• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Season Pass Announced

mojiimbo

Does anyone know of any discounted or can just recommended a great place to preorder B2? It looks like Gamestop has an exclusive (ugh) arena or something, but I'm not sure if there are other greater deals around.

Missed that GMG deal. Looking for Xbox 360.
Microsoft has the game + free shipping + 1600 MSP + $10 future use coupon for $60 total on their online store. Only caveat is I'm not sure what kind of shipping they use on preorders so it might be a few days until you get the game after launch.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/Borderlands-2-for-Xbox-360/productID.242704300/

Jo-El

Another season pass? When will gamers learn? Every time people complain about they feel burnt by the quality of the DLC, but that's what you get for payin for unannounced content

Includes access to four brand new individual add-on content campaigns for Borderlands 2 as they become available.

Add-on content packs are scheduled to be released following the game’s launch through June 2013.

Each campaign will feature several hours of gameplay and introduce new adventures, allies, enemies and environments.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218560/

I think they're being pretty clear about what you're getting. The DLC for the first game was mostly very good, I don't see why this will be any different.

Orayn

I think they're being pretty clear about what you're getting. The DLC for the first game was mostly very good, I don't see why this will be any different.

Pretty much. This is a nicely discounted pre order and nothing more.

Meier

I think they are trying to use the Mechromancer class as the incentive to buy rather than rent.

http://www.borderlands2.com/preorder/index.html

Ahh, that's cool. I was planning on probably buying since I loved the original so much but wasn't sure what to do. Hmm.. FIFA and this is going to be costly.

Microsoft has the game + free shipping + 1600 MSP + $10 future use coupon for $60 total on their online store. Only caveat is I'm not sure what kind of shipping they use on preorders so it might be a few days until you get the game after launch.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/Borderlands-2-for-Xbox-360/productID.242704300/

Damn that's a helluva deal. Might have to go ahead and do this.

In my absent mindedness, I completely forgot(and didn't realize) I had been signed up for the BL2 OT.

I'm currently busy with "stuff" so I want to put the OT back out there for somebody to make. I know this is on a terribly short notice but I hope another bright soul can give BL2 the short n sweet OT it deserves.

Any takers?

Funny, I was actually going to ask about the OT earlier today and I saw your post. Quoting in hopes that someone capable will step up.

Chris R

Was just going to ask about an OT because the game is less than 2 weeks out now. I need to do some research about the online stuff because I'm not 100% sure what has changed from the first game.

And that Microsoft deal is tempting, but I think I'll just stick with Amazon for now :(

The Chef

After watching that 6 min character video I feel like each has it's kinda interesting perks but then you have Zero who seems like the most bad-ass choice you can make. Epic sniping and you have a katana? Why even consider the other classes? The rest seem pretty boring I'm comparison.

After watching that 6 min character video I feel like each has it's kinda interesting perks but then you have Zero who seems like the most bad-ass choice you can make. Epic sniping and you have a katana? Why even consider the other classes? The rest seem pretty boring I'm comparison.

Some people might not like sniping and melee?

FerranMG

I'd be all down for Zero if it were more centered on all guns and not so much on sniping.
I don't like sniping, and much less in a game like Borderlands.

BTW, it seems the game got a 95% on GamesMaster. (vg247 link)

I've been pretty jaded about games for the last time, but Borderlands 2 has me on the verge of even preordering. Very excited to see how it does.

When's the OT due?

derFeef

Sniper seems pretty boring to me...
Hooray, diversity!

Sanjay

Got a link to that video?

I have tried the assassin type class in the first game and I absolutely disliked the sniping in the game mainly because of the fact the enemies were too fast, had a shit ton of health and could immediately spot you from where you shot them.

They need to have made a complete overhaul for me to even consider a class like that again, especially when the Siren class proved to be the most versatile and fun.

I have tried the assassin type class in the first game and I absolutely disliked the sniping in the game mainly because of the fact the enemies were too fast, had a shit ton of health and could immediately spot you from where you shot them.

They need to have made a complete overhaul for me to even consider a class like that again, especially when the Siren class proved to be the most versatile and fun.

Yeah, I tried sniping with Mordecai and never really liked it. But man, that pistol tree! Great fun!

Yeah, I tried sniping with Mordecai and never really liked it. But man, that pistol tree! Great fun!

The pistol tree and his bird saved the entire class especially when said bird could regen your health every couple of seconds on the later levels. That class was overkill when you reached the end.

I still found the elemental tree of Lilith to be the most fun because you could actually carry weapons that damaged certain types of enemies more. It created a very tactical game.

FerranMG

My main problem with what I've seen so far is that I don't really like much any class.
I played as a Siren in Broderlands, but never liked her Phasewalk ability.

I like to play with shotguns, rifles and, to a lesser extent, with smg.
I'm leaning towards the Gunzerker for Borderlands 2 (what's his name? The guy that can dual wield guns), but again, I don't think his special ability fits my playstyle. :/

My main problem with what I've seen so far is that I don't really like much any class.
I played as a Siren in Broderlands, but never liked her Phasewalk ability.

I like to play with shotguns, rifles and, to a lesser extent, with smg.
I'm leaning towards the Gunzerker for Borderlands 2 (what's his name? The guy that can dual wield guns), but again, I don't think his special ability fits my playstyle. :/

Maya does not have the phasewalk ability but some sort of stasis 'bubble' that holds an enemy in its place for some time.

This game has 5 (if you preorder otherwise it's 4) classes that are suited for everyone. If there is nothing in there you do not like you must have a pretty weird taste.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was just talking about the Season Pass. There was a pricing error on Steam which reduced the price to 50% off, all purchases were honored.

Even better -- it was more than half off. Somebody at Valve set the price of the Season Pass to that which will be slapped on each piece of DLC for individual sale, so in the case of Steam AU, it was incorrectly priced at $16 instead of $40.

FerranMG

Maya does not have the phasewalk ability but some sort of stasis 'bubble' that holds an enemy in its place for some time.

This game has 5 (if you preorder otherwise it's 4) classes that are suited for everyone. If there is nothing in there you do not like you must have a pretty weird taste.

Well, 5th class won't be available for the next few weeks.
The pashelock ability the Siren has in Borderlands 2 seems appealing, but if like more the ability trees from other classes.
It's not that I don't like anything about the different classes. It's more that I don't find one that completely fits my playstyle.

Well, 5th class won't be available for the next few weeks.
The pashelock ability the Siren has in Borderlands 2 seems appealing, but if like more the ability trees from other classes.
It's not that I don't like anything about the different classes. It's more that I don't find one that completely fits my playstyle.

That is the power of Borderlands from the way I see it. All the classes has something that every player wants but just can not get. In order to get everything you need to team up and coop the entire game so everyone compliments one's positives and negatives.

Soviet

Banned
Off-topic question: anyone knows if Borderlands 2 has the same system of respawning enemies constantly? It killed the first game or me.

Majukun

Off-topic question: anyone knows if Borderlands 2 has the same system of respawning enemies constantly? It killed the first game or me.

if you mean when you live an area and then re-enter it,i think it will still be the same...otherwise after a couple of hours the borderlands will be a pretty lonely place.

Even better -- it was more than half off. Somebody at Valve set the price of the Season Pass to that which will be slapped on each piece of DLC for individual sale, so in the case of Steam AU, it was incorrectly priced at $16 instead of $40.

here in europe it was 9,99 euros instead of 29,99

Soviet

Banned
if you mean when you live an area and then re-enter it,i think it will still be the same...otherwise after a couple of hours the borderlands will be a pretty lonely place.
They were respawnig even if you stayed in one instance for too long.

Majukun

They were respawnig even if you stayed in one instance for too long.

never happened that to me..sometimes in pretty big areas it happens that in certain part of these,away from the players enemies respawn..but it's in the nature of a gem like borderlands,which rely on exp and loot to give you constantly things to shoot at.

Soviet

Banned
never happened that to me..sometimes in pretty big areas it happens that in certain part of these,away from the players enemies respawn..but it's in the nature of a gem like borderlands,which rely on exp and loot to give you constantly things to shoot at.
But I have to pick up every worthless piece of gear and go sell it! :D It take me ages to finish a game :p.

dose

The DLC for the first game was mostly very good, I don't see why this will be any different.
Just because the original game's DLC was ok means this will be too? Paying upfront for something we know nothing about quality-wise? I'll pass thanks.

harrytang

in the ign vid Randy says it takes a little bit of time. I think for an hour the ign player goes back to the same area a few times and everything was back. looks like it only takes about 15 minutes. good enough if you die and have to run back through so you can avoid enemies, but engineered so you can farm for loot and xp if you in the mood.

Orayn

Just because the original game's DLC was ok means this will be too? Paying upfront for something we know nothing about quality-wise? I'll pass thanks.

The same can be said of any pre order. Don't buy it if you don't have faith in the concept and the people making it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Considering that the Season Pass description pegs the included DLC as akin to that of the original in terms of content, I don't think a good faith purchase is unreasonable.

harrytang

for me, all signs point to heavy success for bl2. ive followed all media pretty heavily, i see and hear the dedication from the team, budget doubled based on bl 1 success, so for me it's easy to trust gearbox. first game and dlc experiments that ended up being pretty damn good. with almost every issue address for round two im super confident gearbox knocking this out the park. i bought the season pass, but may not be for everyone.

SinSilla

xYglL.jpg

Borderlands 2 is rollin! This one located in Berlin Germany (spandau arcaden) in case someone likes to go there.

Was all locked up this morning, so had no chance to try the game yet..

Edit: can i not post dropbox hosted images like that?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
>>Game about guns
>>Pick melee class/build

Sounds like a resounding NOPE for me.

Xanathus

Seriously having a character heavily focused on melee doesn't make any sense in Borderlands. It's the same problem as Brick in BL 1, since there isn't an equipment component to meleeing (aside from that gun attachment that increases melee damage) it either becomes overpowered or under-powered eventually as there's nothing to balance it out.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Seriously having a character heavily focused on melee doesn't make any sense in Borderlands. It's the same problem as Brick in BL 1, since there isn't an equipment component to meleeing (aside from that gun attachment that increases melee damage) it either becomes overpowered or under-powered eventually as there's nothing to balance it out.

Zer0 isn't heavily focused on melee. He has one tree that is and its really good. If you spec all the way down, he can actually chain kills in deception which makes him invisible and distracts enemies from attacking him as he makes a new clone.

He can slice enemies with Execute, stay stealthed, and continue chaining with "Many Must Fall". It actually is really handy. Not to mention he has a skill called "Be Like Water" which benefits him going from Melee to Gun and back again which provides bonuses if he alternates his attacks between both.

His Cunning Tree is more about support/debuffing/etc but with some good gun skills as well. Internally we have a build for a "Shotgun Backstabber" with him in that tree.

In his Sniping Tree is mainly focused around Sniper Rifles and ensuring he can get critical hits for massive damage.

iNvid02

Zer0 isn't heavily focused on melee. He has one tree that is and its really good. If you spec all the way down, he can actually chain kills in deception which makes him invisible and distracts enemies from attacking him as he makes a new clone.

He can slice enemies with Execute, stay stealthed, and continue chaining with "Many Must Fall". It actually is really handy. Not to mention he has a skill called "Be Like Water" which benefits him going from Melee to Gun and back again which provides bonuses if he alternates his attacks between both.

His Cunning Tree is more about support/debuffing/etc but with some good gun skills as well. Internally we have a build for a "Shotgun Backstabber" with him in that tree.

In his Sniping Tree is mainly focused around Sniper Rifles and ensuring he can get critical hits for massive damage.

i think im gonna go with zero's melee build so thats all good to hear, shotgun backstabber sounds very appealing

congrats on the reviews so far btw

MrBS

I took a chance with Saints Row and was burned. I'm not sure I can do the same with Borderlands 2 after that experience. Definately not happening if a full run down of the content isn't revealed prior to purchase.
Welp I just purchased for $22.50 from greenmangaming.com. So weak.

Top Bottom