• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Ourobolus (3)
Zippedpinhead 70
*Splinter 90
nin1000 98

Gorlak (2)
Fireblend 63
Ourobolus 105

Spoiled Milk (2)
CCS 53
Flame_AC 56

*Splinter (2)
Crab 117
batsnacks 133

zeemumu (1)
Ourobolus 66 105
kingkitty 86

Kalor (1)
Spoiled Milk 37
kingkitty 52 86

kingkitty (1)
zeemumu 112

Fireblend (0): Zippedpinhead 67 70

No active vote for Day 1: backslashbunny, Gorlak, Kalor, Kawl_USC, Poltergust (has previously voted)

Day 1 Postcount: *Splinter 11, backslashbunny 1, batsnacks 14, CCS 10, Crab 3, Fireblend 5, Flame_AC 4, Gorlak 6, Kalor 8, Kawl_USC 0, kingkitty 6, nin1000 1, Ourobolus 25, Poltergust 5, Spoiled Milk 6, zeemumu 3, Zippedpinhead 4

Day 1 ends:
ora_1496178000.png

Automated vote tally here

9 votes for majority

Gorlak

Banned
I don't understand why you would townread creating confusion with a newbie though?

The old gafian veteran taking care of an innocent newbie who foolishly revealed too much. Trying to protect him. Admittedly, you could have also tried to force him to counter your post, then again you wouldn't be this obvious as scum. Hence the hypothetical townread in a scenario which never existed.

Hm, that being said... let's see. What's your take on shippy-shipping Ouro?

Gorlak

Banned
Purely from a flavour perspective, Michael Gove would have to be an utterly useless PR, like Sleepwalking Treestump or something, so idgaf.

Did we ever have a treestump in one of our games? I'd really fancy to see one, maybe even a bastard scum version where the stump flips as town, but continues to help scum by misdirecting everyone. bastard.

Oy Crab, is there _anything_ game related you actually want to share?

*Splinter

The old gafian veteran taking care of an innocent newbie who foolishly revealed too much. Trying to protect him. Admittedly, you could have also tried to force him to counter your post, then again you wouldn't be this obvious as scum. Hence the hypothetical townread in a scenario which never existed.

Hm, that being said... let's see. What's your take on shippy-shipping Ouro?
I don't see where he got that idea tbh. I gave bats a fairly standard poke and he responded in the usual bats way.

Did anyone else think that exchange was unusual?

Ouro feel free to elaborate at any time.

Fireblend

Banned
I have awoken, and happiness has filled my heart as I see conversation flourishing. I shall valiantly contribute as well if you will let me.

Fire, while I like your style this game, what's with that empty question directed at me? That is your more useful matter?

Ah, but is it as empty as you presume? Notice that in the sample PM given to us by our facilitator, the alignment and the vote they cast are two distinct statements. My question was a way to bring attention to that fact, and discuss whether we believe different transmutations of said attributes are possible, with the vote acting as a secondary alignment.

Alas, I can't deduce anything by myself, for my own PM states I voted leave, as does the sample of our departed friend the Hopeless MP.

As for Spoiled Milk's perplexing statement, if he's as experienced in the matter of scumhunting and being scum himself as the old legends say, I believe hinting at a name could be a cunning ploy to prolong his stay in this mortal realm, as our scum foes would know to leave him alone now that he's drawn suspicion to himself, and we subjects of the crown could as well for thinking him potentially useful for our own ends.

For now I would like to reiterate my previous query, as I believe if it's a valid concern and indeed something we should be aware of, then surely scum, with their evil powers and shared knowledge of the occult, would already know so.

Milk name drops, splinter reveals.

I'm so used to running around like a chicken with me 'ead cut off I can't comprehend what's going on here Day one.

Threats to the town? Could be filthy Americans, biased media, the European Union reps, and da east staines massiv

kingkitty

Ok so Milk has already hinted at a role

Batsnacks and Splinter seem to be masons/lovers, or scum pretending to be masons/lovers

We got any more people that want to do this shit on D1

I understand if you peg batsnacks and splinter seem scummy and left it at that. But already trying to publicly guess that so-and-so could potentially be a townie mason/lover on Day 1 seems premature, in my American opinion.

Gorlak's "old gafian veteran taking care of an innocent newbie who foolishly revealed too much" explanation. I feel like that explanation would make more sense if this was about a scum team, rather than a town.

zeemumu has yet to make a real post, and we have a little over 24 hours left. death to zeemumu (unless I change my mind later).

kingkitty

In light of spoiled milk revelations, I also have a confession to make.

This also isn't my first game. And I am not British.

I'm sorry for lying, everyone.

zeemumu

zeemumu has yet to make a real post, and we have a little over 24 hours left. death to zeemumu (unless I change my mind later).

That's pretty standard reasoning...for your first game, and cats run on an aristocracy, not a monarchy. Your boldness could be a reflection of your perceived position, or maybe you've been sitting in on other games and thought that this was the best course of action. It would explain why you're already waiting for role claims. I mean that's also pretty normal, but how are you this familiar already on your first game? I still barely know how to discern ouro's rambling from legitimate posts. Either you're lying about this being your first mafia game and you've played elsewhere or you've studied up before coming.

Fireblend

Banned
That's pretty standard reasoning...for your first game, and cats run on an aristocracy, not a monarchy. Your boldness could be a reflection of your perceived position, or maybe you've been sitting in on other games and thought that this was the best course of action. It would explain why you're already waiting for role claims. I mean that's also pretty normal, but how are you this familiar already on your first game? I still barely know how to discern ouro's rambling from legitimate posts. Either you're lying about this being your first mafia game and you've played elsewhere or you've studied up before coming.

Sir kitty is no young recruit but an experienced participant of this mortal dance we call mafia, as he admitted himself on his last post. He was indeed fooling you, though I doubt for malevolent reasons, as we all know well of his expertise and would have seen through such an obvious lie.

Ourobolus

Banned

So no one finds the post where batsnacks "quotes" himself and Splinter talking together as weird? Yes it may be a joke, but it's still odd.

(On mobile so I'm not gonna deal with nested quotes - click it)

I'm happy to look elsewhere but there's been a whole lot of nothing so far

*Splinter

So no one finds the post where batsnacks "quotes" himself and Splinter talking together as weird? Yes it may be a joke, but it's still odd.

(On mobile so I'm not gonna deal with nested quotes - click it)

I'm happy to look elsewhere but there's been a whole lot of nothing so far
What about it is weird? I thought that post was the most batsnacks post I could imagine.

Ourobolus

Banned
What about it is weird? I thought that post was the most batsnacks post I could imagine.
I guess it's just been a while since I've played with batsnacks. Just seemed weirder than usual.

Anyway I'm not voting for either of you just yet, anyway.

Of the people that have posted though, the following have done thing useful:

batsnacks
CCS
Poltergust
Crab

Polter's only contribution so far has been speculating on the town/scum ratio, which is a great place to scum to add "value" to discussion.

VOTE: Poltergust

Fireblend

Banned
I guess it's just been a while since I've played with batsnacks. Just seemed weirder than usual.

batsnacks
CCS
Poltergust
Crab

Polter's only contribution so far has been speculating on the town/scum ratio, which is a great place to scum to add "value" to discussion.

That's a curious selection of individuals; how would you describe these so-called "useful things" Crab has contributed to our most-dead conversation?

So the most logical explanation would be that they were just joking around? Especially bats seems to want to cherish D1 at it's fullest (given he's probably trying to elicit reactions).

Apart from kingkitty's there aren't much actual thoughts floating around. Mh, twice Kalor took an interest into people alluding to more information. Well, and than we have Flame with the classic trivial D1 topic. Nobody even engaged with Polter. We're basically only missing a cop claim at this point and we've got the whole D1 check list done, while not posting much at all.

Engage me in that mechanics discussion? I'm not sure if there is much more to say about that since it's all just speculation. However, it's best not to assume anything; we could still be in a 4-scum game for all we know.

batsnacks
CCS
Poltergust
Crab

Um, that's a really low bar you have for "useful" posts. Maybe because it's Day 1? ._.

Fireblend

Banned
I must say, I'm finding this gathering much more obscure than I'm used to. What peculiar guests and how profound the undercurrents in this one.

batsnacks

It was a 3 day weekend start so it's probably to be expected. I am sensing a couple lurkers though, Flame_AC and Spoiled Milk have seemed like they're around.

Ourobolus

Banned
Don't want to vote someone that is active. Probably can't make a decent enough decision on any of the completely inactives, so would like to get one of the four from my list. Middle-of-the-road, not contributing

batsnacks

Any of those names would probably be fine votes but your list is pretty bad as far as reasons given. idk how you go looking for peak uselessness and wind up with specifically those names, like pretty much anyone could be on that list I don't know how you narrowed it down to those people.

Ourobolus

Banned
Any of those names would probably be fine votes but your list is pretty bad as far as reasons given. idk how you go looking for peak uselessness and wind up with specifically those names, like pretty much anyone could be on that list I don't know how you narrowed it down to those people.

At the time I wrote it none of the people have really commented on the game itself, either shitposts or like what I mentioned about Polter. You've engaged a little more since then, but I stand by the other three

Kalor

Since I should probably have a vote down.

Vote: nin1000

I don't know if I'll keep my vote on nin but I'm not a fan of his hint earlier on, largely because he has nothing to gain from it. I could see a scenario where he is scum trying to pass himself off as town early on. I really don't know. It's either bad town play or a scum move and I'm split on which one it is.

batsnacks

At the time I wrote it none of the people have really commented on the game itself, either shitposts or like what I mentioned about Polter. You've engaged a little more since then, but I stand by the other three

What about splinter being mafia? Looks like mafia to me the post where he votes you is super scummy.

Ourobolus

Banned
Also the absence of Zeemumu, master of the dark arts, in the list, I find quite intriguing.
I left zeemumu off for post #163, which at least is more than a shitpost. But yeah, hasn't done anything since so I'd be inclined to put them on there now.

nin should probably be on there too, but, it's nin, so it's not like we're gonna get more than that from him

Kalor

Is it really a good idea to lynch Nin, Kalor? They did hint at some kind of role.

Probably not. I might think there's a chance he's lying but in a game of this size we shouldn't take that risk, at least this early. I'll see how he handles himself for the rest of the day. There's not much to go off for other people so I'm not sure who else I would vote for, at least for now.

Top Bottom