• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFD

I had ordered the hyken mesh black chair for in store pickup today from Staples and I just got an email saying it's out stock :|

I go to order online and it's temporary out of stock

RXpJk_s-200x150.gif

Staples is the worst

Now I see there's three in stock in a location an hour and 15 minutes away, I call to ask if it's actually available and no one picks up.

The chair has like 2,500 reviews on the website averaging 4 stars. But the most helpful reviews are mostly negative, pointing out how the mesh falls apart after months of use

I'm sure it's a lottery, most memory will fail over time.

This is correct, had a sandisk microsd years ago and it died within a year for me. Sandisk wanted me to send in that tiny microsd with tracking and they'd replace it, but shipping something that tiny was pretty ridiculous.

This time I got the Costco return policy on my newest one so I'll get to exchange it if it dies that early again.

CaLe

Looking for a good desk chair for someone tall, as well as a good 4K monitor for gaming (PC). Any recommendations ?

Guilty Gears release is Friday and Amazon says game will ship Monday and be here by June 2nd. Rime is Friday too and no delivery estimate. Both games have supply problems or I lost Prime and I am not aware of it? :/

Was tempted to cancel Rime PS4 and get it on Switch but it's 10$ more...

krae_man

If anyone buys bluray's, make sure to check out amazon.co.uk to see if they have a better price. For some reason stuff gets cheaper there quicker. You just got to make sure you're buying region free disks.

I got the Complete Series of Battlestar Galactica for $40, The Complete Series of Star Trek The Next Generation for $75, and I just grabbed all 3 Captain America, Age of Ultron, Guardians, and Dark World for $100 shipping, import fees everything included and that was a little on the high side since I had to spring extra for a 3D Age of Ultron since that was the only version that was region free. Good thing I have a 3d TV!

Pro tip: The prices you see include a 20% VAT and if you don't live in the UK, you don't pay it. It gets subtracted from your total. Add everything to your cart you want, see what the shipping is, and do the math. again make sure you are buying region free disks.

Guilty Gears release is Friday and Amazon says game will ship Monday and be here by June 2nd. Rime is Friday too and no delivery estimate. Both games have supply problems or I lost Prime and I am not aware of it? :/

Rime def has supply problems they sent out notifications about this a few weeks ago.

kevin1025

Banned

Likely a supply problem. Mine was not showing any delivery estimate after an e-mail some time back saying they were having issues pinning down a delivery date. So I cancelled and went digital on PS4 (this is about Rime). Best to wait till Wednesday or Thursday and maybe cancel at that point.

Now, only Switch games and Ni No Kuni II are without release day delivery. How is Amazon with Nintendo game shipping, usually?

If anyone buys bluray's, make sure to check out amazon.co.uk to see if they have a better price. For some reason stuff gets cheaper there quicker. You just got to make sure you're buying region free disks.

I got the Complete Series of Battlestar Galactica for $40, The Complete Series of Star Trek The Next Generation for $75, and I just grabbed all 3 Captain America, Age of Ultron, Guardians, and Dark World for $100 shipping, import fees everything included and that was a little on the high side since I had to spring extra for a 3D Age of Ultron since that was the only version that was region free. Good thing I have a 3d TV!

Pro tip: The prices you see include a 20% VAT and if you don't live in the UK, you don't pay it. It gets subtracted from your total. Add everything to your cart you want, see what the shipping is, and do the math. again make sure you are buying region free disks.

I was in the UK recently. Prices were ridiculously good at the uk HMV I went to. Picked up a region free copy of Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery for 21 pounds.

So lots of other great deals as well.

Likely a supply problem. Mine was not showing any delivery estimate after an e-mail some time back saying they were having issues pinning down a delivery date. So I cancelled and went digital on PS4 (this is about Rime). Best to wait till Wednesday or Thursday and maybe cancel at that point.

Now, only Switch games and Ni No Kuni II are without release day delivery. How is Amazon with Nintendo game shipping, usually?

recieved both mario kart 8 day 1 and disgaea 5 4 days early

My launch games arrived on time, everything after that has been late.

AtlantiC_CodeX

Neo Member
The chair has like 2,500 reviews on the website averaging 4 stars. But the most helpful reviews are mostly negative, pointing out how the mesh falls apart after months of use

I've seen people say it becomes less comfy in about two years. Which is not really a problem if it holds up for two years.

It's a really popular chair on reddit and such with all overall positive reviews so I'm hoping it's the one.

N° 2048

Got two $20 Reward Zone certificates so used them on Zelda BOTW for Wii U.

I think it's from the E3 promo. It was so random lol wasn't expecting them.

Got two $20 Reward Zone certificates so used them on Zelda BOTW for Wii U.

I think it's from the E3 promo. It was so random lol wasn't expecting them.

This happened to me a few months ago, and then again after Persona 5 came out. $70 in certificates that went straight into a $100 Steam card, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah.

The rewardzone site has been terrible lately. last time i had some i didn't have the emails so i tried to get into the site and couldn't and took 2 calls to the "help desk" to get let in.

Kyolux

remeber talking about this table here before

but does anyone have this exact model http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S49929639/

how is it? is it sturdy?

I used one like this for years. Still have it. Or at least one from IKEA that looks just like this, maybe not as high on the legs? Wouldn't call it sturdy, but it lasted me a good while. I switched to a desk a friend gave me because I found this table to be a tad bit too high for my desk chair for my PC.

I applied for a best buy credit card, may be interested in using the no interest equal payment plans, anyone here have experience with the card?

Xbudz

I'm looking at getting a PS4 Pro so I can play WipEout Omega Collection.. do you guys think it will have a price drop within the next month?

I'm hoping for one during E3.

Sadly I can't seem to find one new or used for less than $500 Canadian.

Subscribe to Banana Republic's mailing list and prepare to be bombarded with emails. They do include deals very frequently though (always 30-40%, sometimes 50% off).

Qwyjibo

I'm looking at getting a PS4 Pro so I can play WipEout Omega Collection.. do you guys think it will have a price drop within the next month?

I'm hoping for one during E3.

Sadly I can't seem to find one new or used for less than $500 Canadian.
Try checking Shoppers Drug Marts in your area the next time there is a 20x Optimum points promo. That gives you pretty big "discount". Apparently they sometimes have them in stock.

That's what I was hoping for a couple weeks ago but I went to 3 here in London, Ont and none had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom