• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nex Machina |OT| Insert 80 Quarters

Woke up really early before work for some reason. Booted up the game and played the first world. Wow this game is so much fun and chaotic. Love it. Also looks really good on the pro with a 4k screen.

CyberChulo

Woke up really early before work for some reason. Booted up the game and played the first world. Wow this game is so much fun and chaotic. Love it. Also looks really good on the pro with a 4k screen.

Yes same here! Played the first world at 4k hdr. Then played it on a 106" projector screen. Amazing on either! Music is kicking! Where can I get the ost?

MrS

Banned
Yes same here! Played the first world at 4k hdr. Then played it on a 106" projector screen. Amazing on either! Music is kicking! Where can I get the ost?
It's on iTunes. 20 songs for £7.99.

This game is soooooooooooooooo fucking good. Was up til 3am playing last night and hit a wall at the world 5 boss. Turned it on this morning, beat that boss and then got my ass handed to me by the world 6 boss. Hyped to take him on again later!

Stevey

Is there 144hz support on PC?

Edit- there is.
aDbhR5K.png

MrS

Banned
Can you save after each level or do you have to finish the whole game at once like resogun?
You can't save your arcade mode playthroughs. You can go and beat individual worlds through the main menu outside of arcade mode or you can play through arcade mode. There are trophies for beating individual worlds and there are trophies for beating arcade mode.

danowat

Banned
You can't save your arcade mode playthroughs. You can go and beat individual worlds through the main menu or you can play through arcade mode. There are trophies for beating individual worlds and there are trophies for beating arcade mode.

One caveat, you have to unlock the worlds before you can play them individually, so you need to play through the entire thing in one sitting at least once.

I would like to see them add a save option between worlds.

danowat

Banned
Kind of defeats the object of an arcade mode, no?

Well, no, not really, you still have the limited amount of lives and continues, I am not asking for everything to be reset on saving, just being able to pause it between worlds.

edit : and before someone says use rest mode (again), I don't like using rest mode as my external HDD won't power down in rest mode.

antyk

Just completed the rookie arcade mode on a launch day PS4 - looks and plays beautifully. No frame rate drops and it's gorgeous to look at IMO.

Runs great!

You just sold the game to me! Thanks :)

Kind of defeats the object of an arcade mode, no?

Well, no? Some of us have families, kids, full-time jobs and other hobbies and would like to just complete the game without having to start all over each time. I couldn't care less for scores and/or trophies, etc., but I don't like having unfinished games :)

MrS

Banned

Well, no? Some of us have families, kids, full-time jobs and other hobbies and would like to just complete the game without having to start all over each time. I couldn't care less for scores and/or trophies, etc., but I don't like having unfinished games :)
That's why you can play through the worlds individually through the menu after unlocking them. Arcade mode is for playing through the game in one session. Clearly it was a design choice to make the game this way. It was the same for Resogun.

Fordy

Well, no, not really, you still have the limited amount of lives and continues, I am not asking for everything to be reset on saving, just being able to pause it between worlds.

edit : and before someone says use rest mode (again), I don't like using rest mode as my external HDD won't power down in rest mode.

I guess this is massively variable, but do we have a rough guide on how long to beat in arcade?

shmoglish

2 and a half hour until I can finally jump in 😌
Great that everyon is having fun so far and the reviews are good. HMQ deserves all the praise and love.

The reason there's no save is because any save system is open to abuse. This game is all about high scores.

danowat

Banned
The reason there's no save is because any save system is open to abuse. This game is all about high scores.

How could you abuse it?, what is the difference between a save, and between you just not pressing X to go to the next world and leaving your PS4 static for 8 hours?.

bombshell

How could you abuse it?, what is the difference between a save, and between you just not pressing X to go to the next world and leaving your PS4 static for 8 hours?.

There's at least two ways that I can see it abused:

1. Save backup, meaning you could perfect one world at a time, but if you fuck something up in next world, you could just reload the backup.

2. Save data tampering, meaning it could allow people to submit impossible scores to the leaderboards.

Both are unwanted in a score based game like this.

WillySJ3

Banned
Played for about an hour only this morning, this game is awesome. Can't wait to play a lot more tonight. It will be a long long day at work.

drotahorror

Game is sick. I think the levels are harder than Resogun but the bosses are easier. I'm only on the first difficulty though, just to get a feel for things. I have no death'd the 1st, 2nd, and 4th boss. 3rd boss killed me twice. I dunno I had read bad things about the bosses, but they seem pretty fun. Music on the 4th boss was so dope.

My favorite secondary is the Detonator so far. I've been keeping it since world 2. I love how fast the cooldown is on secondary's and dashes.

*5th boss was a no death too. Guess I beat the game, done with it now
/s

Top Bottom