• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK

elrechazao said:
you two are making me want to highlight those spoilers so bad.

bailing out, bailing out!

I want this effing book.

I was just thinking the same thing. It's getting reeeeeaally tempting to highlight those spoilers. Must. Not. Do it.

bengraven

Don't. Fucking. Click. ANY. Spoilers.

Trust me, the lot of us are going to have a LOT to talk about in the next few weeks after we're done with the books. A LOT. Shit is going to hit the fan.

But be patient. Don't be me.

DON'T BE ME.

God, why can't it just arrive? 10 days left.

I read part of the spoiler, but got the main gist of it. For this series, I'm prepared for everything up to and including if the Others turn out to have shitting dick-nipples

Discussing the implications of spoilers outside of spoiler tags is just teasing. I want to highlight them but I won't even though I think you guys are talking about the thing I got spoiled on.

heliosRAzi said:
I'm prepared for everything up to and including if the Others turn out to have shitting dick-nipples
Thankfully, Bakker isn't writing this series.

Fjordson

bengraven said:
Don't. Fucking. Click. ANY. Spoilers.

Trust me, the lot of us are going to have a LOT to talk about in the next few weeks after we're done with the books. A LOT. Shit is going to hit the fan.

But be patient. Don't be me.

DON'T BE ME.

God, why can't it just arrive? 10 days left.
Fuuuck, I need this book.

Thank God I just got Amazon Prime. Free release date delivery so the book will be here on the 12th.

KingK

i_am_ben said:
adwd spoilers aren't unmarked till the 12th.

Everyone in here has agreed to mark the spoilers til the 12th as a courtesy, but technically they don't have to mark the spoilers. It's probably safest to just stay out anyway.

Oh god, what am I still doing in this thread?! I need the book in my body now!!!

bengraven

KingK said:
Everyone in here has agreed to mark the spoilers til the 12th as a courtesy, but technically they don't have to mark the spoilers. It's probably safest to just stay out anyway.

Oh god, what am I still doing in this thread?! I need the book in my body now!!!

What have you donnnnnne!!?

*runs away until July 12th*

ezrarh

fuuuuuu...I'm not gonna lie..I just got back from the bars and I'm still fiending for some more ASOIAF. If there's an online book leak..I don't know if I can't hold back. All the spoilers make me want to highlight it soo much.

bluemax

Banned
Nesotenso said:
I agree with your post Bengraven. I have a feeling Brandon Sanderson will need more than two books to finish this story.

Fixed.

heliosRAzi said:
I read part of the spoiler, but got the main gist of it. For this series, I'm prepared for everything up to and including if the Others turn out to have shitting dick-nipples

More like lemon cakes.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Yes yes yes!!!

2Bu9Dl.jpg

I'm somewhere between a third and halfway through AFFC. I'm still not loving it as much as the previous books, but I'm liking it more than I did the first time I tried to read it. The way it's written and the 'feel' of the world is enough to get me through, even though it feels like the plot is spinning its wheels at times (the Brienne chapters especially are starting to get on my nerves). The richness of the world - or lack thereof - is probably my biggest problem with the HBO show so far.

Definitely getting the hell off the internet until ADWD.

Ran at Westeros revently banned some new posers who allegedly posted a host of spoilers. I didn't see them, but he said they were all fake (he has read the book). Which makes me wonder how much of the stuff flying around right now is fake; of course a few days ago Martin said a lot of the spoilers on the internet were fake too

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
PhoenixDark said:
Ran at Westeros revently banned some new posers who allegedly posted a host of spoilers. I didn't see them, but he said they were all fake (he has read the book). Which makes me wonder how much of the stuff flying around right now is fake; of course a few days ago Martin said a lot of the spoilers on the internet were fake too

Probably a lot! I've managed to stay clear of any specific spoilers thankfully, just the one general spoiler by someone here (which might've been false, considering its nature).

Now the book is in my hands and I'll probably be done by tomorrow night.

Ikael

Speculation (NOT spoilers) about possible character deaths:

Daenerys - The only character whose death would piss me off for a plethora of reasons. It renders useless one whole major plot tread in a complete LOST - style of shitty scriptwritting, and it is a cheapass way to cut the Meerense knot to boot.

Tyrion - As much as I love this character, this would seem like a good moment to off him: he is powerless, has no political relevance or whatsoever, and his brother could carry on the Lannister story arc instead.

Ayra - I love the girl, but let's be serious, she has barely, if any relevance in the big scheme of things. She ain't going to rule any kingdom, nor going to marry and inherit anything.

Jon - It could piss me off depending on how it is done, but if done properly (as in, for a good reason that makes the story advance instead of halting) this could be the greatest death ever. Also, it would utterly buttfuck his Mary Sue nature too, which is always a plus.

EDIT: Please write a Spoiler - free review once you finish, Keen! :D

Dresden

Ikael said:
Ayra - I love the girl, but let's be serious, she has barely, if any relevance in the big scheme of things. She ain't going to rule any kingdom, nor going to marry and inherit anything.
Plot relevance isn't measured by the size of your dick kingdom, yo.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
shintoki said:
Better not take the chance, Ban him till the 12th!

Lucky Duck =[

Hah, I've been reading asoiaf since GoT came out. No way would I spoiler anyone about anything!

I have a feeling I'm not getting much sleep tonight...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I've not been reading this thread because I'm only on SoS (fuck you first page!! lol) but I have to ask about the unmarked spoiler policy for ADWD. Surely it makes no sense to allow unmarked spoilers for a book that nobody here has read. Especially in a series where you really don't want to know what's coming next. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a blanket all-spoilers-for-ADWD-marked policy, that way all the readers could talk about it without worrying about spoiling it for slower peeps?

It means that really, no sane reader is going to come in here until they've finished the book and then they'll talk about the whole thing, rather than having a place to come and talk about the book as they're reading it. Spoilers could even be marked "SPOILER FOR PAGE 583" so you could be totally safe.

I'm thinking this as I'm reading SoS because I'd love a place I could come to and say "Oh my god, the Hound killed Dondarrion and he's still alive?!? This book is awesome!", and I'm sure lots of you would like to do the same with ADWD. But if you've not read the part someone else is screaming about it'll be ruined.

Anyway, I'll come back to check for replies but otherwise I'm out of here for a while!

Uhhh... the point is that once ADWD is out all spoilers are fair game. There will be no spoiler bars because that's the entire point of the thread. For now, though, spoilers are marked. If you want to talk about the book with spoiler bars, go to the Game of Thrones show thread (not the one with NO BOOK SPOILERS), or the "A Song of Ice and Fire is gud" thread, or "A DANCE WITH DRAGONS" thread.

The point is, once ADWD is out, do not come back here until you finish it.

Yeah, the title change was premature. ADWD will be unmarked once the book is released (July 12) so people will have a place to discuss it.

Fjordson

Yeah, I'd rather keep it totally unmarked once ADWD is out. Discussion is less of a headache when you don't have to worry about spoilers.

Every ASoIaF thread other than this I've read always has the inevitable "WHAT?!? YOU DIDN'T THINK THAT WAS A SPOILER?? IT IS!" or "YOU MADE THAT SPOILER TOO OBVIOUS. DAMN IT!".

bengraven

Thing is, discussion is still going to be a pain when Dance comes out.

Hear me out.

Let's say it's day 1 and I'm on page 200 and you're on page 20.

I come into this thread and I'm like "holy shit, Stannis and Jon just had sex with each other and professed their undying love!"

You come into this thread and are like "wow, Stannis and Jon really hate each other."

And then you read my open spoiler and are like "OH FUUUUUUU"

bengraven said:

Hear me out.

I come into this thread and I'm like "holy shit, Stannis and Jon just had sex with each other and professed their undying love!"

You come into this thread and are like "wow, Stannis and Jon really hate each other."

I am now reading the book with the assumption that all dialogue between jon and stannis is sexual double entendre.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
bengraven said:

Hear me out.

Jon: Sheath your throbbing Sword of Light, I say!

Stannis: You will not deny your King!

Jon:
iQFpt.jpg

bengraven said:

Hear me out.

Incredibly easy solution: Don't come in here until you're done with ADWD.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
ZephyrFate said:
This so much. Finish reading. It will take you 2-3 days, maybe a week. You'll have the next 5 years to discuss it.

bengraven

ZephyrFate said:

I have zero plans to, for the reasons I mentioned.

I'm just worried about the less clever members of NeoGAF. ;)

Lirlond

I preordered from book depository, goddamn I hope it gets here if not early then at least on time.

Will probably finish it in about 30 hours.

Fjordson

BlueTsunami said:
Jon: Sheath your throbbing Sword of Light, I say!

Stannis: You will not deny your King!

Jon:
iQFpt.jpg
Lmfao.

PhoenixDark said:
I'll probably wind up reading 100 pages a day lol, maybe less. Gotta savor this meal because another won't be coming for years
Yeah, I'm going to take this one slow. Or at least I'll try to.

Puddles

Banned
Really surprised there's no online leak yet. I thought people would race to be the first one to put up a pdf for e-cred.

ezrarh

Puddles said:
Really surprised there's no online leak yet. I thought people would race to be the first one to put up a pdf for e-cred.

I think the publisher might working some fierce intimidation tactics because it really is surprising a book of this caliber has not been leaked online yet.

BanGy.nz

Banned
I'm both really happy that it hasn't leaked and incredibly pissed that it hasn't leaked, I just want too read the sodding book!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom