• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodline | Season 3 |OT| The Final Season | Netflix | May 26th

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Bloodline season 3 will premiere on Friday, May 26 at 12am Pacific time. The final season will consist of 10 episodes.

From the creators of 'Damages', 'Bloodline' is a dramatic thriller that explores the demons lurking beneath the surface of a contemporary American family. The Rayburns are hard-working pillars of their Florida Keys community. But when the black sheep son comes home for the 45th anniversary of his parents’ hotel, he threatens to expose the Rayburns’ dark secrets and shameful past, pushing his siblings to the limits of family loyalty.

Season 3 Trailer

Season 1 and 2 Recap

Please spoiler tag discussion for the first two weeks, until June 9. Also be sure to label which episode(s) you're discussing.

e.g. Ep 6:
Kevin just killed John!

RedAssedApe

Banned
i clicked on that sample spoiler and for a brief second thought i had spoiled myself lol

also...kevin is such a fucking moron.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Glad it's ending after 3 seasons, this is a show that I really don't think you could stretch it out for too long.

Ashhong

Welp, I know what I'm doing all day today on my "sick" day off. Perfect timing as I am getting a delivery of a 60" TV

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Two things:

1. Is Kevin the most unlikable character in TV history? I love the acting job, but man, the character itself is so detestable in every way.

2. Great Fargo(the movie) reference in episode 2. Any fans of the movie here will know it the second you hear it. It got quite the laugh out of me.

andycapps

This OT is a pretty good indicator of why this show got canceled. 22 replies. I'm still on episode 1 but I'll make a lot of headway this weekend. I love the mood and the style of this show.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Thanks for making a thread. I'm going to subscribe because I'm honestly going to make an attempt to catch up on this show.

Draper

Like, it's not that great of a season...

Up to episode 6.

Here you go Eric, have a gun and bullets. See ya!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Episode 2

OH SHIZZ THE CORONER

Draconian

Episode 1

Yep, Kevin's still a mess. Gotta love how he pretty much turns to every one else to bail him out instead of taking some responsibility for once. I laughed when Sally locked him out of the house.

CHC

Wait - this is back!? I thought it was in limbo forever. I'm definitely down to see how this all ends. Total nightmare so far, in a good way.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
First episode was very good.
I think actually an expertly crafted hour of pure tension. Really incredible. I cannot help but root for John. And continuously hate Sissy Spacek's character.

Einchy

Finished it.

It was okay, I guess.

The first season was pretty amazing but they weren't really able to get to that quality once Danny died and this season really didn't have many eventful moments. It was worth the watch to see how it all ended.

[edit]

Episode 9 was pretty great, though. Def the stand out of the season.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished it.

It was okay, I guess.

The first season was pretty amazing but they weren't really able to get to that quality once Danny died and this season really didn't have many eventful moments. It was worth the watch to see how it all ended.

[edit]

Episode 9 was pretty great, though. Def the stand out of the season.

Heh, so it went the way most expected: seasons after the first feel tacked on, should've been limited to one season. I loved s1 of Bloodline, in fact it's one of my favorite Netflix shows, but letting it go on past that first season felt like a mistake. The main story ended in s1 and the cliffhanger at the end felt very cheap. Probably not bothering with s2&3.

brainslug

I loved the first season.

Season two though.. tbh was quite boring and uninteresting.

Still on the fence if I should watch S3.. since it's the last season, maybe I'll give it a go. But I have so many others series to watch, that it's going to have to wait.

Draper

I loved the first season.

Season two though.. tbh was quite boring and uninteresting.

Still on the fence if I should watch S3.. since it's the last season, maybe I'll give it a go. But I have so many others series to watch, that it's going to have to wait.

Throw it on the back burner. This final season was garbage and is obvious they thought they'd be renewed for additional seasons.

Either that or they just had no idea where to go with it.

Einchy

Not sure I agree with you there Draper, it felt pretty conclusive, even though those conclusions were a bit anticlimactic.

But yeah, this season is only really worth it if you still enjoyed the show after season 2 and want to see how it all ends.

pa22word

Throw it on the back burner. This final season was garbage and is obvious they thought they'd be renewed for additional seasons.

Either that or they just had no idea where to go with it.

Pretty sure it's the latter. The second season had "oh shit we got renewed what the Fuck do we do now?!" written all over it. The only reason I came into this thread was to see if it was worth watching, and it seems like a solid no.

This thing should have been a miniseries and been done at the end of season 1.

Einchy

Bloodline would've been True Detective status if it was only one season.

Thought it was pretty funny how the big cliffhanger in season 1 is pretty much a non-issue a few episodes into season 2. They totally set him up as a person that was going to be as destructive as Danny and the guy didn't do shit.

Draper

Not sure I agree with you there Draper, it felt pretty conclusive, even though those conclusions were a bit anticlimactic.

But yeah, this season is only really worth it if you still enjoyed the show after season 2 and want to see how it all ends.

Conclusive in what way? It was utterly sloppy in its undertaking of every subplot.

It felt like Lost where you're thinking, 'oh shit, it's the last episode. How're they possibly going to tidy all this up and make it a satisfactory ending...wait...they're still introducing new shit...why are they doing this...oh, and here's the credits'

Einchy

Conclusive in what way? It was utterly sloppy in its undertaking of every subplot.

Ending.
In that you can't come back from the way some of the plot lines ended. They might be sloppy but they're conclusive and for the show to have continued, they've needed to think up some extremely contrive twists.

Roy is dead, Sally straight up told John she blames him for everything, Megan ran away and made a new life and wouldn't come back when she was needed the most, Kevin is in prison and everything was recorded so he can't get out of it, John Leguizamo killed himself, John finally confessed to everything he did and wasn't believed or the guy didn't really care anymore and John was going to tell Danny's son he killed his father, like, you really can't get more conclusive than that. They ended pretty much all the plotlines that I can think of.

Draper

Ending.
In that you can't come back from the way some of the plot lines ended. They might be sloppy but they're conclusive and for the show to have continued, they've needed to think up some extremely contrive twists.

Roy is dead, Sally straight up told John she blames him for everything, Megan ran away and made a new life and wouldn't come back when she was needed the most, Kevin is in prison and everything was recorded so he can't get out of it, John Leguizamo killed himself, John finally confessed to everything he did and wasn't believed or the guy didn't really care anymore and John was going to tell Danny's son he killed his father, like, you really can't get more conclusive than that. They ended pretty much all the plotlines that I can think of.

Eh, I'll grant you that. But it all felt like desperate writing to get out of developing plots.

Oh The John plot is not conclusive to me. It easily could've been, given it's the most important, but fuck the audience- we're not giving them the satisfaction of presenting that important exchange. Also, screw speaking about the mother being sick. Also, fuck it, Kevin ruins his escape and returns back to have a few beers for 'reasons'. Also, let's just drop the Meg plot- she don't want no mo of dis stuff. Screw the fact that we were following the emboldened dude around for 2 seasons now- he'll definitely be a tool in this conclusion of this show- oh wait nope, he just randomly shot himself. You know what we should do- let's make the second to last episode carry no weight and just be a trippy rando' bit because it'll be silly. (Although I did like all the Danny stuff, but mainly because of the actor)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Episode 9 feels like it's trying to jam in as much character work as possible. lol

Man, I don't even know what this show was about. I mean "Family" in the most obtuse and generic sense, but what does that even mean?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Eh, I'll grant you that. But it all felt like desperate writing to get out of developing plots.

Oh The John plot is not conclusive to me. It easily could've been, given it's the most important, but fuck the audience- we're not giving them the satisfaction of presenting that important exchange. Also, screw speaking about the mother being sick. Also, fuck it, Kevin ruins his escape and returns back to have a few beers for 'reasons'. Also, let's just drop the Meg plot- she don't want no mo of dis stuff. Screw the fact that we were following the emboldened dude around for 2 seasons now- he'll definitely be a tool in this conclusion of this show- oh wait nope, he just randomly shot himself. You know what we should do- let's make the second to last episode carry no weight and just be a trippy rando' bit because it'll be silly. (Although I did like all the Danny stuff, but mainly because of the actor)

Series spoilers I guess
Kevin didn't go back home. He was arrested in Bimini, assuming he wasn't lying when he said that's where they were going (the police were wearing what look like Bahamian uniforms). I assume he just wasn't careful enough and got caught.

I don't mind what happened to the sister. Although I would have preferred if she had actually killed herself instead of just running away.

The disappointing thing was just John's storyline. It's like Walter White's arc, but with an even more bullshit ending. :p

Einchy

Kevin ending.

He got caught cus the dumbass didn't turn off the GPS on his phone.

Top Bottom