• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Using VPN to access NFL Gamepass in North America (alternative to DTV's $300 stream)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

yep, first time I've seen them ask for money using Netherlands in unblocker. Guess they got fed up. Shit that was working this morning isn't now.

I think it is because of this: http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/fox-international-channels-scores-nfl-rights-for-parts-of-europe/

We need to find another country that doesn't have NFL TV rights now. Apparently both Argentina and New Zealand were free last season as well, but unfortunately Hola Unblocker doesn't offer them as options.

Damn I should have just stuck with the collectors edition of Madden. Now I am gonna have to go to a sports bar every Sunday to watch the Eagles. :(

hlhbk

Damn I should have just stuck with the collectors edition of Madden. Now I am gonna have to go to a sports bar every Sunday to watch the Eagles. :(

Or you could just pay for gamespass which I have outlined is a much better service? I mean come on guys the idea here was never to get the games for free. My intent was to encourage you guys to play for Gamepass and hopefully the NFL would take notice and bring their service to the USA.

gutshot

Or you could just pay for gamespass which I have outlined is a much better service? I mean come on guys the idea here was never to get the games for free. My intent was to encourage you guys to play for Gamepass and hopefully the NFL would take notice and bring their service to the USA.

Can you even pay for the service if you don't have a UK address? That was part of my hesitation to subscribe.

How can I pay for gamepass if I am in the US? I would love to pay for gamepass. I was hesitant about Sunday Ticket after all the complaints last year but the nfl.com stream has been amazing quality. I would happily pay for it if it was available in the US.

border

So basically the best option now is just to buy Madden Anniversary Edition, then immediately exchange it to Amazon/Gamestop after you've redeemed the Sunday Ticket code? That seems like the cheapest way, and the least hassle.

hlhbk

How can I pay for gamepass if I am in the US? I would love to pay for gamepass. I was hesitant about Sunday Ticket after all the complaints last year but the nfl.com stream has been amazing quality. I would happily pay for it if it was available in the US.

Same way you can sign up for PSN in the UK without having an actual UK address? Go to a VPN, grab a random street address in the UK, and sign up.

hlhbk

So basically the best option now is just to buy Madden Anniversary Edition, then immediately exchange it to Amazon/Gamestop after you've redeemed the Sunday Ticket code? That seems like the cheapest way, and the least hassle.

If you want a terrible quality feed yes that woud be the way to do it.

Mesoian

Aww man...I do declare, this was a sweet sweet system. I'm more than willing to pay for it though, the package is far better than what the stuff in the Madden package is offering.

Wait, is this available in the US now? It's letting me sign up for it and pay with american currency.

Good to know if push comes to shove. I had no problems this afternoon.

k6pT41u.png

sorry to make an off-topic post, but I'm trying to get enough people for a 3rd GAF Fantasy Football League (free) and figured there might be a few people in here who want to join. If you do just PM me with your email you want to sign up with, if you never have before you'll need to make an account at ESPN

but anyway back on topic, as of right now GamePass is still working fine for me through a NL VPN

Seanspeed

Banned
Maybe it was just how I read it but it sure sounded that way in the quoted text above. If I misread I apologize.
Yea, I wasn't complaining about the help itself(which was appreciated), just the process involved, because it wasn't working for me and I just want a simple, reliable service when I want to watch a game. No jumping through hoops and worrying if things might not work.

I'm having the same issues Seanspeed is. I'm working on it and will let anyone know if I find a solution. Thanks for the info.
I know its working for some people still, but I think I'm going to just pay for the service outright. I'm worried that they'll switch it over at some point to a pay service and then I'll be out the money for the VPN on top of having to pay for GamePass. Plus, I can just breathe easy when it comes time to watch.

So, what is the best VPN to use for this? I'm in the same boat as Seanspeed, I don't mind paying for GamePass, I just want something reliable, and Hola Unblocker was hit or miss in my testing.

Recommendations for VPNs?

So, what is the best VPN to use for this? I'm in the same boat as Seanspeed, I don't mind paying for GamePass, I just want something reliable, and Hola Unblocker was hit or miss in my testing.

Recommendations for VPNs?

I have just been using the free Kepard VPN, you only have to connect to it to access the site and start the stream, once the stream has started you can disconnect from the VPN

So far its worked every time I've tried

I have just been using the free Kepard VPN, you only have to connect to it to access the site and start the stream, once the stream has started you can disconnect from the VPN

Is it free? I can't click it at work but I saw something about "free 30 minutes" on google.

MickD

This is awesome. Thanks guys. Anyway to use it with mobile? Seems you have to have the app which I can't download :/

acevans2

Has anyone else tried this and gone to gamepass.nfl.com only to find it asking for payment? I'm not sure why it seems to work for some and not others. My Netherlands VPN is definitely active.

olympia

sorry to make an off-topic post, but I'm trying to get enough people for a 3rd GAF Fantasy Football League (free) and figured there might be a few people in here who want to join. If you do just PM me with your email you want to sign up with, if you never have before you'll need to make an account at ESPN

but anyway back on topic, as of right now GamePass is still working fine for me through a NL VPN

When is the draft?

KingGondo

Banned
My stream was working earlier too. I'm using Private Internet Access VPN, with a Netherlands host server.

Weird thing though--it continues to work even after I'm disconnected, close the tab, then re-search for it.

Am I doing it wrong?

Allforce

I should've known better- that worked.

So this VPN gives 30 minutes free per day, right? I accidentally let it run after connecting so I used up 30 immediately. Curious if I'll be able to use this Sunday.

Yeah it's 30 minutes total per day. You'll be good for Sunday.

It's working great. Looks as good as the SNF stream.

No need to use Kepard. If you have Windows 7 just search your programs for "vpn" and put all the info in

edit: anyone know how to hide stuff from guests? I'll put the directions in that

Clipjoint

If it doesn't work for you with Kepard, try hitting "Change IP" and select a new one. The first one was asking me to subscribe, but when I switched I got the live feed.

Telaso

Banned
I tried kepard, and tried 10 different IPs. None of them work. Deleted all temp files and tried various browsers. Nothing works :(

It's working great. Looks as good as the SNF stream.

No need to use Kepard. If you have Windows 7 just search your programs for "vpn" and put all the info in

edit: anyone know how to hide stuff from guests? I'll put the directions in that

I wish I knew how. Maybe you could pm interested people if it isnt to much work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom