• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek: Discovery |OT| To Boldly Stream Where No One Has Streamed Before

Effect

Suppose to be 15 episodes total with a break starting in November and the show coming back in January.

Of course they're going to see how it goes but early positive buzz, them feeling confident they might get a season 2 announcement sooner rather then later. I guess it depends on if Netflix is happy too.

Yeah the show went through a number of delays early on. Fuller was also doing American Gods at the same time and that got done first. According to some interviews he was late with scripts as well. Spreading yourself thin will do that. That's really all we know about the issues they were having. I imagine CBS was/is worried about it doing well. It being streaming only is a risk and a gamble to help build their All Access service.

I would take a lot of the concerns and issues you might find online with a grain of salt too. There is one youtube channel that likes spreading rumors only they seem to come across and even outright lies. Sadly some that have issues with this show even existing readily believe the channel.

Kevin

From those that have seen the first 2 episodes (some 3) I have seen nearly no negative comments at all. Not even small stuff.

I don't expect this show to be perfect out the gate. None of the Star Trek shows were 100% awesome on day one. I do think we will get a really solid first season and possibly a really amazing season 2 or 3 if the show performs well enough. I think the show is going to deliver in a big way and once the entire season is out, I think people will ultimately be pretty satisfied with the show.

Effect

Press Kit for the show is in wild.

http://discovery.trekcore.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=58&page=1

Image of the Discovery that was included.

ZoMoqIT.jpg

Not

Banned
Oh looks like it debuts tomorrow NIGHT.

This should be added to the OP:

When can you watch Star Trek: Discovery?

Star Trek: Discovery will air its first episode of the series on Sunday, Sept. 24 at 8:30/7:30c (time approximate following NFL Football and 60 Minutes) with a special broadcast premiere on the CBS Television Network. The episode will also be available to stream live and on-demand on CBS All Access.

Then, the second episode of Star Trek: Discovery will be made available on the CBS All Access that same night following the broadcast premiere.

After premiere night, all-new episodes will be made available on-demand weekly on Sundays after 8:30 ET/5:30 PT, exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers in the United States.

Also be sure to check out Star Trek: Discovery's companion after-show, After Trek, which will be available exclusively to CBS All Access subscribers on Sunday, Sept. 24 at 11 PM ET / 8 PM PT, following CBS All Access' launch of the first two episodes of Star Trek: Discovery.

Then, starting Sunday, Oct. 1st, all subsequent After Trek episodes will be available to stream live at 9:30 PM ET following new episodes of Star Trek: Discovery.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/star-trek-...-watch-star-trek-discovery-on-cbs-all-access/

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
The Sovereign class is sexy AF.

My man, love me that Sovereign class, easily one of the best looking Star Trek ships.

tumblr_o25i2zzK1m1rzu2xzo1_540.gif

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo3_400.gif

Press Kit for the show is in wild.

http://discovery.trekcore.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=58&page=1

Image of the Discovery that was included.

The Discovery looks like someone really liked the Ralph McQuarrie Phase 2 concept but also thought the Vengeance from Into Darkness was a design too sexy to pass up and leave as a one movie ship. So they had a baby.

+

=

Paganmoon

No, the inner circle of the saucer. You see how there's a gap between it and the outer ring, right?

There are bridges between the inner and outer circle though, and they look pretty static. Besides what function would it have?
Edit: Then again, what function does having it split into an outer and inner circle have anyway, so yeah, maybe it can spin :)

Not

Banned
There are bridges between the inner and outer circle though, and they look pretty static. Besides what function would it have?
Edit: Then again, what function does having it split into an outer and inner circle have anyway, so yeah, maybe it can spin :)

I don't know-- I'm sure there are logistic advantages to having a portion of the ship that can move around by itself.

The Discovery looks bad, and so does the CGI of it for the promos. Enterprise, a show made 17 years ago, looks to have better visual models. Why is this? Everything else on the show looks to have excellent production values except the ship.

CD93

Neo Member
The Discovery looks bad, and so does the CGI of it for the promos. Enterprise, a show made 17 years ago, looks to have better visual models. Why is this? Everything else on the show looks to have excellent production values except the ship.

The trailers have shown so little of the Discovery bar, like, one shot of it jumping to warp. Previews from the premiere have also indicated the CGI has been improved from the promos - as is to be expected. Remember that original concept video that people were freaking out over? Things change. We’ll finally get to judge it properly soon enough.

TrekMovie published more preview coverage including a link to a different element that might prove more divisive. Entirely spoiler tagging this bit and ask that others do the same. It’s not a Story leak or spoiler:

They drop F-bombs in Discovery.

I know that we’ve had Lily Sloane shout bullshit and Kirk in Trek 09 utter the same word but this feels like the first time the F-bomb hit the airwaves on Trek. I’m pretty sure purists are going to go crazy over this.

https://trekmovie.com/2017/09/23/ne...hotos-plus-producers-talk-canon-fit-and-more/

I can’t wait so see this (tomorrow morning)

Slayven

TrekMovie published more preview coverage including a link to a different element that might prove more divisive. Entirely spoiler tagging this bit and ask that others do the same. It’s not a Story leak or spoiler:

I know that we’ve had Lily Sloane shout bullshit and Kirk in Trek 09 utter the same word but this feels like the first time the F-bomb hit the airwaves on Trek. I’m pretty sure purists are going to go crazy over this.

https://trekmovie.com/2017/09/23/ne...hotos-plus-producers-talk-canon-fit-and-more/

Short in the Universal Translator

brian577

Banned

Swearing (unless it's done in the "unenlightened" past always came as cringe worthy to me)

Exhibit A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrm8TV7K4zo

TrekMovie published more preview coverage including a link to a different element that might prove more divisive. Entirely spoiler tagging this bit and ask that others do the same. It's not a Story leak or spoiler:

I know that we've had Lily Sloane shout bullshit and Kirk in Trek 09 utter the same word but this feels like the first time the F-bomb hit the airwaves on Trek. I'm pretty sure purists are going to go crazy over this.

I can't wait so see this (tomorrow morning)

Hmm. I don't want this.

Depends on the 'purists'. An F bomb doesn't strike me as any more divisive than something as crazy Section 31. The only thing I might take issue with is that younger viweees could be alienated, but having said that Star Trek has always felt like a franchise for adults to me, especially TNG and onwards.

Anyone know if this will be on Canadian Netflix tomorrow?
It will not.

Bell bought the rights of every Star Trek TV shows for Canada.

First episode of Discovery will air on CTV and Space, then the second episode (and the rest of the series) will air on Space.

And for the streaming rights in Canada, it is Bell again with CraveTV.

Not

Banned
Maybe they realized that the way we're going, even babies will say fuck in the future like it ain't no thing

Kevin

Can you watch the regular CBS tv on the all Access app? I would like to watch the premiere via CBS All-Access at 8:30. Anyone know if the regular cbs channel can run through CBS All-Access?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Can you watch the regular CBS tv on the all Access app? I would like to watch the premiere via CBS All-Access at 8:30. Anyone know if the regular cbs channel can run through CBS All-Access?

What do you mean, like you want to watch the episode at the same time as the tv broadcast? It'll be available on the app the exact same time as the OTA broadcast, 8:30pm Eastern

Kevin

What do you mean, like you want to watch the episode at the same time as the tv broadcast? It'll be available on the app the exact same time as the OTA broadcast, 8:30pm Eastern

Yup that's what I meant. I don't get regular channels but have the app. Awesome!

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I don’t. But purists will.

I've seen every episode and every movie of trek multiple times over. I have a Starfleet insignia tattooed on my body. I'm a pretty damn hardcore fan of trek.
But people who call themselves purists can eat shit, nothing worse than someone who can't accept change and wants to roll around on the ground having a tantrum because their thing is growing and moving on without them.

Top Bottom