• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

There hasn't been a lot of talk about RUINER here since it dropped. It's got a good style to it, the game is cool as hell, but I'm a bit annoyed at how the devs have taken to making the KB+M controls suck in exclusive ways and seem keen on keeping it that way.

The game has an isometric camera angle, so using the WASD controls tapping W moves you north-east, instead of north relative to the screen. This makes it a bit awkward for an action heavy game that requires dodging, and the catch is this doesn't apply while using a controller -- going up on the analog stick just moves you up relative to the screen. Suggestions to add the option to change this on the game's Steam forum has had the devs saying they'd consider it, but later changing their stance saying that they feel the game is best this way.

The other thing is the game features both dual-stick shooting and melee combat. While using a controller melee is a simple button tap, on KB+M you have to scroll with the mousewheel to change weapons, attack, then mousewheel back to return to shooting. They've introduced binding in the latest patch, but it still doesn't offer a melee button, just a way to reconfigure what you want weapon switch to be.

It just doesn't make any sense to me why they would do things like this.

Ludens

Banned
I don't understand, are the new skins for iconic Capcom characters in SFV unlockable with FM or by doing Extra Battle tasks? If so, if I clear all tasks so I can unlock a character, why do I need to spend FM for it?
It's not right or info are not accurate, honestly, because if I also need to burn FM, what's the point on doing challenges.

Are those modbot giveaways for a key that is free to anyone a trap to collect script users who mine the thread for giveaways? If so, I approve.

Tizoc

Ah fuck, I forgot about this one. Maybe the game will end up being bad and I don't have to end up in a moral dilemma.

Or wait for it to show up on humblebundle.com Wait a few years for it to appear in a weekly bundle then put all your cash towards charity.
Course that depends on how unaffect Humble will be in coming years >_>

derFeef

Or wait for it to show up on humblebundle.com Wait a few years for it to appear in a weekly bundle then put all your cash towards charity.
Course that depends on how unaffect Humble will be in coming years >_>

Are there other examples? I never thought of this case to be honest :(
Is Humble shy about a statement or do they just not care? I guess they would recieve a lot of flak for it.

I got a "50% OFF Civilization VI Digital Deluxe" Coupon that's valid til the 30th of this month.
Anyone who plans on buying it, give me a shout and you can have it.

I dont think Sony would pay for a SAO exclusivity but damn...

SAO Hollow Realization comes out EXACTLY 1 year after the PS4 release to PC.

I wonder when the steamapp was uploaded.

Well, shit.

TmulcB7.png

I dont think Sony would pay for a SAO exclusivity but damn...

SAO Hollow Realization comes out EXACTLY 1 year after the PS4 release to PC.

I wonder when the steamapp was uploaded.

Interesting. Another case of 1-year deal.

Tomasety

https://steamcommunity.com/my/inventoryhistory?new=1 you can use this to enable it for you, if you wan to test.

Thanks joki. Pretty interesting to me at least.
Finally, we know and we don't need to guess the reason of certain coupons added all of a sudden to our steam inventory.

I wonder what the Civ VI coupon was for, given that I already own Civ VI deluxe.

For owning CIV V

fyh02x9.png

eeeeeeh, 15€ for shipping, that's pretty shitty. I'd jump on the deal if shipping was 8€ or under.

If that's shitty to you, then you don't want to imagine what happens to the Canary people.
We get taxed twice, which is illegal at least in Spain. First, we have to pay the Spanish mainland VAT (21%) for the physical product which can't never be applied to the Canary Islands people in conjuction with the local Canary tax and then, secondary, as a "gift" we have to pay The Canary Island special VAT (7%). That happened with Steam Controller and Link when they were released and during the following months. I have no idea if it's still happening but I would bet it does.

you say that mockingly as if its untrue. Some people just dont give a fuck.

Roman Polanki is a monster, but Rosemary's Baby and Chinatown are still classics.

Oh, I know. I even own Rosemary's Baby on Blu-Ray, and the Criterion Blu-Ray at that. But...

Tho since in this case the politics of a "feminazi apocalypse" are directly part of the game, it's impossible to differentiate between the two so it's fair to shit on the game itself.

Hektor hits the nail on the head.

Hey on the plus side once that game is in a bundle you can put all money towards charity instead of giving it to the dev

Again, the developer's grossness is built into the game. Something similar is part of the reason the Hunie Sakura Bundle pissed me off so much, because the main guy behind the Hunie games is a PUA creep.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'd like to try Elex at some point since Gothic 2 is still one of the best RPGs ever made and I really like the idea of a post-apocalyptic scifi fantasy setting. But right now I don't think I have it in me to play another big open world game. At least not until I finish Divinity.

Hard West has added a free DLC consisting of some very cool printable art posters and the devs are hinting at an anouncement. Hard West 2?

Opus Magnum has come out in EA though is near complete already. Another puzzler from Zachtronics. It's a mix of Spacechem and Inifinifactory set in an Alchemist universe on a 2D hex placefield. Mix chemicals, transmute metals, create hypnotic gifs etc...

I wonder how much card money I could get...

Never used IdleMaster before.

Have a bunch of Dota 2 items as well that I doubt I'll care about anytime soon, though I'm more hesitant to liquidate those.

Deques

I wonder how much card money I could get...

Never used IdleMaster before.

Have a bunch of Dota 2 items as well that I doubt I'll care about anytime soon, though I'm more hesitant to liquidate those.

If you have the Enhanced Steam addon installed go to the badge page and you will see an estimated worth of your non-dropped cards

You better start idling if you want money for the upcoming bigger sales. Not sure if this still works, but read this if you want cards to drop faster
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=215927103&postcount=1625

Tizoc

I probably will. I enjoyed Risen 3 even though I didn't finish it.

And from the impressions, it seems that Elex is PB's best game yet.

Why is it tagged as a strategy game? The combat looks like Neptunia games.

The game plays similar to Valkyria Chronicles.

Call of Nightmare is about to be pulled from steam as it looks like the Devs have realised it's complete trash. Admirable, or they can't endlessly farm cards now.

"For some reason, this game will soon be removed from the store, we don't want to clog the platform with bad games and terrible quality. Releasing this game, we made a mistake. We no longer want to make such mistakes. We respect you and Steam store. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding!"

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-739ECC32C8FA955A - Taken by arts&crafts
Super Meat Boy -- MB-59B690CB2DF10C92 - Taken by texhnolyze

Top Bottom