• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

~Kinggi~
Member
(06-19-2011, 12:54 AM)
~Kinggi~'s Avatar
Does anyone know when the summer sale actually takes place? Also are any of those indie packs worth it for 10? I already have Machinarium. Capsized and that MegaMan looking game look cool. Im also slightly hesitant cause the summer sale might have these guys.
Diablohead
Member
(06-19-2011, 12:58 AM)
Diablohead's Avatar

Originally Posted by ~Kinggi~

Does anyone know when the summer sale actually takes place? Also are any of those indie packs worth it for 10? I already have Machinarium. Capsized and that MegaMan looking game look cool. Im also slightly hesitant cause the summer sale might have these guys.

will you play all the games in said pack in the next 14 days? if not pass for now, cheaper or not I think it's worth buying if you want to play them instead of letting them sit in steam untouched.
~Kinggi~
Member
(06-19-2011, 12:58 AM)
~Kinggi~'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Diablohead

will you play all the games in said pack in the next 14 days? if not pass for now, cheaper or not I think it's worth buying if you want to play them instead of letting them sit in steam untouched.

it is too late for that my friend, just too late smh
desu
Member
(06-19-2011, 01:01 AM)
desu's Avatar

Originally Posted by LovingSteam

And here we go. 3 complete packs added to the registry. Nothing interesting except its most likely in preparation for the summer sale.

Which ones?
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(06-19-2011, 01:06 AM)
ClovingWestbrook's Avatar

Originally Posted by szaromir

I can feel your anger, my young padawan.

Idiot? That would be me.

Originally Posted by desu

Which ones?

Paradox complete, Sword of the Stars complete, and Splinter Cell: Conviction complete.
Last edited by ClovingWestbrook; 06-19-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(06-19-2011, 01:08 AM)
Drkirby's Avatar
Ok, Sonic Generations is definitely coming to the PC:
[IMG]http://i52.************/2h3zv9x.jpg[/IMG]
desu
Member
(06-19-2011, 01:10 AM)
desu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Drkirby

Ok, Sonic Generations is definitely coming to the PC:

FUCK YEAH!!!!
Advance_Alarm
Member
(06-19-2011, 01:10 AM)
Advance_Alarm's Avatar
did any of the Total War games go on sale during the last summer sale? I have Rome, Medieval 2 and Shogun 2 and I'm itching for Empire and Napoleon but the combined GOTY edition is still running at 45$ on steampowered. hoping that it goes down to 20ish during the sale
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(06-19-2011, 01:17 AM)
Stallion Free's Avatar

Originally Posted by szaromir

I can feel your anger, my young padawan.

Just trying to stick to terminology you are familiar with.
Derrick01
Banned
(06-19-2011, 01:18 AM)
Derrick01's Avatar
I really hope it starts monday. I wanted to have $100 ready for this but I've managed $120 so far, so my wallet is ready.

Hoping for a Bulletstorm 50% off deal, which would make it $15. I've been wanting to play that since it came out, but I failed myself and picked the wrong choice that day and got Killzone 3 instead.
Gvaz
Banned
(06-19-2011, 01:18 AM)
Gvaz's Avatar
Is anyone else not able to gift? Things just don't load.
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(06-19-2011, 01:18 AM)
ClovingWestbrook's Avatar

Originally Posted by Derrick01

I really hope it starts monday. I wanted to have $100 ready for this but I've managed $120 so far, so my wallet is ready.

Hoping for a Bulletstorm 50% off deal, which would make it $15. I've been wanting to play that since it came out, but I failed myself and picked the wrong choice that day and got Killzone 3 instead.

This year GoG may get the majority of my $$$. Their sale begins Monday.
Weenerz
Banned
(06-19-2011, 01:20 AM)
Weenerz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Derrick01

I really hope it starts monday. I wanted to have $100 ready for this but I've managed $120 so far, so my wallet is ready.

Hoping for a Bulletstorm 50% off deal, which would make it $15. I've been wanting to play that since it came out, but I failed myself and picked the wrong choice that day and got Killzone 3 instead.

NO! I get paid Friday, it must begin after that!
plc268
Member
(06-19-2011, 01:21 AM)
plc268's Avatar

Originally Posted by Advance_Alarm

did any of the Total War games go on sale during the last summer sale? I have Rome, Medieval 2 and Shogun 2 and I'm itching for Empire and Napoleon but the combined GOTY edition is still running at 45$ on steampowered. hoping that it goes down to 20ish during the sale


Probably.

The Total War games go on sale pretty regularly though. Only Shogun 2 hasn't seen a huge discount yet, only because it's still relatively new.
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(06-19-2011, 01:24 AM)
Drkirby's Avatar
Ok, this is odd. Speculate what you think this means, I have an idea of what you may be thinking though. Grain of salt and such.

Two fairly new entries to the registry are "Valve TestApp440 - Test 1" and "Valve TestApp440 - Test 1 (DE)" [This isn't a Deluxe Edition, it is a Low Violence version, DE means Deutsch, aka German, it has the value LowViolenceInRestrictedCountries=1"]

Now, why should you care? If you ever took the time to find the tools to look at stuff, you will find things like "[8527] ValveTestApp55399 Comp", which is normally done to try and obscure just what the game is. Lower number are Valve games. Now, at first I thought it could be Dota 2, because the Beta of Dota 2 is 490. But, I just took a quick look at 440 is. Want to know what 440 is? Team Fortress 2.



And I just now noticed there is a "No Cost" check ticked.



Hmmmmmm...


In other news, for what I went to check, there is only 1 real complete pack I saw added, a Paradox one. The other that somewhat look like them are just Splinter Cell Conviction and "Sword of the Stars Complete Collection Retail", which looks to be one game.
Danne-Danger
Member
(06-19-2011, 01:25 AM)
Danne-Danger's Avatar
Can you fix the FOV in FEAR2?

And since I always ask but never get a solid answer, can I play it in 4:3 without black bars? (you couldn't in the demo)
leng jai
Member
(06-19-2011, 01:26 AM)
leng jai's Avatar
Kind of an OCD request, but is it possible to add non-steam works Steam games but also having the stock Steam artwock for the icon? Eg. Witcher 2
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(06-19-2011, 01:31 AM)
Drkirby's Avatar

Originally Posted by leng jai

Kind of an OCD request, but is it possible to add non-steam works Steam games but also having the stock Steam artwock for the icon? Eg. Witcher 2

Nope.
Blizzard
Nicest LoL player, tallest midget
(06-19-2011, 01:33 AM)
Blizzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gvaz

Is anyone else not able to gift? Things just don't load.

I had to keep going back through the checkout process to get the friends list page to completely load so that I could select someone. I hope it gets fixed.

Kirby, I guess they'll release meet the medic and medic items and maybe pyro update and make an optional version of the game free to play and stuffs.
Derrick01
Banned
(06-19-2011, 01:34 AM)
Derrick01's Avatar

Originally Posted by Weenerz

NO! I get paid Friday, it must begin after that!

Fine. I guess Dungeon Siege 3 will have to keep me busy all of next week then.
ClovingWestbrook
Banned
(06-19-2011, 01:34 AM)
ClovingWestbrook's Avatar

Originally Posted by Drkirby

Ok, this is odd. Speculate what you think this means, I have an idea of what you may be thinking though. Grain of salt and such.

Two fairly new entries to the registry are "Valve TestApp440 - Test 1" and "Valve TestApp440 - Test 1 (DE)" [This isn't a Deluxe Edition, it is a Low Violence version, DE means Deutsch, aka German, it has the value LowViolenceInRestrictedCountries=1"]

Now, why should you care? If you ever took the time to find the tools to look at stuff, you will find things like "[8527] ValveTestApp55399 Comp", which is normally done to try and obscure just what the game is. Lower number are Valve games. Now, at first I thought it could be Dota 2, because the Beta of Dota 2 is 490. But, I just took a quick look at 440 is. Want to know what 440 is? Team Fortress 2.



And I just now noticed there is a "No Cost" check ticked.



Hmmmmmm...


In other news, for what I went to check, there is only 1 real complete pack I saw added, a Paradox one. The other that somewhat look like them are just Splinter Cell Conviction and "Sword of the Stars Complete Collection Retail", which looks to be one game.

I wouldn't use the fact there is no price listed as evidence for anything. Many times games are given a placeholder as you know for price, be it 0 or $99.99.
~Kinggi~
Member
(06-19-2011, 01:34 AM)
~Kinggi~'s Avatar

Originally Posted by LovingSteam

This year GoG may get the majority of my $$$. Their sale begins Monday.

Nice. Ever since they comped me on my Witcher 2 gog install to make up for the faulty disc, ive been tempted by some of the games in their catalog.
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(06-19-2011, 01:36 AM)
Drkirby's Avatar

Originally Posted by LovingSteam

I wouldn't use the fact there is no price listed as evidence for anything. Many times games are given a placeholder as you know for price, be it 0 or $99.99.

I am pointing out the fact that it says "No Cost" in Billing Type. Not just a $0.00 price. Almost all applications have "Proof of Prepurchase" or "Bill Only Once" checked.

Anther example of a game that has "No Cost" is 'The Cat and the Coup', which as you may or may not know, is a free indie game on Steam.
Last edited by Drkirby; 06-19-2011 at 01:46 AM.
MNC
(06-19-2011, 01:37 AM)

Originally Posted by Drkirby

Ok, this is odd. Speculate what you think this means, I have an idea of what you may be thinking though. Grain of salt and such.

Two fairly new entries to the registry are "Valve TestApp440 - Test 1" and "Valve TestApp440 - Test 1 (DE)" [This isn't a Deluxe Edition, it is a Low Violence version, DE means Deutsch, aka German, it has the value LowViolenceInRestrictedCountries=1"]

Now, why should you care? If you ever took the time to find the tools to look at stuff, you will find things like "[8527] ValveTestApp55399 Comp", which is normally done to try and obscure just what the game is. Lower number are Valve games. Now, at first I thought it could be Dota 2, because the Beta of Dota 2 is 490. But, I just took a quick look at 440 is. Want to know what 440 is? Team Fortress 2.



And I just now noticed there is a "No Cost" check ticked.



Hmmmmmm...


In other news, for what I went to check, there is only 1 real complete pack I saw added, a Paradox one. The other that somewhat look like them are just Splinter Cell Conviction and "Sword of the Stars Complete Collection Retail", which looks to be one game.

Oh fuck. f2p tf2 incoming.

Man ever since you got that registry tool from the forum you're becoming preeeetty addicted!
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(06-19-2011, 01:39 AM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Drkirby

I am pointing out the fact that it says "No Cost". Not just a $0.00 price. Almost all applications have "Proof of Prepurchase" or "Bill Only Once" checked.

TF2 gonna be Valve's free to play game


wich would be kinda disappointing considering almost everyone has the game by now, and its only 10 bucks
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(06-19-2011, 01:41 AM)
Drkirby's Avatar

Originally Posted by MNC

Oh fuck. f2p tf2 incoming.

Man ever since you got that registry tool from the forum you're becoming preeeetty addicted!

Actually I have had it for a long time, there just tends not to be that much stuff of note on it (Oh look, more railworks DLC). The main reason I have been checking is E3 week and Dota 2 tidbits (Hey, this guy said something about Dota 2, lets see if there is anything new in the registry!)
Gvaz
Banned
(06-19-2011, 01:43 AM)
Gvaz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blizzard

I had to keep going back through the checkout process to get the friends list page to completely load so that I could select someone. I hope it gets fixed.

Kirby, I guess they'll release meet the medic and medic items and maybe pyro update and make an optional version of the game free to play and stuffs.

I can't get the button to load and it gets to gift note and doesn't even load up.
The Judge
Member
(06-19-2011, 01:50 AM)
The Judge's Avatar
I want to buy Orange Box, does it usually also get a discount during sales? Browsing past sales threads led me to think that it doesn't, but i figured I should just ask.

So, to wait or not to wait? Steam sales virgin here.
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(06-19-2011, 01:51 AM)
Drkirby's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Judge

I want to buy Orange Box, does it usually also get a discount during sales? Browsing past sales threads led me to think that it doesn't, but i figured I should just ask.

So, to wait or not to wait? Steam sales virgin here.

Yeah, it tends to. If you can hold out, wait a few days.
The Judge
Member
(06-19-2011, 01:54 AM)
The Judge's Avatar

Originally Posted by Drkirby

Yeah, it tends to. If you can hold out, wait a few days.

Sadly that's not the reply I was hoping for! Well, I'll try to wait then... thanks!
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(06-19-2011, 02:00 AM)
Drkirby's Avatar
Hey, if you are lucky Valve may do anther price mistake and have their Complete Pack at 75% off (Which is $25)
snack
Saka Saiyan
(06-19-2011, 02:07 AM)
snack's Avatar

Originally Posted by Drkirby

Hey, if you are lucky Valve may do anther price mistake and have their Complete Pack at 75% off (Which is $25)

When did they do this? I must've missed it.
R2D4
Banned
(06-19-2011, 02:08 AM)
R2D4's Avatar
Anyway to get Bulletstorm added to Steam? I bought it off Origin. Can't find the .exe for the life of me and the license key doesn't work.
drizzle
Axel Hertz
(06-19-2011, 02:08 AM)
drizzle's Avatar
Does anybody have an extra copy of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition? From the four pack? A friend of mine is looking for one and would enjoy saving 10 bucks (she doesn't have the original Street Fighter IV on Steam, so she doesn't get the 10% discount).

Let me know and we can work something out.
LiquidMetal14
hide your water-based mammals
(06-19-2011, 02:09 AM)
LiquidMetal14's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Judge

Sadly that's not the reply I was hoping for! Well, I'll try to wait then... thanks!

I caved in as soon as it hit 20 :O
coopolon
Member
(06-19-2011, 02:13 AM)
coopolon's Avatar

Originally Posted by R2D4

Anyway to get Bulletstorm added to Steam? I bought it off Origin. Can't find the .exe for the life of me and the license key doesn't work.

Weird. I can't find it either. There's a launcher in the Windows Game place, but Steam doesn't see that. I tried creating a shortcut from there to the desktop and then finding the shortcut using Steam, but it doesn't see it for some reason either.
dani_dc
Member
(06-19-2011, 02:17 AM)
dani_dc's Avatar

Originally Posted by snack

When did they do this? I must've missed it.

Last Steam sale, they had it up for 75% off for a few hours (if that long).
IrishNinja
(06-19-2011, 02:19 AM)
IrishNinja's Avatar
damn, that was a helluva deal.

hey, i just noticed samorost 2 in my library, despite the fact that ive had it on my wishlist, dont recall buying it, and going to the store page says its $5. buh? was this on an indie bundle and i just forgot or something?
LocoMrPollock
Banned
(06-19-2011, 02:20 AM)
LocoMrPollock's Avatar

Originally Posted by coopolon

Weird. I can't find it either. There's a launcher in the Windows Game place, but Steam doesn't see that. I tried creating a shortcut from there to the desktop and then finding the shortcut using Steam, but it doesn't see it for some reason either.


It's something funky like shippingpc-stormgame.exe
gotee12
Member
(06-19-2011, 02:20 AM)
gotee12's Avatar

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

damn, that was a helluva deal.

hey, i just noticed samorost 2 in my library, despite the fact that ive had it on my wishlist, dont recall buying it, and going to the store page says its $5. buh? was this on an indie bundle and i just forgot or something?

Yep, Humble Bundle.
KarmaCow
Member
(06-19-2011, 02:20 AM)
KarmaCow's Avatar

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

damn, that was a helluva deal.

hey, i just noticed samorost 2 in my library, despite the fact that ive had it on my wishlist, dont recall buying it, and going to the store page says its $5. buh? was this on an indie bundle and i just forgot or something?

Yea it was part of the first Humble Indie Bundle.
Nelo Ice
Nelotard
(06-19-2011, 02:20 AM)
Nelo Ice's Avatar

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

damn, that was a helluva deal.

hey, i just noticed samorost 2 in my library, despite the fact that ive had it on my wishlist, dont recall buying it, and going to the store page says its $5. buh? was this on an indie bundle and i just forgot or something?

it was apart of the 1st humble bundle and if u got a steam code then they eventually added samarost 2
crimsonheadGCN
Member
(06-19-2011, 02:20 AM)
crimsonheadGCN's Avatar

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

damn, that was a helluva deal.

hey, i just noticed samorost 2 in my library, despite the fact that ive had it on my wishlist, dont recall buying it, and going to the store page says its $5. buh? was this on an indie bundle and i just forgot or something?

IIRC, it was one of the games in the Humble Indie Bundle.
hamchan
Member
(06-19-2011, 02:22 AM)
hamchan's Avatar

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

damn, that was a helluva deal.

hey, i just noticed samorost 2 in my library, despite the fact that ive had it on my wishlist, dont recall buying it, and going to the store page says its $5. buh? was this on an indie bundle and i just forgot or something?

Yeah it was added the start of this month if you've registered the humble indie bundle on steam.
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(06-19-2011, 02:23 AM)
Drkirby's Avatar
So, none care about f2p TF2 rumor? Welp, ok. Likely for the best if it really is just a free weekend or some joke by Valve.
sk3tch
Member
(06-19-2011, 02:23 AM)
sk3tch's Avatar

Originally Posted by LocoMrPollock

It's something funky like shippingpc-stormgame.exe

Yup:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Bulletstorm(TM)\Binaries\Win32

ShippingPC-StormGame.exe
drizzle
Axel Hertz
(06-19-2011, 02:25 AM)
drizzle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Drkirby

So, none care about f2p TF2 rumor? Welp, ok. Likely for the best if it really is just a free weekend or some joke by Valve.

Valve said "yes,m we have a Free Game in the pipeline". People are speculating that it's either Dota 2 or TF2, since they should be getting more money from the MANN CO. Store than game sales by now.

I'm not that surprised to see that TF2 might go Free 2 Play. It's great news, I guess. I hope it doesn't attract a multitude of cheaters to the game, if that's the case.
Nabs
(06-19-2011, 02:25 AM)
Nabs's Avatar

Originally Posted by Drkirby

Ok, Sonic Generations is definitely coming to the PC:
http://i52.************/2h3zv9x.jpg

You are the new king of the steam thread.
homerhendrix
Member
(06-19-2011, 02:25 AM)
This has likely been mentioned in this thread before, or perhaps there is some way to spoof it but I noticed today someone had status saying they were playing DOTA 2 Beta.

Does anyone know anything about a beta going around?
Diablohead
Member
(06-19-2011, 02:27 AM)
Diablohead's Avatar

Originally Posted by homerhendrix

This has likely been mentioned in this thread before, or perhaps there is some way to spoof it but I noticed today someone had status saying they were playing DOTA 2 Beta.

Does anyone know anything about a beta going around?

I think it's only for valve employees right now. To note the player list names were all "player 1" "player 2" player 3" and so on.

Thread Tools