• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

KodaRuss

Apologies in advance for being that guy.

I bought the game long ago but never got into it. I'm looking to remedy that. Does anyone recommend any particular youtube videos or guides for beginners? What about operators - what might be a few good ones that are easy to pick up? Thanks for any advice y'all might have.

Serenity 17 and Macie Jay are by far my favorites but they are pretty advanced right now as far as guides and they are both straight gameplay.

Operators -
Defenders
Rook
Kapkan
Mute

Attackers
Sledge
Ash
Thatcher

Biggest Advice - Learn the Maps, play the situations and dont get discouraged. You are going to fail, a lot. Use your drone and stick close to your team in the beginning.

Disgraced

giphy.gif

Thanks again for recording this, fr0st.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The store for this game is a mess.

I can see a Legacy Operator bundle for sale when I'm in-game, but I just wanted to see a.) if it's on sale like the most of the other DLC is, and b.) if I can use my 20% off uPlay coupon with it.

But I can't fucking find it. It's not even listed with the rest of the Rainbow Six Siege shit here. Probably because they just want to push people towards the Complete Edition. Fuck Ubi.

Disgraced

The store for this game is a mess.

I can see a Legacy Operator bundle for sale when I'm in-game, but I just wanted to see a.) if it's on sale like the most of the other DLC is, and b.) if I can use my 20% off uPlay coupon with it.

But I can't fucking find it. It's not even listed with the rest of the Rainbow Six Siege shit here. Probably because they just want to push people towards the Complete Edition. Fuck Ubi.
Don't forget that it takes fucking forever to load, too.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Don't forget that it takes fucking forever to load, too.
Apparently the only place to buy the bundle is from the 'Unlock New Operator' screen

I have no clue if I can use the uPlay coupon on R6 credits still and apparently I missed a R6 credit sale earlier this month.

Apologies in advance for being that guy.

I bought the game long ago but never got into it. I'm looking to remedy that. Does anyone recommend any particular youtube videos or guides for beginners? What about operators - what might be a few good ones that are easy to pick up? Thanks for any advice y'all might have.

If you're playing on PS4 i'll be happy to play w/ you. Most fun when playing with friends, for sure.

frontovik

Banned
Played for several months, and I've still not quite memorized the map layout for most maps. Still lost on getting to ideal chokepoints or killing zones; especially on maps like Kanal, Arctic, and University.

andycapps

Appreciate that. Is it smart to use your 24 hour welcome boost when you're doing tutorials and situations though?

I wouldn't use it until you know what you're doing a little bit so you can maximize the amount of points. Or if you're going to spend all day on the game, that's a good time.

I wouldn't use it until you know what you're doing a little bit so you can maximize the amount of points. Or if you're going to spend all day on the game, that's a good time.
I guess potentially a double XP weekend where you're going to poop sock would double it up even further?

Albo

What's up with the servers in this game? I bought it a week ago but dozens of times already I haven't been able to connect to them and when I do I often get disconnected during ranked matches.

Wow, the proposed changes to how matchmaking cannot possibly come sooner. Can't believe it's survived this long, honestly. Wait times up to 10 minutes for more than a year lmao.

mf.luder

Unplayable on PS4 this morning can't even get into a game

Yeah, I logged in around 930 EST and it was bad, verrrrry slow.

Just played a couple of matches and it was better.

I was irate. I was playing with someone but the other 3 I did not know. We were up 3-0 in ranked on house. They decide to goof off and rush for the easy victory. Next thing you know it's overtime and we have to squeak out the victory.

Hopefully you guys can hop on later.

I feel last night were some of the first matches in a while where we didn't lose the match because of some bugs/unbalanced teams (besides Smurfs) or massive pings.

Still frustrating but everyone played well so it didn't feel too bad. We did lose two games with me about 3 seconds away from the objective though.

CrayToes

I feel last night were some of the first matches in a while where we didn't lose the match because of some bugs/unbalanced teams (besides Smurfs) or massive pings.

Still frustrating but everyone played well so it didn't feel too bad. We did lose two games with me about 3 seconds away from the objective though.

We all played really well, honestly. Such fine margins between winning and losing in a few of the matches. I enjoyed myself though.

The House spectator bug though... I got excited for nothing :(

Perineum

Ubisoft gonna Ubisoft.

The past few days my friends wanted me to play the game with them. I was in the midst of Nier, and I said "let me get to a save point" even though I could've saved at just about any point.

I got to play over a hour plus before they got a game. Constantly having issues being matched up.

This game as I have said before just continues to go down the drain for its online issues. Worse and worse every update and patch. Damn shame since when you are in the game with good ping it fires on all cylinders to be a fun experience.

That however is SO rare to get that you are constantly subjecting yourself to a shitty time that it makes you numb.

TCRS

Banned
still not working. fml I was so looking forward to a couple of rounds today. now I have to play...
bf1

Rainbow six really brought the fun back in games for me. For the last three years I barely even touched my ps4 but ever since I started playing R6 properly a couple of weeks ago it brough that old feeling back.

mf.luder

We all played really well, honestly. Such fine margins between winning and losing in a few of the matches. I enjoyed myself though.

I was trash, I could've played much better. Maybe a couple of days away (NJ & NYC) will be good.

Really enjoy the squad though, it's good times.

Top Bottom