• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

I think God of War is going to end the conference.

I think they'll open with Sucker Punch, Lost Legacy or Days Gone. I don't think we'll see anything from The Last of Us Part II.

Edit: Oh yeah, Spiderman is a good candidate as well.

AAMARMO

Banned
Some may call me crazy but I made my own Sony E3 2017 Fake Schedule.
7aeQ3WY.png

EDIT: Also is there a SonyGAF Discord?

AmuroChan

Yep. The big issue is that Rockstar isn't really known for showing games at E3. The one recent exception was GTAV on the PS4, but that was a remaster rather than a new game.

That's true. So I'll be curious to see if that changes with Red Dead. Also, that's assuming the game isn't delayed to 2018.

Unless Sucker Punch is making another infamous game with the return of Cole. I can't see Sony starting with them, specially since it's most likely a New IP. They will definetly be 2nd.

Sony likes to start with a holy shit moment, so unless they are bringing back another franchise, It's either going to be Spider Man, Death Stranding or Detroit.

A black horse would be a new FromSoft exclusive, BB2 would be great but if it's a new IP by Miyazaki, everyone will lose their minds.

AndyVirus

So... how does Sony start the show off?

Bloodborne 2 (or other Souls-esque from From Software) or Spider-Man imo. Something that'll immediately make the crowd pop.

GoW won't be twice in a row, Sucker Punch's new IP won't have the above impact, and TLoU 2 I highly doubt will even be there considering Lost Legacy doesn't have a release date yet. Only other possibility is Red Dead 2 but this is Rockstar so I don't think it's at E3.

Zukkoyaki

Sony E3 2017 will open with 1-2 big first party announcements following by new first party trailers like they have the past couple of years and close with a gameplay demo.

I expect it to look something like...

- Bloodborne 2 announcement trailer
- Sucker Punch new IP announcement trailer
- Gran Turismo Sport release date trailer
- Uncharted: The Lost Legacy release date trailer
- Days Gone gameplay
- Spider-Man gameplay
- New first party VR announcement
- New third party VR announcement
- Dragon Quest XI trailer
- Assassin's Creed reboot gameplay
- Call of Duty 2017 trailer
- Destiny 2 debut gameplay
- Devil May Cry V announcement trailer
- God of War gameplay and release window

I never got an issue for last month.... moved apartments.. so im generally asking. I havent seen any info from other sites about the game in general other than what game informer has reported this past week.
Yea latest issue had some tidbits not enough to make me think June tho. Thinking September

Are we sure uncharted dlc wont be released pre e3

One of the main writers of Lost Legacy accidentally let it slip on twitter that he was going to be working hard on the game for at least 6 months. That's work until Aug-Sep which would tie really well for a release date for this type of game. E3 will bring a story trailer somewhere during the press conference.

As for TLOU P2, I'm thinking Q2 2019 for that game, so the most we'll see is another teaser at E3. But I expect some gameplay reveal at PSX this year.

Ahhh cool. I was thinking they would shoot for may release to mark 1 year and release game of the year edition this winter. How big did sony push the last of us: left behind?
Mmm idk I don't remember it being big but seeing how this is even getting a retail release I imagine they push it a good amount.

AndyVirus

Thinking lowkey that ND is gunning for a 2018 release with TLOU II. Don't be surprised if it's at the show
Don't roast me
Whether Naughty Dog publicly say 2018 or not, I don't think there's any chance. TLoU has to be barely in full production and a lot of the studio aren't even working on it (yet).

Also Sony needs to get Days Gone out the way first before ramping up more hype for TLoU. They may play completely differently but in the public eye it's post-apocalypse zombies so it can hamper Days Gone if they're even in the same year.

Last of Us can be an easy ace in the hole for PSX again.

newjeruse

Open with Horizon DLC followed by new Sucker Punch IP. Close with new Miyazaki exclusive.

In between you'll get:

-Detroit release date.
-Days Gone release window.
-Spider-Man gameplay
-GOW gameplay.
-Uncharted DLC release date.
-New Parappa announcement.

Top Bottom