• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They only went to the future once without a plan and that was because Beerus assured them that he changed the future by killing Present Zamasu. So it wasn't 'bad writing' since the show explained why it happened.

They went to the future to check if the future changed. They had zero plan on what to do if it hadn't. Trunks was skeptical that it would have changed since thats not how time works in this universe and he knows first hand.

It's bad writing. Goku might be a complete moron, but Vegeta and Trunks know well enough that they're likely to get destroyed by Black if Beerus likely isn't right.

HeroR

Goku done goofed three times: forgetting the senzu beans, forgetting the talisman, and forgetting he had a win button

He has essentially become the modern Homer Simpson

Roshi didn't even give Goku the talisman despite Goku sitting there talking to him for several minutes and the 'win button' got a timeline destroyed. Not sure how that can be classified as a win button when the person you're summoning can and will nuke you along with the enemy.

They went to the future to check if the future changed. They had zero plan on what to do if it hadn't. Trunks was skeptical that it would have changed since thats not how time works in this universe and he knows first hand.

It's bad writing. Goku might be a complete moron, but Vegeta and Trunks know well enough that they're likely to get destroyed by Black if Beerus likely isn't right.

No, they decided to trust Beerus on his word that he changed the future, because as Beerus put it 'Trunks was using mortal logic'. And Beerus was right that what he did should have changed the future, but Black was protected by the Time Ring. They messed up because they thought Future Zamasu was Present Zamasu and Black was just a golem.

Nope, not bad writing since the show explained what happened.

Do you all prefer Yamcha with shorter hair or longer hair? He's had so many haircuts over the series

I like his original hair best.

nrIELAR.jpg

Why does everything have to be a production conspiracy with the female Saiyans? First we saw Caulifla's design and people thought Toei threw out Toriyama's design for the "fembroly" in the opening, then we saw Caulifla in an episode and the narrative changed to "Toriyama must have thrown out Toei's design", then Kale showed up in the anime and now I'm seeing people say that Toei must have taken the Kale Super Saiyan design that we saw in V-Jump ages ago and threw more muscles on it to look more like Broly and threw out the skinnier version.
Why is it so hard for some people to believe that what we are seeing with these female Saiyans is what has been intended this whole time?
"Yeah, let's use this thrown out character design to advertise the show in a magazine! That makes sense!"
Why would they do that? The answer is they wouldn't.

/vent

Roshi didn't even give Goku the talisman despite Goku sitting there talking to him for several minutes and the 'win button' got a timeline destroyed. Not sure how that can be classified as a win button when the person you're summoning can and will nuke you along with the enemy.

No, they decided to trust Beerus on his word that he changed the future, because as Beerus put it 'Trunks was using mortal logic'. And Beerus was right that what he did should have changed the future, but Black was protected by the Time Ring. They messed up because they thought Future Zamasu was Present Zamasu and Black was just a golem.

Nope, not bad writing since the show explained what happened.

They should've tried to cut his hand off.

Zolo

Eh don't worry about it. Those same people were convinced there was only one girl Saiyan to begin with.

The weirdest part to me was how people thought they were the same person, but with just different clothes and hairstyle. They looked nothing alike, and some people even talked about how Kale seemed to get a more unique design in the episode she showed up in as if they ever looked alike.

The weirdest part to me was how people thought they were the same person, but with just different clothes and hairstyle. They looked nothing alike, and some people even talked about how Kale seemed to get a more unique design in the episode she showed up in as if they ever looked alike.

To be fair her eyes are a similar shape to Caulifla's here;
Could have just been that the artist drew her differently, or maybe they changed her eyes in her design after this to make her look a little a bit more unique.

Zolo

To be fair her eyes are a similar shape to Caulifla's here;

Could have just been that the artist drew her differently, or maybe they changed her eyes in her design after this to make her look a little a bit more unique.

As far as I can tell, it's still at worst a case like with Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta where you have similar faces up close. Clothes, lipstick, and demeanor was all different.

HeroR

Why does everything have to be a production conspiracy with the female Saiyans? First we saw Caulifla's design and people thought Toei threw out Toriyama's design for the "fembroly" in the opening, then we saw Caulifla in an episode and the narrative changed to "Toriyama must have thrown out Toei's design", then Kale showed up in the anime and now I'm seeing people say that Toei must have taken the Kale Super Saiyan design that we saw in V-Jump ages ago and threw more muscles on it to look more like Broly and threw out the skinnier version.
Why is it so hard for some people to believe that what we are seeing with these female Saiyans is what has been intended this whole time?
"Yeah, let's use this thrown out character design to advertise the show in a magazine! That makes sense!"

/vent

Arch, you should know better than anyone that the Dragon Ball fanbase is dense. This is the same fanbase who think Goku can't suppressed himself and Goku's always fight at full power, hence all the Krillin = Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku (despite the show outright telling them otherwise) or people saying Future Zamasu is only as strong as Super Saiyan 2 Goku because Present Zamasu was, despite Future Zamasu clearly being shown to be stronger than his past counterpart.

If you want to talk about pulling teeth, try explaining to this fanbase how the stable time loop worked in the Future Trunks Saga.

caliph95

Arch, you should know better than anyone that the Dragon Ball fanbase is dense. This is the same fanbase who think Goku can't suppressed himself and Goku's always fight at full power, hence all the Krillin = Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku (despite the show outright telling them otherwise) or people saying Future Zamasu is only as strong as Super Saiyan 2 Goku because Present Zamasu was, despite Future Zamasu clearly being shown to be stronger than his past counterpart.

If you want to talk about pulling teeth, try explaining to this fanbase how the stable time loop worked in the Future Trunks Saga.
I feel like we or at least the fanbase have a tendency to over-complicate the stuff

HeroR

I feel like we or at least the fanbase have a tendency to over-complicate the stuff

I do agree. But I find it extremely annoying when the show tells you something and the fandom decides to ignored it to complain. The Krillin example I mentioned before honestly makes me wonder if most fans read the subs.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I know EoZ is the endgame of DBS. I know GT alredy tried to bring back the saiyan tails to relevance once again.... BUT WE DESERVE THIS GOKU, GODDAMMIT!
EoZ isn't the endgame of DBS.

Well, it might be, but it isn't confirmed or anything. We just now it will at least go up to that point - nothing has been said about stopping the series afterwards.

It's my favorite Goku too

Skeeter49

The female saiyan thing unfortunately had to happen after the Jiren to Toppo switch, as the one with the U11 god during the tournament, so people were just more paranoid that usual I'd imagine.

HeroR

The female saiyan thing unfortunately had to happen after the Jiren to Toppo switch, as the one with the U11 god during the tournament, so people were just more paranoid that usual I'd imagine.

The robe figure in the original preview doesn't match Jiren since his built is too skinny. Jiren is almost as big as Toppo. The only thing they had in common are the gloves.

Speaking of Jiren I'm hype as fuck for his reveal in the tournament I'm kinda expecting him to off Hit to show how much of a bad mother fucker he is

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I just want to say... The scene in episode 90 when Goku catches Gohan and tells him they'll go even further together... I love and appreciate that scene.

I just want to say... The scene in episode 90 when Goku catches Gohan and tells him they'll go even further together... I love and appreciate that scene.
You know I was half expecting Goku to just let Gohan crash to the ground in a Ging Freecs sort of way, but thankfully he surpassed my expectations and caught him.

Anth0ny

blue gi goku is awesome, I hope they use it for super.

I know they love using the iconic orange gi as much as possible... but sell those toys/video game dlc, damn it.

I'am expecting a new series that goes post EoZ. AT specifically said that Super takes place between Buu and EoZ. They have already hinted at Uub and SSJ Pan, which can only happen EoZ.

AdanVC

All jokes aside, it'd be lame as hell if Krillin just gets his ass kicked in 3 seconds again.

With the coming episodes Goku has gathered everyone right? Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin, 17, 18, Tien, Roshi, Vegeta, and
F

Give it a few weeks and things will get going for sure.

I hope so because all this drag has been nice but already started to get sick of it, every episode hyping the tournament with the same platform building animations, lol. This has been running longer than Namek's 5 minute till explodes!

Skeeter49

How long until the tournament? Any chance we get a 5v5 practice round episode in cuz that'll be sweet

Yeah, a 5V5 would be a really good idea if they want an extra episode before the tournament, and due to the fact that team cohesion is going to be at an all time low in a few episodes.

And in general it'll be fun to see. They should have Goku and Vegeta pick their teams one by one.

It'll give them a chance to find out who works well together, who doesn't, and who in general just can't be trusted to be a team player.

ElFly

Yeah, a 5V5 would be a really good idea if they want an extra episode before the tournament, and due to the fact that team cohesion is going to be at an all time low in a few episodes.

It'll give them a chance to find out who works well together, who doesn't, and who in general just can't be trusted to be a team player.

well only one of the members is such a good team player that
he managed a interplanetary empire successfully for many years

ElFly

dunno

he asks if that is his son, which would be natural if he only had ever talked telepathically to his family

he doesn't ask "do I have another son?" like he would if he didn't know at all

e: maybe it's a translation thing tho

He didn't, which was why he was shocked when he saw Goten for the first time and even asked if that was his child.

With what we've seen lately, you almost have to assume that Goku doesn't know where babies come from or how they're made. Hell we only really know Goku has ever been intimate with ChiChi twice, but Vegeta was around for Goten, so...

Crocodile

Man it can be a bit hard to follow the thread when you haven't been in it since the last new episode aired :p

With regards to padding/pacing, the issue has never been and never will be how many episodes are used but how that time is used. Sometimes they use that time well and sometimes they don't. The better episodes of this pre-tournament part of the arc are examples of that time used well.

As an aside, I was watching this MasakoX video and he said the team said that Super currently isn't planned to go beyond the end of Z? That would be disappointing that remains the fact.

L Thammy

/vent

When we only saw Kale in the opening and Caulifla in the show, I thought that they might be the same character having betrayed their team and joined U11 because they share certain design elements. Body type, eye shape, bracers, exposed midriff. I figured that those made sense as holdovers if the character changed costumes. Plus Toriyama doesn't have a big track record of using female fighters, so I found it hard to believe that he'd include two female Saiyans. I was proved wrong pretty quickly though, so I'll admit that.

I didn't really buy the Toei design switch thing because I know Toriyama's gotten a lot of questions, and the female Saiyan looking like she had a different personality could be explained by the animations simply not having all the information at that moment, like how the U6 fighters show off moves in their OP they seemingly didn't have in their actual fights. Not to mention that animating a design before it gets approved seemed like a really stupid idea. I figured that both designs were intended to be used.

Are people still holding onto them being designed as the same character? Is that on Kanzenshuu or something?

Man it can be a bit hard to follow the thread when you haven't been in it since the last new episode aired :p

With regards to padding/pacing, the issue has never been and never will be how many episodes are used but how that time is used. Sometimes they use that time well and sometimes they don't. The better episodes of this pre-tournament part of the arc are examples of that time used well.

As an aside, I was watching this MasakoX video and he said the team said that Super currently isn't planned to go beyond the end of Z? That would be disappointing that remains the fact.

Please be wrong.

ElFly

there was some article saying that super was approaching the end of z, not that it was gonna end

I think it was something toyotaro said

Slaythe

Super makes too much money for Dragon Ball to go away.

The speculation is a bit useless because there are only two possible outcome :

- Super continues past end of Z

- Super ends with End of Z and a new show (Dragon Ball Next Generation or whatever) is made

Either way, the same team is gonna keep working on Dragon Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom