• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt1200

You played it with or without the Extended Cut DLC?

Without. spoilers here:

I chose to destroy the reapers, at the end I saw a man telling a kid a story about shepard

The only thing that pissed me off is that other than multiplayer, there was no way to increase the readiness rating.

Without. spoilers here:

I chose to destroy the reapers, at the end I saw a man telling a kid a story about shepard

The only thing that pissed me off is that other than multiplayer, there was no way to increase the readiness rating.

You must not have been paying attention then, you could sink a ship with all the plotholes without the Extended Cut DLC.

MAX PAYMENT

Would anyone be opposed to a prothean based prequel?
It would sort of be like halo reach. You get to witness everything go wrong, and the main story is your team trying to hide information for the next life cycle.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Without. spoilers here:

The Extended cut makes increasing the readiness rating pointless, you can get the "best" ending without needing to go higher than 50% rating. But even with what i said sooner, beating the game with the Extended Cut is still much better than without it. Plus its free, why skipping it?

Trigger

It would sort of be like halo reach. You get to witness everything go wrong, and the main story is your team trying to hide information for the next life cycle.

The problem with prequels is that the end-game is already set up. There's little room for surprise, and I'm not sure I want to play a whole game as Samurai Space Jamaicans anyhow.

Bisnic

The problem with prequels is that the end-game is already set up. There's little room for surprise, and I'm not sure I want to play a whole game as Samurai Space Jamaicans anyhow.

Plus, Protheans all look the same, you wouldn't be able to see a difference between Captain Prothean, Engineer Prothean and Pilot Prothean.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
- No prequels.
- I never, ever want another Mass Effect on Earth.
- Limit the amount of humans in your party.
- Exploration is a must
- Get rid of the bullshit things 12 year old boys find awesome, like Space Nightwing
- Let the universe be the main focus
- Keep romance in, but make it more realistic. Not every person you want to fuck is going to reciprocate if you just say the right things. More stuff like Tali/Garrus falling for each other.
- Keep working on the combat, expand on what's there, don't constrict choices there.
- Keep the sound and music composers/designers. I know there was some changes, but overall the music was one of the best highlights. I preferred ME1 here, but that ending theme from ME3 was perfect.

Last night I finished ME3, I don't know what causes all the rage towards the ending, it seemed just ok to me, not bad, not great, just ok.
I never understood it either. I finished the game within a week of it coming out and thought the ending was fine.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

I would be. Move forward not backwards, especially not to another depressing entry. After a game like ME3 and how they ended things they can't just put that on hold and go play with the back story. The galaxy as we know it has been irreparably altered by their story choices and they should address them fully and show us how the galaxy has changed, for better or worse.

The Mass Relay System is possibly broken galaxy wide. Most of the known galaxy from Citadel Space to the Terminus systems and beyond have been utterly annihilated, whole worlds and systems have been completely wiped clean.

Hackett says they can rebuild and the MRS can be repaired, but how quickly and how evenly will this occur? How long will some areas of space be cut off from the rest, how will some regions respond to apparent favoritism or advantage that other systems/planets may have in rebuilding and gaining aid?

Will new technologies and forms of travel be developed away from the old Reaper tech and MRS, what new areas of the galaxy will open up to us because of this and what will we find there?

This is the type of stuff they should be thinking about and addressing in the next game, not digging into their history to play up what was. I mean going all the way back to the Protheans is a bit more novel then just going back a few years before the ME1-3 events, but it's still kind of pointless. The series is about the future and mankind being a part of that future.

m23

My friends and I just started a new playthrough of the trilogy, hopefully we'll complete it by the end of the summer. Needed to play this series once more before the end of the gen.

Give me ship battles!

Give Leviathan a role in the upcoming games.

Explore the dark matter stuff.

Don't be afraid to get outside of this galaxy.

Plus, Protheans all look the same, you wouldn't be able to see a difference between Captain Prothean, Engineer Prothean and Pilot Prothean.

Xenophobe.

I don't know I think you can make the alien species look different. Look at Krogans for an example.

You must not have been paying attention then, you could sink a ship with all the plotholes without the Extended Cut DLC.

Did you play mass effect 2? Did you have problems with the plotholes in that game?

The problem with mass effect 3's ending was that it didn't offer enough closure and left the player feeling ripped off, not plot holes. All the mass effect games have those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0Cf864P7E

Watch the whole thing if you're interested, Joe explains it fairly well. Note this was before the Extended Cut DLC.

This video is fucking awful. All it does is point out plot holes and yammer on about player choice instead of actually address why the ending is terrible. All of his complaints are things that happen in the series, and happen often. Why is the mass effect 3 ending held to higher standards than the rest of the series? Furthermore, after two games of this type of writing, why would you expect any different?

Honestly, the most baffling thing about this video is that all of his complaints were addressed in the Extended Cut DLC. The only one that isn't is his complaint about player choice. Does that mean Mass Effect 3 has a good ending? No. Now it works logistically, sure, but it still is thematically out of place and it's paced horribly.

Bisnic

Xenophobe.

I don't know I think you can make the alien species look different. Look at Krogans for an example.

The only race where each characters look different are the Asaris, and that's only because they have human faces. Most Krogans other than Wrex and Grunt share the same face model or two. Same with Salarians, Turians, Drells, Batarians, Volus, Vorchas, etc., they all look the same with maybe a slight difference once in a while. If it wasn't for Garrus's visor and his blue marks, he would look like all the other Turians.

I think the biggest reason why they'll go with another human crew is because its easier to make unique faces than it is for aliens. You'll have main characters from some races that will look different than the rest, and that's about it.

Arrith

Neo Member
  1. No prequel, move forward, a couple of thousand years if need be
  2. Better fleshed out side quests where you can actually explore, fight etc and interact with the NPCs not just by eaves dropping.
  3. Better quest tracking, as an example if you get a quest in act 1 that can only be completed in act 2, notify the user of such.
  4. Improve on combat from 3, though it was pretty good
  5. A number of classes, like the standard ones but can spec into some of the different multiplayer classes and their different flavours. Some of them were pretty damn awesome
  6. Some real space combat.
  7. Some customizations for weapons, armor, ship etc.

Bit of a bummer we will have to wait until possibly 2015 for it but I'll be glad for a longer wait if the game is better for it.

Mass Effect was my favorite new series this gen but I'm cautiously optimistic toward a new one.

The galaxy is so vast and the timeline so long that there will never be a limit on the amount go potential conflicts. However, there isn't much that can top creating a Shepard and assembling a group of fighters to save the galaxy.

The team at Bioware will have to get very creative in creating a new threat that can rival the Reapers.

I like this list as a start. Here are a couple of things I would like to add:

- let us go through the Citidel Mass Effect relay where persumably there are other relays to other galaxies. Why would the Reapers choose to only meddle in one galaxy out of billions.

- let players be explorers and chart other galaxies.

Yes, I think we have to go forward in time. If we go back in time, we're stuck in a situation/conflict with a known outcome and scope, like Halo Reach. Or we're just stuck in a game with a limited scope like DA2. I disliked that aspect of DA2 and preferred MC's story over reach for those reasons too. Part of Mass Effect's wonder was not knowing what kind of new creatures and worlds you would discover because the galaxy had that sense of mystery in its back pocket.

It's also part of the reason I'm upset they got rid of Shepard. I can understand a scenario where the hero has to die, but I thought it was executed poorly, so I feel it's shitty Shepard is locked out of the story going forward.

daninthemix

I remember being not even remotely interested in Mass Effect when the reviews came out - I like RPGs but not sci-fi ones. My missus got it and started to enjoy it rather a lot, so I had a go and was hooked.

Atmosphere, music, voice acting. Just completely immersive.

The problem with mass effect 3's ending was that it didn't offer enough closure and left the player feeling ripped off, not plot holes. All the mass effect games have those.

Lets not forget the original end game message which was basically "ta for playing now buy more of our shit".

The only race where each characters look different are the Asaris, and that's only because they have human faces. Most Krogans other than Wrex and Grunt share the same face model or two. Same with Salarians, Turians, Drells, Batarians, Volus, Vorchas, etc., they all look the same with maybe a slight difference once in a while. If it wasn't for Garrus's visor and his blue marks, he would look like all the other Turians.

I think the biggest reason why they'll go with another human crew is because its easier to make unique faces than it is for aliens. You'll have main characters from some races that will look different than the rest, and that's about it.

I think a lot of this was more down to the limitations of the hardware the game was running on. These days 512mbs of RAM isn't big enough to fit a subway sandwich in. There were duplicated textures all over the place. A good example is sheploo and femsheps body. There appears to be only one human body type in the entire game and they all have the same moles and details.

Bisnic

Lets not forget the original end game message which was basically "ta for playing now buy more of our shit".

I think a lot of this was more down to the limitations of the hardware the game was running on. These days 512mbs of RAM isn't big enough to fit a subway sandwich in. There were duplicated textures all over the place. A good example is sheploo and femsheps body. There appears to be only one human body type in the entire game and they all have the same moles and details.

Eh, its true and its funny how i never noticed the lack of fat or small people in Mass Effect universe. Everyone has the same height, weight and the perfect body type.

But i dont expect we will see 20 different kind of Krogan/Turian/Salarian/etc. faces in the next game. That would require too much work and they'll probably focus their efforts somewhere else.
Like putting Geoff as a galactic journalist am i right?

Subitai

I don't care what they do with the story. However, I do know whatever they do, it will unsatisfy a lot of people.

I'm guessing what will we find is in a few hundred years is the Levithans are fed up with the rest of the galaxy's bickering and try to impose order by force. Covertly ME1/ME2 style or overtly ME3 style. You're in a position to join Liara, Grunt, and maybe EDI in exposing/resisting the Levithans. That's just my guess though, and if they go another direction, I'm anxious to see what it is.

Vashetti

Banned
I don't care what they do with the story. However, I do know whatever they do, it will unsatisfy a lot of people.

I'm guessing what will we find is in a few hundred years is the Levithans are fed up with the rest of the galaxy's bickering and try to impose order by force. Covertly ME1/ME2 style or overtly ME3 style. You're in a position to join Liara, Grunt, and maybe EDI in exposing/resisting the Levithans. That's just my guess though, and if they go another direction, I'm anxious to see what it is.

Yes, more Leviathans please.

In the Leviathan DLC they agree to help you, and then:

tumblr_mi30b3m0ra1rxwuovo1_250.gif

Bisnic

I would prefer if they forget about Leviathans, otherwise when they will officially reveal the next game, they'll go :

Introducing the new Mass Effect : Now with Leviathans/Organic Reapers! Defend the galaxy against this new threat! They're huge, they look like squids and they can mind control everything!

It will feel like deja vu.

RedSwirl

I agree that planet-hopping is pretty integral to Mass Effect. That sense of exploration is a lot of what keeps me playing the games. Plus, few other RPGs do it.

Even with the Blade Runner angle, I'd want it to at least take you to a handful of different locations throughout the galaxy. The original Deus Ex takes place in three different cities along with several more locations. The first Mass Effect had a few hub-like areas: the Citadel, Feros, and two small areas in Noveria. Mass Effect 2 had the Citadel, Omega, and Illum. That's not counting all the random planets in-between.

I would prefer if they forget about Leviathans, otherwise when they will officially reveal the next game, they'll go :

Introducing the new Mass Effect : Now with Leviathans/Organic Reapers! Defend the galaxy against this new threat! They're huge, they look like squids and they can mind control everything!

Definitely agreed. While I thought the Leviathan reveal was cool in the context of "where the Reapers originally came from," the idea of them as the next set of antagonists doesn't appeal to me at all. Not to mention that, since they were introduced in an optional DLC, it would mean that probably 1/4 of ME4 would be explaining what they are to series newbies and to the folks who didn't play Leviathan.

I know I'll probably get a lot of people throwing things at me for this one, but I think ME4 could take a lot of inspiration from, of all games, Dragon Age 2. Not the whole "only five locations reskinned" thing, but the idea of a central conflict that isn't really "heroes vs. villains," and a main character who, while important to the events, isn't the all-powerful, near Messiah that Shepard ended up being. Would definitely prefer something like that to, "Oh, no, we found a whole new, extremely powerful alien race that wants to destroy us all. Shepard 2.0, go kill them all!"

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
My hope is that they put all that Mass Effect 3 DLC(PS3) on sale before the launch of the new consoles so I can actually play all that stuff.

levyjl1988

Banned
Things I hated:

1. Pointless Collectable missions.
ie) Mass Effect 1

Galaxy Collection asignments come to mind in Mass Effect 1. These assignments involve travelling aross Citadel spaceto hunt down numerous hidden collectables.

UNC: Prothean Data Discs
UNS: Turian Insignias
UNC: Valuable Minerals
UNC: Locale Signs of Battle
UNC: Asari Writings.

The problem with this is that it became quite a chore especially for the completionists in ME. It was an uncessary side quest that cannot be tracked. Which ones have I collected, which ones I haven't. Which planet did I visit, which planets I didn't?

2. Scanning Planets.
ie) Mass Effect 2

Good good this is terrible game design. Not only did Bioware want to extend the replayability of the game they made this pointless mini-game a bloody chore. For the completionists like me I bled each and every planet dry to deleption (just because I'm ADD like that). It hindered the flow of the game preventing you to get to the meat of the game. This is also a kick in the nuts for replay value, to rescan all the planets AGAIN. I can understand this was eliminated in Mass Effect 3 to cut down on the montony, which I liked, but why not just remove it all together? In the end when replaying the game to full completion players would have a checklist, visit here, check this out, get reward here. How about we focus instead on interesting side quests than damn annoying treasure hunts. It's like finding a needle in a hay thread.

3. Knowing which planet is in which cluster.
ie) Mass Effect 1

First time through this can be quite overwhelming. Often I kept referring to a guide, which planet belonged in which cluster. Kind of wished it was streamlined with a better interface to show which planets belong where.

4. Skipping Dialogue also skips choices if you're in a rsuh.
ie) Mass Effect 1

Skipping dialogue also causes players to skip choices. Knowing what the npc is going to say I repeatedly press X, then when a choice appears it forces me to select the most neutral choice. This is annoying as hell. Skipping dialogue should only skip dialogue but NEVER choices. So many oppertunities missed in selecting the choice I want.

5. Poorly implemented Achievements.
ie) Mass Effect 1

Complete the majority of the game with the (Turian, Quarian, Asari, Krogan, Sentinel, Solider) squad member.

This is the case when achievements dictate how you play the game. I thought this was all about making choices, but when a game hints sublminally on who should be in your party 75% of the time and make it missable, this aggrevates the player. The best use of achievements to satisfy players is quest achievements, that way players are inclined to do that quest and see the developers hard work, but at the same time they can make the in game descions for themselves.

6. Character Face Customization

Offer more choices in face character customization.
ie) Best character customization in a game so far: Saints Row the Third.
Do that! Also offer the ability for players to remake the character's face early on if they aren't satisfied with the changes, like what Dragon Age 2 did. It worked with the mirror (because of magic, duh), I sure Bioware can come up with an excuse in game for a reason. In addition have a character face code at all time like Mass Effect 2 so people can replicate it. For reasons unknown why this code isn't present in New game + baffles me.

7. Understand the player.

There are players who are obsessed with your franchises, some players are of the casual kind, they will play only the story missions, a bit of the assignments and done. Going through one playthrough. Others are completionists. Going to max Shepard's level, do every side quests, listen to every dialogue choice, etc. Why make it a chore for these players? Why all the scanning of the planets AGAIN, in their second playthrough, or reacquiring certain upgrades all over again, or doing quests that involve going to this planet again and acquiring them. Quality over quanity. It's not about dumbing down the experience, but making the gameplay exciting instead of tedious ways of trying to artifically extending a game, this can be done by new game + and listening to different result of choices.

8. Save limit restrictions.
ie) Mass Effect 1-3

The idea of restricting certain amount of saves per character is annoying as hell. Save limit restrictions SHOULD only be done if there is not enough space on the HDD to allow it. But restricting saves on account for the game, WTF. Allow the flexability as KOTOR did.

9. Spent more time in menu than playing the game.
ie) Mass Effect 1

Character customizing is great, retrofitting your squad with certain equipment and gear. But in ME1 it was a mess and felt cumbersome. Glad they simplied it in ME3. Micromanaging everything can be a chore. I understand the players who want to min and max stats and things, but too much of it takes away from the game.

10. Mass Effect Genesis was limited

It did not have the small decsions that would carry over. What if I wanted to see Kerrahe alive, or Wrex with his armor? No I have to play ME1 again. At least an option menu to flag this as yes or no instead or replaying a game over again to see the result.

11. Certain classes can only use certain weapons.
ie) Mass Effect 1

When my class is untrained for using a weapon it gets annoying as hell. Glad they fixed this in later installments.

Now for things I did like.

1. New Game +
Because certain things carried over, Shepard's existing level, paragone levels, collectables like fish and ships. Also there are bonuses like exp, credts, and resources that stay. Though Bioware should make it an effort to tell the player what carries over and what benefits are had to redoing a second playthorugh.

that's all I can think of so far. But Mass Effect was a great experience, it's polished, but there should be more critical thinking done by developers to minimize the aggravation from players in terms of game design and user comfortability.

chriskun

Thanks for making this thread OP, I was just wondering what the state of this franchise was. I've recently been replaying ME3 on a renegade runthrough, and man renegade in ME3 is so much better than paragon, there is some really heavy, breaking bad-esque fucked up shit you can do. Excited to see what the extended cut adds.

5. Poorly implemented Achievements.
ie) Mass Effect 1

Complete the majority of the game with the (Turian, Quarian, Asari, Krogan, Sentinel, Solider) squad member.

This is the case when achievements dictate how you play the game. I thought this was all about making choices, but when a game hints sublminally on who should be in your party 75% of the time and make it missable, this aggrevates the player. The best use of achievements to satisfy players is quest achievements, that way players are inclined to do that quest and see the developers hard work, but at the same time they can make the in game descions for themselves.

I don't see a problem with achievements that encourage you to encounter more dialogue scenarios.

Yes, more Leviathans please.

In the Leviathan DLC they agree to help you, and then:

tumblr_mi30b3m0ra1rxwuovo1_250.gif

This was a major problem with the DLC and it is really amateur the way Bioware handled things. With ME 3 being the finale any DLC had to be "self contained" and the outcome from the DLC had to be done in such away that it had no impact on the main story (cos the story was effectively over). With the Leviathan DLC it would have been far preferable if the Leviathans had been destroyed.

The same shoddiness was present with Omega. Aria spends an age bitching about how much she hates the Citadel and cannot wait to get off the bureaucratic hell hole. So you do the DLC and guess what Aria is still sat on her fat arse on the Citadel claiming "she can manage Omega more effectively from here". I mean come onnnnnn Bioware. They could've at least put some effort into removing her and putting one of her hence men there for any missions the player hadn't done yet.

The more I think about ME 3, the DLC's and the Mass Effect story the more I conclude they didn't really have any fucking clue what to do after Mass Effect 1 so they just made it up as they went along and it SHOWS. This is one of the main reasons why I have no interest in continuing the Mass Effect series, I have absolutely no faith in them being able to produce a competent engaging series anymore since they literally winged it with Mass Effect.

Vashetti

Banned
The same shoddiness was present with Omega. Aria spends an age bitching about how much she hates the Citadel and cannot wait to get off the bureaucratic hell hole. So you do the DLC and guess what Aria is still sat on her fat arse on the Citadel claiming "she can manage Omega more effectively from here". I mean come onnnnnn Bioware. They could've at least put some effort into removing her and putting one of her hence men there for any missions the player hadn't done yet.

Really great points.

And yeah, Omega DLC sounds like such a clusterfuck. For that price they couldn't make Omega a permanent hubworld where you can wander around and see Aria there instead of still being parked on her ass at the Citadel?

It screams laziness.

Patryn

Fuck it. I'm going to do something I swore to never do after that shitty ME3 ending. I'm going to play through the games again with a new character. I may even buy the ME3 DLC if things go well.

Advice, if you've already beaten ME3: Get at least the Citadel DLC, play through ME3 to just before the point of no return. Then play the Citadel DLC. That now becomes your ending. After completing that, turn off the system.

I guarantee you will leave with much better feelings towards ME than you did after getting the "real ending".

Bisnic

Advice, if you've already beaten ME3: Get at least the Citadel DLC, play through ME3 to just before the point of no return. Then play the Citadel DLC. That now becomes your ending. After completing that, turn off the system.

I guarantee you will leave with much better feelings towards ME than you did after getting the "real ending".

Yeah, when you see that scene(not very spoilerish for those who havent played the DLC, just Shepard and co. looking at the Normandy) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXYGh8vftCg&feature=player_detailpage#t=163s

...just pretend that these words appear on the screen after this and turn off the game :
"And Shepard went and defeated the Reapers. The End."

i-Lo

Pertaining to visuals, will the days of low resolution armours/suits on be a thing of the past with ME4?

Subitai

History repeats itself in some way. Before humans, there were the Rachni Wars and Krogan rebellion.

People keep sharing their hopes and other people knock them down with, "Yeah, I don't want that at all." I don't see how Bioware can still win over some people.

Again, I will like whatever they throw out because it will probably entail a new posse that I can go around the galaxy doing epic stuff with. You know like in KotOR.

Thought about it some more, I wouldn't be surprised if they shave a few squadmates and possibly cut femAvatar entirely. 18% of all play throughs is a small amount for all of the voice acting it took and this isn't GTA we're talking about, where there are enough casual buyers to subsidize more hardcore players.

By ending Mass Effect 3 with a simple resource intensive galactic battle, you'd have an interesting universe state to follow on. Think post WW1/WW2 (especially the latter). The Reapers gone, and now every species playing clean-up. The war doesn't end with the Reapers, as you're then tasked with rebuilding, resources, refugees, food, diplomacy, and so on.

It would also be an interesting narrative premise that avoids the "other big bad guy" trope so much fictional literature succumbs to. No "bigger threat" to the Reapers, but now having to deal with each other.

They could still do this if they pick an ending, or make up a middle ground, and go with it. But I don't think they will.

I am still reading the thread but this is how I want the next Mass Effect to be.

I don't feel they should scrap the story they built over the trilogy. The story just needs to be told better. The ME universe now knows the Reapers only invade every 50k years. A ton can happen before another Reaper invasion.

Set the game in one galaxy with one broken mass effect relay. The game should be about the rebuild. You will still have plenty of good and evil. Imagine the power for the faction that is first to get that mass relay working; if that is even possible. It could be dangerous just trying to get it working since it is unknown tech.

I want to be someone new and still have the morality choices. Do I choose to rule as a Prothean, where only the strong matter? Do I align with the Krogan or try to destroy them before they rule the galaxy again? I want to recruit and make alignments with who I want to.

I feel another trilogy can be made and honestly feel the Mass Effect universe can stand the test of time if the stories are told well. Bioware really did build an amazing universe and characters that rival Star Trek and Star Wars. So I am so ready for more. Just no more fuck ups, mmmmkay...

Omega

Banned
I love the series, despite how shitty ME3 is.

My hopes are already crushed. I was hoping for no Mac Walters. I wonder what shitty movie he'll draw inspiration from this time..

btw any PC players want to play multiplayer my origin id is R0bNBanks.

Dr.Acula

Banned
My only hope is that they don't go through writers like they're whores and build a new series with some internal consistencies and keep it free of plot-holes.

I am still reading the thread but this is how I want the next Mass Effect to be.

Unfortunately the way they ended Mass Effect means they cannot do that without null and voiding at least one ending.

You can have a sequel with the red/blue endings they are very similar in terms of what happened at the end (just minor differences that can be explained away easily).

However you have the great big green elephant in the room which is referred to as the green ending. That ending (which apparently appears to be Bioware and Mac Walters favourite) changes the universe so drastically that any attempt to "explain it away" is just going to look borderline retarded.

They really painted themselves into a corner with the ME 3 ending. I personally believed they never intended to take the ME universe any further into the future past ME 3.

They really painted themselves into a corner with the ME 3 ending. I personally believed they never intended to take the ME universe any further into the future past ME 3.

Aye, and I'm pretty sure they said themselves at the time that it was intended as a full stop at the end of the Mass Effect universe timeline.

I'd quite like them to make, as a follow-up "trilogy", three games set 100 years after each of the ME:3 endings.

Pertaining to visuals, will the days of low resolution armours/suits on be a thing of the past with ME4?

I actually think visuals are one area the next ME will deliver. Frostbite 3 looks absolutely incredible and I'm already giddy imagining how good it will look....goddamn.

Bisnic

I'm so used to play Mass Effect with shitty res on armor/cloth, that playing the game with high res mods right now feels... weird.

Damn you Bioware for making me used to your shitty cloth resolution.

Faces always looked great though, can't wait to see how much better they will look in Frostbite 3.

I'm so used to play Mass Effect with shitty res on armor/cloth, that playing the game with high res mods right now feels... weird.

Damn you Bioware for making me used to your shitty cloth resolution.

Faces always looked great though, can't wait to see how much better they will look in Frostbite 3.

I'm sure you've seen the fan renders of an ME game in Unreal Engine, and even it looked phenomenal. I'm sure they'll be able to pull off something even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nswWJ-Nyuz4

jzHjY8iCxsPAa.png

j6E6fAZmeS7EF.png

mass-effect-3-unreal-engine-3-x.jpg

8490612853_6f573936ed_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom