• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

ToonLink

Have the MM, SS and new TP amiibo gone up on any of the EU Amazon sites? I've been keeping a close eye on Amazon UK, but still haven't seen it. It sold out in like 20 minutes on the Nintendo UK store so I missed it. :(

Koren

Have the MM, SS and new TP amiibo gone up on any of the EU Amazon sites? I've been keeping a close eye on Amazon UK, but still haven't seen it. It sold out in like 20 minutes on the Nintendo UK store so I missed it. :(
They're out of stock on most Amazon websites, I believe.

I'm still not that convinced they've really been up, but some said they were. It's a matter of hours on the french website if they were (seen them going from "not there" to "out of stock" in the same afternoon). Same for the july wave.

The product number returns nothing on Amazon.co.uk, so maybe they haven't been there, but I haven't looked for those.

ToonLink

They're out of stock on most Amazon websites, I believe.

I'm still not that convinced they've really been up, but some said they were. It's a matter of hours on the french website if they were (seen them going from "not there" to "out of stock" in the same afternoon). Same for the july wave.

The product number returns nothing on Amazon.co.uk, so maybe they haven't been there, but I haven't looked for those.

I don't understand why there isn't a page, then. There was one for the 30th anniversary ones, even after they sold out. Nintendo Everything does a good job of updating when pre-orders are up, too, and I didn't see anything from them.

I have all of the Zelda amiibos released to date, so I hope I don't end up missing them. :/ I don't like giving money to scalpers so I don't see myself doing that.

Koren

I don't understand why there isn't a page, then.
I wasn't talking about UK. There is page for the others...

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06ZZCKH9W/
https://www.amazon.es/dp/B06ZZCKH9W/
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B06ZZCKH9W/
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B06ZZCKH9W/

There is none on co.uk, as far as I can tell. Either they're under a different product id, or they haven't created one.

The fact that the page hasn't been created on co.uk suggests me they haven't got stock at all for preorders. And I'm not convinced other have either... Does someone got an Amazon preorder for those?

I have all of the Zelda amiibos released to date, so I hope I don't end up missing them. :/
Same, except it's all EU Amiibos tht I got, barring BotW Zelda and Bokoblin (and I really, really hope I'll be able to find them at decent prices) I hope the bad days were a thing of the past, but it's actually worse now than it was at the beginning.

I managed to take a day off on 23th to hunt them, but I'm still not at ease at all.

ToonLink

I wasn't talking about UK. There is page for the others...

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06ZZCKH9W/
https://www.amazon.es/dp/B06ZZCKH9W/
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B06ZZCKH9W/
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B06ZZCKH9W/

There is none on co.uk, as far as I can tell. Either they're under a different product id, or they haven't created one.

The fact that the page hasn't been created on co.uk suggests me they haven't got stock at all for preorders. And I'm not convinced other have either... Does someone got an Amazon preorder for those?

Same, except it's all EU Amiibos tht I got, barring BotW Zelda and Bokoblin (and I really, really hope I'll be able to find them at decent prices) I hope the bad days were a thing of the past, but it's actually worse now than it was at the beginning.

I managed to take a day off on 23th to hunt them, but I'm still not at ease at all.

For some reason I couldn't post in this thread while on mobile. ?_?

OT: Don't mind me, I'm just in my denial/anger phase of grief.

I'm not sure why it's gotten so much worse, either. I'm pretty sure the 30th anniversary Zelda amiibos were up for a little while even after the release date, apart from OoT Link, which I got from Play Asia. But even the Corrin amiibos sold out in like 30 minutes on the Nintendo UK store. At least I managed to pre-order the new Smash ones, I guess.

Koren

I'm pretty sure the 30th anniversary Zelda amiibos were up for a little while even after the release date, apart from OoT Link, which I got from Play Asia.
Here, I got them by walking into a store, not even at dawn, and virtually all of them were still available several weeks later. There were even discussion about overshipping those, but they still sold out in a matter of weeks.

Not the same at all as BotW. I thing the game boosted the interest of Amiibos through the roof. And now that prices are on the rise, scalpers are back.

I basically haven't been able to preorder a single one of the coming waves (well, except male Corrin)

ToonLink

Here, I got them by walking into a store, not even at dawn, and virtually all of them were still available several weeks later. There were even discussion about overshipping those, but they still sold out in a matter of weeks.

Not the same at all as BotW. I thing the game boosted the interest of Amiibos through the roof. And now that prices are on the rise, scalpers are back.

I basically haven't been able to preorder a single one of the coming waves (well, except male Corrin)

That sucks. :/ I luckily managed to check my email at the right time (which came around 5-10 minutes after they went up, I think). I wish Nintendo would at least appropriately stock the Zelda and popular Smash character amiibos. Cloud would obviously be very popular.

Amazon JP seem to still have some of the new Zelda ones up for pre-order, but unfortunately they don't ship abroad.

Koren

That sucks. :/ I luckily managed to check my email at the right time (which came around 5-10 minutes after they went up, I think). I wish Nintendo would at least appropriately stock the Zelda and popular Smash character amiibos. Cloud would obviously be very popular.
At least there's a Nintendo shop in UK. The rest of EU has to use usual retailers, who have a really unreliable system with respect to this kind of things :/

Amazon JP seem to still have some of the new Zelda ones up for pre-order, but unfortunately they don't ship abroad.
I've used things like Rinkya before, but I want the EU boxes...

cyba89

Skward Sword Link and Twilight Princess Link were up on amazon.de just now but when I wanted to pay they were both gone. :(

EDIT:
Both switching between available and not available for me but can't add anything to my cart.

ToonLink

Skward Sword Link and Twilight Princess Link were up on amazon.de just now but when I wanted to pay they were both gone. :(

EDIT:
Both switching between available and not available for me but can't add anything to my cart.

Is 20 Euros the standard price for amiibos?

cyba89

Amiibos are usually around 15€ but I guess they know demand is high for the Zelda ones.

EDIT:
It's so bad that after 2 1/2 years Nintendo still can't properly evaluate demand for these things while continuing to add like ten new Amiibos and new Amiibo features with every new Direct presentation. How about making sure costumers are able to get the old ones before flooding the market with new figures that are impossible to get? It's so frustrating.
"Hey look at this cute new Metroid Amiibo! It even has a squishy head! ...but you will never be able to get one. Too bad."

I feel like the recent ones are actually even harder to get than the first Smash line.

Koren

It's so bad that after 2 1/2 years Nintendo still can't properly evaluate demand for these things while continuing to add like ten new Amiibos and new Amiibo features with every new Direct presentation. How about making sure costumers are able to get the old ones before flooding the market with new figures that are impossible to get? It's so frustrating.
"Hey look at this cute new Metroid Amiibo! It even has a squishy head! ...but you will never be able to get one. Too bad."
I feel the same, except I don't mind if there's shortages sometimes... I would just like them to resupply in a decent time (and/or communicate about it) The way preorders went should be an indication that they don't produce enough, though.

I feel like the recent ones are actually even harder to get than the first Smash line.
At the very least, I've had more troubles with BotW ones... Zelda and Bokoblin are the ONLY amiibos I've NEVER seen in shops (and I still look for those).

Not sure the first 12 of Smash were the worst (I'd say Shulk and the line was the bottom)

I don't think there's an official price... It used to be 12.99, but now it's often 14.99, though "special" ones like the Guardian one may be slightly more expensive.

UK had a lot of shops with inflated prices, Amazon usually plays it fair. It's 19.99 for the upcoming Zelda anniversary ones?

ToonLink

Amazon definitely play it fair in the UK, at least. They always charge msrp or lower. Standard amiibos are £10.99 here, but the BotW line cost a little more, particularly the Guardian amiibo. The new Smash line (Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta) are also £10.99.

Bayonetta and stuff are up properly on Amazon now. But all currently unavailable (including Cloud and M.Corrin). Think I may have missed the window!

ToonLink

Omg, yes. I managed to pre-order the new Zelda amiibos. Hopefully nothing goes wrong with the delivery. *fingers crossed*

Edit: SS, MM and the new TP Link are all gone now, for anyone wondering.

Ein Bear

Managed to snag a BotW Link. Was it just the BotW ones that got re-stocked, or did the MM/SS/TP ones sell out that quickly?

TheMoon

Managed to grab all three Links earlier today in my go-to store. Phew. Amazon really let me down with these.

Germany also has gotten BotW amiibo restocks in. Go go go!

Chopper

Managed to grab the BotW Zelda and Rider Link that I needed. Just need to get my hands on the MM, SS and TP Links that I swear never cropped up in my inbox. Site says restocks are due in early July, so fingers crossed.

Koren

Where did you find BotW amiibos? In stores or online (Nintendo uk shop ?)

I guess I'll check stores daily, but I wouldn't like to rely on luck :/

As for today's release, I'm ready to hunt... 11 shops in my first run, thinking about taking the bullet train if I'm unsuccessful. I hope I'll be able to find all three links today... I wish we weren't back to early days :(

Edit : first failure, I expect more incoming :/

Koren

Made the opening of my supermarket, of Toy'r us, of a electronic store, and one shop of the largest french VG retailer, not a single one available... no luck. The next 4 following stops, same thing. Apparently, they weren't even able to get stock...

The ninth stop was a VG store that allowed me to find several in hard times, but I was avoiding them because they were inflating prices (like 2x)

Hard to find the amiibos, and at first I thought it was the same.

Then I notice three on the very bottom of the shelf on the left... Two Zelda BotW and a Bokoblin. Not what I was looking after, but the only two I was missing, great!

Then I notice three other hidden 2 meters above thhe ground... and yes, full set!

They were expensive (20 and 17€) but I'm happy, back to complete status... ^_^

I admit I thought about grabbing the otger Zelda, but I'm not a scalper, and there'll probably be another customer happy...

Next challenge, the july Smash ones, but I'm more confident there'll be restocks for smash line...

Semajer

Looks like the Nintendo UK Store dispatched the July Zelda amiibo restock already. That's nice. Amazon managed to fuck up my order with them.

Chopper

I've been updating my spreadsheet. So it looks as though there are currently 157 amiibo in total that we know of. I currently own 121 of them, and have 9 preordered. I'm a terrible person.

Koren

Well, I hope I won't miss Amazon or FNAC here...

I currently have 3 Amazon pages (SNES Mini, Metroid LE and Metroid Amiibo) currently "not available" thhat I refresh regularly. Nintendo sure have an issue with stocks and preorders...

I could not be less interested in what it cost me. That money's gone man. Besides, I enjoy sleeping.
Same ^_^

Still, even without the precise 3-digits number of Amiibos, it's not hard to guess it's 4-digits cost, and the leading digit may not be 1 -_-'

Still Love Amiibo and we are still collecting them.

Finally amazon.de got a new delivery of Zelda Amiibo that we ordered months ago.

zSidZ7Q.jpg

Next up are the new Smash Bros Amiibo in July and we pre ordered all 6 of them, thanks God there is no exclusivity here.

Still Love Amiibo and we are still collecting them.

Finally amazon.de got a new delivery of Zelda Amiibo that we ordered months ago.

Next up are the new Smash Bros Amiibo in July and we pre ordered all 6 of them, thanks God there is no exclusivity here.

I just got mine in the Zelda series as well, got the Smash ones preordered and agreed, so happy theres no exclusivity with the last of the Smash Amiibo's, its literally hell to try dealing with limited stock and 3 different retailers.

Top Bottom