• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do you still pre-order games, especially from companies with poor reputations?

Morbid

Banned
The only thing I'd see myself pre-ordering from EA is a good Battlefield game or the next Dragon Age game if done right.

As I'm a complete tool for Dragon Age and love me some DICE multiplayer.

How would you know if it was a good BF game or not until it came out and got some reviews?

Toni

How would you know if it was a good BF game or not until it came out and got some reviews?

I trust DICE to compose a good multiplayer for a numbered Battlefield game. As they have proven themselves with BF3 and BF4 multiplayers in my honest opinion. Which despite mixed user reviews in the gaming community, I utterly enjoyed 60 players, Operation Metro on BF3 and have one of my best gaming moments playing that with friends a few years back. BF4 MP was a blast too.

My pre-order would be solidified with enough preview content prior to the game's launch and having DICE at the helm gives that decision a massive headstart.

GametimeUK

I don't pre order games at all. I always check metacritic / reviews and opinions first. In doing this I can honestly say a game very rarely disappoints me. I don't buy season passes before all the content is out and I'm sure I want everything that's included.

I preorder to have a game at my house on release day without having to drive to pick it up. If the game sucks I just return it. No cost to me. Best buy is 5 minutes from my house. Plus, preorder gets me $10 certificates usually.

I trust DICE to compose a good multiplayer for a numbered Battlefield game. As they have proven themselves with BF3 and BF4 multiplayers in my honest opinion. Which despite mixed user reviews in the gaming community, I utterly enjoyed 60 players, Operation Metro on BF3 and have one of my best gaming moments playing that with friends a few years back. BF4 MP was a blast too.

My pre-order would be solidified with enough preview content prior to the game's launch and having DICE at the helm gives that decision a massive headstart.

The last couple of Battlefield releases has been real messy so i would not pre order those. Trust EA fucking up future releases with more lootboxes and other microtransaction shit too.

Pressure to preorder is one of the main reasons I stopped shopping at GameStop.

I use to work there and it use to be so painfully sales-driven. When I was the customer again and had to see these kids try and hit these unrealistic goals or get shit for it it broke my gosh darn heart in two.

Best Buy is great. Cheaper games and no hassle for preordering ever. I remember buying The Order and platting it the next day and trading it in. I actually made a profit of 10 cents.

Those were the halcyon days...before they started not accepting trade-ins for freshly released games.

Shrubchicken

Neo Member
Actually, I do not recall the last game I pre-ordered. I used to pre-order games I expected to thoroughly enjoy and spend full price on. I can be a forgetful person, so the convenience pre-ordering provides is also nice. However, if a developer has a bad track record with me then chances are I will not purchase their games at all.

D3SCHA1N

I pre-order because you have to get $10 rewards back from BB GCU you have to pre-order. I also do it because of the little incentives you get. However all I do is pre-order a week or so before the release rather than the day the game is announced...

Top Bottom