• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

No idea honestly. Been playing and can't tell what rewards would carry over.

I made it to Level 20 on the mobile app, but my phone died a couple of days ago, so I'm not quite sure what to do. I could download it again on my iPad, but my motivation is gone after losing so much progress.

I made it to Level 20 on the mobile app, but my phone died a couple of days ago, so I'm not quite sure what to do. I could download it again on my iPad, but my motivation is gone after losing so much progress.

iPhone I'm guessing? For Android your Google Play account should save your progress.

DrBo42

Yikes. Yeah I wouldn't redo all that work personally. Too much.

Hyped. Just preordered it on PSN. Unlike IJ1, there are several characters this time around I'm wanting to main. Darkseid, Atrocitus, and Gorilla Grodd look so sick. Scarecrow and Brainiac look sweet too.

Can't wait. Hope it finishes downloading before midnight.

edit: also, can someone explain how "clashes" work? I didn't invest that much time into the first game to figure it out properly

ZeroX03

Banned
Mobile app gives you Grid skin plus Diamond loot box for linking.

It also gives you a daily Bronze loot box each day you play. And power gems on the mobile version.

No idea what you get past that, if anything.

YaBish

Hopefully renting this one tomorrow. Will be maining Flash most likely, as he's my fave and was great in the first game.

Still waiting on Amazon to ship my Xbox One copy...

Also, the mobile game keeps crashing in the menus every time I start it up. After several dozens of tries, all of I've managed to do is complete the tutorial and one match. If I can get into gameplay, it works fine, but it crashes within seconds in the menu almost every time. :(

drew713

my copy won't be in until tomorrow. i want to get in on this guild action and I agree that the 50 player limit seems low.

EDIT: getting ps4 version

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Am I correct in my understanding that all the DLC in deluxe or ultimate editions can be unlocked by playing the basic edition? I am trying to save some money, but want to enjoy this game as much as possible on a mostly single player basis.

Ryce

Am I correct in my understanding that all the DLC in deluxe or ultimate editions can be unlocked by playing the basic edition? I am trying to save some money, but want to enjoy this game as much as possible on a mostly single player basis.
You have to buy the characters with real money.

aka_bueno

iPhone I'm guessing? For Android your Google Play account should save your progress.

I downloaded it on my iPad first, then on my iPhone and it carried over my progress. It uses Gamecenter for account progress so as long as you're using the same Apple ID it should be fine

Drewfonse

For someone who doesn't have lot of recent Fighter experience, how's the learning curve looking on this? It's really appealing to me, but I can never remember long combo strings.

Looking forward to this. I think this will end up being the first fighting game I actually try to get better at, it's coming out in a period where I can actually devote a good chunk of time to it unlike the other fighting games that I've messed with in the past.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Nope. Not DLC at the moment neither.

Rc3oL8n.gif

DrBo42

For someone who doesn't have lot of recent Fighter experience, how's the learning curve looking on this? It's really appealing to me, but I can never remember long combo strings.

I'm a complete noob but combos in this aren't exactly super complicated for the friendly characters like Superman. You can pick up the bread and butter stuff pretty fast. But of course the higher difficulty characters built on juggles, timing and bounces are more difficult.

Nope. Not DLC at the moment neither.

Scorpion was the best seller in the first game, so it makes sense.

Plus Mortal Kombat is part of WB/DC Comics too. :p

Scorpion was dlc in Injustice 1? I only ever played the ultimate edition. I assumed he was in the main game.

IronLich

Nothing more exciting than when a new fighting game is about to fall into your lap.

Tons of new characters to learn, and tons of new combos to explore... it's a great feeling! And that's just the training!

Drewfonse

I'm a complete noob but combos in this aren't exactly super complicated for the friendly characters like Superman. You can pick up the bread and butter stuff pretty fast. But of course the higher difficulty characters built on juggles, timing and bounces are more difficult.

Ok, cool. Does the game give you an idea of how complicated a character is, or do you have to look at each moveset? Thanks.

DrBo42

Ok, cool. Does the game give you an idea of how complicated a character is, or do you have to look at each moveset? Thanks.
You look at the movesets to some extent. I don't go crazy with frame data or anything, not that guy. I'd say do the initial tutorial, do the character tutorial and then do the initial multiverse tutorial until you unlock the AI Battle Simulator in multiplayer. Create a team of 3 characters you'd like to play and send them out against an enemy team. Watch the fights as the AI battle it out. You'll start to see how they function and what they link or meter burn etc.

Bottom line you just gotta get in there and play. If you find someone that interests you pop back in here and ask for help.

Top Bottom