• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The prettiest special/limited edition gaming system

AmyS

SEGA Game Gear Gold & Diamonds

zGuE5wG.jpg

Retailed at £55.000 in the UK.

Covered in 800 grams of gold and 46 carats of diamonds.

Edit:

dghy6Xd.jpg

These two are some of my favourites, the Monster Hunter one being the only special edition system I own. Also I've seen a few people posting Zelda 3DS's, but no one's posted the best one yet:
Yeah, that Zelda 3DS is the only limited edition console I own. It's a really nice shade of gold, not at all as gaudy as you might think.

It has convinced me to wait for limited edition consoles in future, particularly where Nintendo handhelds are concerned. They just love releasing a shit ton, and not only do they (sometimes) look great, they hold their value better too. I've not seen that Zelda 3DS cheaper anywhere since I bought it.

The good thing about the Switch is that I think Nintendo will release limited edition joy cons rather than the console itself, since there's more scope for interesting designs there. So just buy a couple of new joy cons and you have yourself a 'limited edition' Switch.

Hardvlade

Xbox-360-Star-Wars-Limited-Edition.jpg

Not even a huge Star Wars fan but this was pretty badass.

Kinda really like the Destiny TK PS4

These are my favorites.

I hated having to get rid of the TTK PS4, but I wasn't gonna keep it along with the Pro. I still have my Star Wars 360 (not the ugly controller tho) and my MM 3DS

It's a shame that I can't use this anymore since it only works with the old PS4, but it gave the console an amazing look.

16639995677_b3bd7966d8_z.jpg

Grassy

The Panasonic Q isn't really a limited edition, but I'd call it a special edition of the Gamecube and it still looks great.
img_1683ikucd.png

I like these OG Playstations, no gaudy colours or silly logos unlike what we tend to get these days.
ps1lemkugo.jpg

^beaten of course

I own this and really like it. Its like the main reason I wont sell my 360. Dont even play it anymore, but feel like I should keep it lol

161193_detail_v4.jpg

I wonder if any of those survived, so gaudy and ridiculous, lol.

Nobody knows of any actually having been made or owned by anyone.

My guess is that a few were produced but didn't sell, so the jewels were repurposed for other things.

I love this dsi xl. I will always keep it because of the style and because DS games look so good on the dsi xl.
dsill929.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Wait, Yakuza had a game for the PS Vita? How the hell did I never know about this? I know there was a game for the PSP, but I never got a chance to look at it.

Yeah, two of them. Black panther 1 and 2. I think there was a English patch in development but the dude stopped or something.

trixx

I like these OG Playstations, no gaudy colours or silly logos unlike what we tend to get these days.
ps1lemkugo.jpg

^beaten of course
PS one design is beautiful. Solid colours too make it look great. This is what it should look like.

This, the solid GameCube colour iterations are the peak imo for gaming consoles. When the design is good, can look good in any colour

The Xbox one s is the only console this gen to do something similar but it's still kinda big. Nintendo should come out with some solid colour variations for dock/joycons on the switch

The design is there. Speaking entirely about consoles. I think portable I'd go with a LE GBA SP or DS

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lots of awesome ones in this thread. I always liked the Panzer Dragoon Orta Xbox:

LE-001-Panzer.jpg

I wish the U.S. got more LE consoles/handhelds

Zakalwe

Banned
I like the DQ XI PS4

My two favorites are probably . . .

Xillia PS3

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS

Almost forgot the dark cobalt og ps2!

The Batman Arkham Knight PS4.

Used to own one before I sold it to help pay for the pro.

Still have the controller though.

16794978849_bbf16eee5f_c.jpg

I always really liked the Destiny PS4

I've always thought the FFXIII PS3s were pretty. I like the white/pink combo quite a bit.

I've always thought that Hello Kitty Dreamcast was really cute. I think there might have been a blue version as well.

33578d7ec62d491018aa66806d23921e.jpg

I don't think I'd ever own one of those, but yeah. I kinda like the color too.

I think this thing looks pretty neat.
fmNeAsL.jpg

Xbox-360-Star-Wars-Limited-Edition.jpg

Not even a huge Star Wars fan but this was pretty badass.

Halo4Console.jpg

easily the best

SEGA Game Gear Gold & Diamonds

zGuE5wG.jpg

Retailed at £55.000 in the UK.

Covered in 800 grams of gold and 46 carats of diamonds.

Edit:

dghy6Xd.jpg

I own this and really like it. Its like the main reason I wont sell my 360. Dont even play it anymore, but feel like I should keep it lol

161193_detail_v4.jpg

OP Said pretty guyz comeon.

Top Bottom