• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Zone of the Enders HD patch out in Europe. [Up: Now up in the US]

Yay by the time I come back from vacation, US PSN should have the patch and I can finally play the ZOEHD collectors edition I got from Best Buy. :)

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I played both games on PS3 before the patch, and never noticed anything game-breaking. Am I crazy?

I might replay ZOE2 post-patch, just because it was an incredible game. I'll see if I notice anything.

SgtCobra

Okiedokie:

- No patch for the 360 version. Actually, I did get one but I guess it was that one for the Revengeance demo? No HexaDrive logo and it was just 2 MB so obviously it was just the 360 patch limit thing.
- The PS3 version is definitely smoother now. I'm not going to say it doesn't dip, but if it does it's nowhere near what the 360 version does and it feels pretty much perfect in open areas. Interiors run well on both.
- They've toned down the crazy blur for the lights.
- The LEV stuff at the beginning is annoying :(

Looks like they've done a good job. It's hard to say for sure until seeing if the framerate holds up during the musou part though.

Thanks for the impressions.

Keep em coming folks! I might buy this game (again, sold my 360 version... and I even don't know why..) if the framerate reaches something like 30-40 fps without heavy drops.

SkylineRKR

I played through the area before you face V.V, and that was a locked 60fps it seems. Along with the boss fight itself.

I don't know how it was pre patch.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
According to this post from that other message board, The Asian version of the initial PS3 release was fully in English:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/632695-zone-of-the-enders-hd-collection/answers?qid=338890

Asian versions typically mirror their Japanese counterparts.

Meaning? I think there's a fair chance the Japanese Best version will be in English. Stay tuned, kids!

I actually hope that's not the case. The English VA is pretty terrible. :)

EDIT: just tested my copy. no patch for JP ver yet.

Guymelef

Oh yyeeeeeeeessssss
201307152309113luc5.png

20130715230931siu66.png

SkylineRKR

Beat V.V. Slowdown occured only at the final part of the battle, the times when multiple options with lasers came through. Canyon part after it was silky smooth as well.

I need to play those older levels with a gazillion enemies though. But so far it feels really, really good.

Okiedokie:

- No patch for the 360 version. Actually, I did get one but I guess it was that one for the Revengeance demo? No HexaDrive logo and it was just 2 MB so obviously it was just the 360 patch limit thing.
- The PS3 version is definitely smoother now. I'm not going to say it doesn't dip, but if it does it's nowhere near what the 360 version does and it feels pretty much perfect in open areas. Interiors run well on both.
- They've toned down the crazy blur for the lights.
- The LEV stuff at the beginning is annoying :(

Looks like they've done a good job. It's hard to say for sure until seeing if the framerate holds up during the musou part though.

Man that sounds great! Did they ever say why 360 wont get patched :(

Peff

Yay, just beat Ardjet/Viola. There is some slowdown in places, like Leo's ultimate attack when he's about to lose, or when the wagons of the train explode, but I think it's hard-coded. The framerate holds up really well otherwise, so yeah, big improvement.

paolo11

Yay, just beat Ardjet/Viola. There is some slowdown in places, like Leo's ultimate attack when he's about to lose, or when the wagons of the train explode, but I think it's hard-coded. The framerate holds up really well otherwise, so yeah, big improvement.

Is it 60 fps now?

Sounds great. I hope DF does a re-analysis.

JoeFenix

Holy shit, I'm really close to ordering the PS3 LE right now!

I need to see footage of this first though, Hexadrive is really solid but I'm still worried.

Subaru

I can't believe it.

I've bought it the X360 version last week because it was the "best version". Now I'm stuck with the worst version. I HATE THIS! I will never buy a HD port from Konami again, it's the second time that they screw with X360 owners.

And yes, I could have bought the PS3 version =(

wwm0nkey

I can't believe it.

I've bought it the X360 version last week because it was the "best version". Now I'm stuck with the worst version. I HATE THIS! I will never buy a HD port from Konami again, it's the second time that they screw with X360 owners.

I honestly just bought the collectors edition to support the series and the nice art book. Been playing the game via emulator for awhile now since that is the best version :p

Absinthian

Neo Member
They should release Robot Alchemic Drive HD... Best robot game ever. I'll by ZOE HD when the patch is released in North America. I have the first ZOE for PS2... It is definately the second best giant robot game I have played.

I can't believe it.

The info that they're patching only the PS3 version has been around for awhile. Hate to sound like a dick, but you should have done a bit more research.

They should release Robot Alchemic Drive HD...

Yes.

CamHostage

Sure wish HexaDrive's involvement in revisiting this code also had a connection to the missing-in-action PlayStation Vita version of the game, that they were hired to put that version back on the calendar as well as patch the console version, but oh well, at least it's in proper shape on PS3.

Cels

so i guess in terms of performance now it's PS2 > PS3 > 360?

(whereas before it was PS2 > 360 > PS3)

Espada

They should release Robot Alchemic Drive HD... Best robot game ever. I'll by ZOE HD when the patch is released in North America. I have the first ZOE for PS2... It is definately the second best giant robot game I have played.

God, is that you? Seriously, I'd buy up a R.A.D. HD update quick as hell. I had a ton of fun with that game.

I'm with you, though. I'll buy the ZOE HD collection once the patch shows up in the states. Fucking awful what they did with this port, though.

Exr

Didn't have a lot of faith in this patch but Hexadrive doing it now has me very interested. Will buy.

Grisby

I bought the collection this past weekend. In the US so should I wait for the patch? Glancing through the thread it seems like ZOE2 is the one that would benefit the most from it.

It'd be cool to at least start the original right?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Does the Xbox 360 version even need a patch? Or was it only the PS3 version that needed one?
They both ran worse than the PS2 version, which already wasn't running perfect, so yes I'd say they both needed it. I skipped on this release for that reason precisely, and even now I"m not sure if the PS3 version performance is really improved through better coding and optimization, or if they just simplified visuals to make it run better.

Subaru

The info that they're patching only the PS3 version has been around for awhile. Hate to sound like a dick, but you should have done a bit more research.

I understand that you said, but... it's the second time that they only patched the PS3 version...

Eusis

I understand that you said, but... it's the second time that they only patched the PS3 version...
I imagine patching policies are one part of the problem, and the fact they had to pull in another developer definitely couldn't have helped. HexaDrive's probably just better with PS3 hardware when it comes to HD ports.

... I guess this would also make them one of the premier porting studios now with Bluepoint and M2.

Tain

They both ran worse than the PS2 version, which already wasn't running perfect, so yes I'd say they both needed it. I skipped on this release for that reason precisely, and even now I"m not sure if the PS3 version performance is really improved through better coding and optimization, or if they just simplified visuals to make it run better.

Could it be that the PS3 just can't do the framebuffer effects at 720p and 60fps that the PS2 was doing at 640x240 and 60fps? That was the PS2's oddball strong point (like, the one thing it could do better than the original Xbox) after all, wasn't it?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
High Voltage obviously weren't up to the task so naturally someone else had to do it.
I'm with you, though. I'll buy the ZOE HD collection once the patch shows up in the states. Fucking awful what they did with this port, though.

It might just have been a really low budget port project, it's not like they pulled a Silent Hill Collection here. They seem to have done a fairly good job with bringing Mortal Kombat to PC, even if it's not perfect for everyone this:

Makes me wish they did a PC version of ZOE too.

I played both games on PS3 before the patch, and never noticed anything game-breaking. Am I crazy?

I might replay ZOE2 post-patch, just because it was an incredible game. I'll see if I notice anything.

I don't know if you played the original PS2 games because I feel the same way and didn't play the PS2 games, I didn't even know the PS3 version had issues.

However, because of the patch, if there's any improvements at all, I would like to replay it since I had a ridiculously good time with it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Could it be that the PS3 just can't do the framebuffer effects at 720p and 60fps that the PS2 was doing at 640x240 and 60fps? That was the PS2's oddball strong point (like, the one thing it could do better than the original Xbox) after all, wasn't it?
It's not impossible. It's worth noting that of all the games running under PCSX2 emulator, ZoE2 is probably the most demanding one. Consider that even in PS2, many of its framebuffer effects were running at half the native resolution, (and the native resolution was I think 512x448)

Top Bottom