• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie trademarked The Taken King

Theorry

There should be 2 expansions that will follow Comet until Destiny 2 arrives...

Fine by me. Really love that of Destiny with the expansions. And not that they do one expansion and you need to wait 2 years for a sequel. It is still a mmo kinda game wich evolves and you always can play. :)

OneUh8

If this the the big Comet expansion this fall, I hope they give us new environments or areas to play in. Have the European zone pvp map in the new expansion sounds promising. We really don't need new or more planets, just expand on the ones we have available now.

GlamFM

Banned
IIRC, Urk shot down that slide. Plans change.

Curious whether this is the new name for Comet or for something later on. Pretty neat find.

I really think this might be a "stand alone" raid for this summer to bridge the gap between HoW and Comet.

Trakan

Curious whether this is the new name for Comet or for something later on. Pretty neat find.

Yeah, but what's he going to do, admit to it? Verify it? Names and dates change, entire expansions usually don't.

If this is comet and it's announced for September at E3, that slide has gotten more right than wrong.

Pepin

The TEKKEN King?!

tumblr_namqadgzsk1r7sijxo1_500.gif

GlamFM

Banned
This stand alone raid only exists in your imagination.
IMO

Not Stand alone in a sense that it does not need the full game.

I mean stand alone as in 10$ and not part of a larger "expansion".

If HoW ever had a Raid and it was actually taken out this could be it.

pizzacat

Banned
if it's hive, then perhaps bungie is retconning crota's end as "the hive raid"
The dudes full name referenced his father, Eris Morn talked about him randomly.

It's probably his father and it's going to be dumb, I just want some Cabal shit.

Deku Tree

Not Stand alone in a sense that it does not need the full game.

I mean stand alone as in 10$ and not part of a larger "expansion".

If HoW ever had a Raid and it was actually taken out this could be it.

I understood what you meant.
It's not happening.
As in no chance.
It makes no sense in the context of the way this game works.

Theorry

Btw isnt it really abit late for a trademark? If its the Comet expansion.
I mean most of the time its way earlier that we see a trademark for something.

Deku Tree

How so? It totally makes sense.

As I see it they have nothing between HoW and Comet.

Bungie is releasing the next raid with the next large expansion. They will not release a stand alone raid. It doesn't make business sense. They release packages that have something for everyone that cost more. A stand alone raid has a smaller audience so fewer people will buy it.

If we go by the Comet leaked slide we are due for one expansion of the Vex and then finally the Cabal...which can be boring too.

GlamFM

Banned
Bungie is releasing the next raid with the next large expansion. They will not release a stand alone raid. It doesn't make business sense. They release packages that have something for everyone that cost more. A stand alone raid has a smaller audience so fewer people will buy it.

Selling something makes more money than selling nothing afaik.

Summer is dry.

Never said there wont be a raid in Comet.

There is no raid in HoW though - and at some point there was.

We know that from old datamined info.

They also said they are preparing a Raid "for later this year".

Could be Comet, sure. Could also be what I´m thinking of.

Wizman23

Banned
That slide was real - but it was also outdated by the time it leaked.
No doubt it was real. I'm pretty sure content wise nothing really changed. POE was turned into a 3 man rather then a raid but I expect everything on that slide to release in some form or another. That's why I expect no new areas/ planets until Destiny 2.

Axoman

Urk also said that we were only seeing one of Crota's forms when talking about raid prior to The Dark Below release.

I don't believe anything he says.

Carbonox

Bringing in Oryx as the next step on Hive expansion would be the logical move I guess. Crota's big bad daddy as a boss would be interesting providing it doesn't just boil down to another glorified strike like Crota's End. Something more akin to VoG would be so much better.

Pepin

'Hive Ship' would fit in with this revolving around Oryx

Looks like this slide was put together before the story got dissembled and put back together piecemeal, though.

Vex Void is an abysmal name, too, glad they're iterating on this as they go along.

Also, considering the voice actor that was doing Eris Morn was only in the studio 2 months prior to the DLC's release, it'd make sense that Bungie are really keeping 'story'-based things loose in terms of the canon and release schedule.

The expansion is going to be Hive based on the word "KING" alone.

Fallen - Dreg, Vandal, Captain, Kell
Hive - Thrall, Knight, Wizard, Ogre
Vex - Goblin, Minotaur, Harpy, Hydra
Cabal - Legionnaire, Centurion, Colossus

King very obviously fits into one of those better than 3 others.

Pepin

Lovely word math. I 100% agree.

GhaleonEB

Yeah, but what's he going to do, admit to it? Verify it? Names and dates change, entire expansions usually don't.

If this is comet and it's announced for September at E3, that slide has gotten more right than wrong.

Historically, Bungie's approach has been not to comment on leaks or rumors, or to tacitly acknowledge them and then stay quiet until the news lands. Actively shooting one down is a more affirmative approach.

At any rate, I think we all know Comet is coming, and I'm sure that's what raid this fall is tied to. I'm sure we'll have Comet announced at E3.

I agree, and it's even in the game. At the end of the Shine of Oryx mission, Dinklebot says the shrine was communing with someting, "their god, or king..."

To take that one further, after defeating Crota, one of Eris' lines is, "Listen for the name 'Oryx'". Crota is not so subtly named "Crota, Son of Oryx". I wonder if that's him.

Top Bottom