing.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm having a blast just booting up and playing some party mode when I have some downtime between other games or work.

Keratay

Neo Member
Had a 1v1v1v1 for the first time yesterday, didn't even know that was a game mode.

Way nicer than 1v1v1, we ended up pairing off until 2 were left, then it was just a normal match.

OmegaFax

Had a 1v1v1v1 for the first time yesterday, didn't even know that was a game mode.

Way nicer than 1v1v1, we ended up pairing off until 2 were left, then it was just a normal match.

The two (or three) problems I have with 1v1v1 matches is either one player completely stays out of the way and lets the other two players duke it out or two players gang up on one player.

The other thing is how weirdly the camera automatically prioritizes targets. You might be focusing on one opponent and it suddenly drift and focus on another.

I think it'd be a neat tweak in 1v1v1 matches if an electric or explosive ball falls on a player that's idling around on the other side of a map. It might push 'em back into the fight.

Hmmm, I can't seem to use the Parasol to float, anyone know if you can or not or if that's something reserved for Hedlock?

Perhaps it's not as pronounced as Hedlock's with three as opposed to my one Parasol? I'll try with 2...

Edit: hmm, the effect is certainly there with two Parasols but a bit imperceptible to me with only one. Certainly not as dramatic as when Hedlock had 3 Parasols.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Speaking of draws, his happened in a 1v1v1:

6b0ff490b2.jpg

All had less then a bar of health left, down to the last second my bro threw Mechanica just in time to get her health down to ours, it was chaotic and hilarious, and the mind games! I don't like 1v1v1 but this match was amazing.

Man this story makes me wish that the Share button would RECORD game play instead of just doing a screen shot.

wuth

Are any high-level players currently still using motion controls? Or is the consensus now that traditional is the way to compete?

Played my first ranked match. It was against a level 4 person? She was using Ribbon Girl and wouldn't stop trying to grab me. Was really easy to predict and punish.

I just beat level 4 with ribbon girl and (non-story spoilers)

The title screen music was a slightly different version after I won. Was that her singing, was it unique to her and do other characters have different title screen music when you win, and also its gone now how do I get it back?!

Keratay

Neo Member
The two (or three) problems I have with 1v1v1 matches is either one player completely stays out of the way and lets the other two players duke it out or two players gang up on one player.

The other thing is how weirdly the camera automatically prioritizes targets. You might be focusing on one opponent and it suddenly drift and focus on another.

I think it'd be a neat tweak in 1v1v1 matches if an electric or explosive ball falls on a player that's idling around on the other side of a map. It might push 'em back into the fight.

The camera's the problem I keep running into. Two or three times I've tapped the stick to try to switch targets but the camera nudges to the side a little and then snaps back to the person I was already focused on.

The title screen music was a slightly different version after I won. Was that her singing, was it unique to her and do other characters have different title screen music when you win, and also its gone now how do I get it back?!

I know she sings the beginning of the title theme in the "Thank you for playing!" screen once you clear GP (and Helix does too) but I didn't notice anything carry over to the title screen itself. I'll keep an ear out for that if I run GP with Ribbon Girl again.

Yes it's her and hers is the only other version. You don't have to clear it with her to get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlM3aH7Gf3s

...And I just beat GP7 with Spring Man in under half the time it took me to beat GP6!

I don't get this game. :<

Well, at least the difficulty spike between GP6 and GP7 is pretty much nonexistent. I can probably skip from GP4 straight to GP7 after I feel I can use the other characters well enough.

Love this game although it was a wakeup call when I found out how terrible I am at it. Struggled with GP2 at first to even beat that but slowly was making progress. Attempted GP4 last night and breezed through it with no retries until the final fight. I know not a huge accomplishment but it still felt super satisfying just seeing how much I've improved in a short time.

Really felt a click last night and felt like I had a much better grasp on the game mechanics and what's effective and not. Excited to see how I improve from here. Mainly playing with motion controls although i have played in Tablet mode and with the Pro Controller and they work better than expected but for me motion controls still seem to be the ideal way to play. Enjoying this game even more than I thought I would and can't wait to see what the future has in store for Arms.

Top Bottom