• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon vs Digimon GAMES only

Pokemon vs Digemon

Results are only viewable after voting.
8938506.jpg

the poll is missing the third option, sorry :)

wildfire

Banned
Ash still choked though.

:p

Well Team Rocket actually took one for the land after 20 years. Give Ash a little more time. We now have a credible sub-boss.

I love people keep saying Digimon anime is the best when, we just got one of the worst anime ever made called Digimon Xros Wars: The Boy Hunters lol.

Even in the worst moment of Pokemon anime,(Black and White) It is not that bad as that season lol.

Digimon anime series screwing up once doesn't invalidate their entire body of work. Until XY came out Pokemon was consistently inferior since season 3.

NSESN

Pokemon has the best battle system of any monster game(smt included), but GF is too afraid to fully utilize it in the main story.
A hard pokemon game with good AI is my biggest gaming dream.

PaulBizkit

The official ranking stands as follows:

Cyber Sleuth = pokemon games > digimon games

The problem with digimon is that the games are so bad and generic that nobody bothers anymore and Cyber Sleuth became underrated af.

Digimon Rumble Arena with the japanese soundtrack patched in for the PSX is the second best digimon game. The Digimon Adventure PSP game is up there too.

Digimon World 3 was the best digimon game. pokemon has had more enjoyable games though...

and Digimon Tamers (Digimon season 3) is better than all pokemon seasons. imo

casiopao

Had been playing tons of Pokemon and Digimon game and i would said Pokemon still rock it all on both mainline and spin-off lol.
Digimon simply fluctuates so much that it is not funny. It is like the Sonic disease but in Digimon. They just can't stay still to one formula and further expand it.^^

Digimon World 1 PS1= Nice simulation Digimon game but need more Refinement.
Then we jump to

Digimon World 2 PS1(Dungeon Crawling. Wut?)= One of my favorite Digimon game.
We jump to

Digimon World 3 PS1(Jrpg)= One of the my least favorite Digimon game on how it makes evolution become useless and showcase many useless skill.
And of course the famous jump

Digimon World 4 PS2(Diablo style. And Digimon now holding weapon)=What the crack are they eating OMG.O_O
And then after that, i don't think Digimon ever really recover anymore.

Digimon World Data Squad is simply bad game.

Digimon Adventure on PSP is played like a slog, not worthy of the name of the anime.

At least Digimon World DS and Digimon World Dawn and Dusk is quite great as it is probably the best example of refining one formula but sadly, Bandai had zero mind on doing things. Heard that Cyber Sleuth is doing great there but from track record, we are going to see them screwing up the next release i believe.

Even the spin-off seems to become worst over the year.

Digimon Battle Rumble last iteration is shit like All Star Rumble And we will never had another Digimon Digital Card Battle which is so fun to play.

Comparing this to Pokemon is more or less a slaughter.

Pokemon had been refining all its main series from year to year which rarely put the main series in any problem. Sun and Moon is simply soo good if you compared to any of the older generation.

Even the Spin-off had much better treatment that what Bandai did to Digimon lol.
- Mystery Dungeon last title is Super Mystery Dungeon which is great and had all Pokemon to collect.
- Pokemon Conquest which took Pokemon into Srpg front with quality content.
- Pokemon Ranger which fully utilize stylus system and the recent big hit Pokken.

Maybe it is just me but i can't seems to put Digimon in the gaming front any close to Pokemon when Bandai had zero idea on how to manage their great IP there.

Lynx_7

I am disappointed at the lack of a Thor 2 option.

As a whole I'd say Pokemon has the stronger catalogue, but Cyber Sleuth captivated me more than any pokemon game since Black/White so I'm currently more excited for Digimon games going forward. Specially the new Cyber Sleuth coming out next year.
Maybe the transition to HD will finally rekindle my love for Pokemon.

casiopao

I am disappointed at the lack of a Thor 2 option.

As a whole I'd say Pokemon has the stronger catalogue, but Cyber Sleuth captivated me more than any pokemon game since Black/White so I'm currently more excited for Digimon games going forward. Specially the new Cyber Sleuth coming out next year.
Maybe the transition to HD will finally rekindle my love for Pokemon.

Haha. When you like one Digimon title, you better bet that Bandai is going to disappoint you in the upcoming title lol. They love killing any good will their fans had.

BigEmil

Since i know and watched Pokémon alot in the past and how much bigger the franchise is in the West i know and more familiar with the Pokemon's, the names of all of the Pokemon's, and all the sameyish human characters the whole formula

So when i play Pokémon games i fit in more easily since, well I'm more familiar with everything from the get-go.

Digimon hardly shown or talked about here I'm highly unfamiliar with the series so when i play the game i hardly know anything so harder to get into straight away.

Despite this, i actually enjoyed the game Digimon Cyber Sleuth more. Don't really know why just without nostalgia goggles on Pokémon games just doesn't flick with me too much, whereas Digimon game I'm more into it and enjoying it minds more set etc. (Yeah I'm bad at explaining i shall never be a reviewer)

So yeah, Digimon, thinking of starting to watch some Digimon anime too so i can become more accustomed to it :)

I don't get how this is even a question. Tried Cyber Sleuth, remove the waifus and the game is nothing, it would've been a much better game if it had a Shin Megami Tensei theme.

Pokémon always had the better games.

Digimon World 3 is miles better than any single Pokemon game I've played but Pokemon games as a whole are better than Digimon games.

I've played Cyber Sleuth but don't understand the hype for it. The game (story) isn't really good until after chapter 13 or 14 IIRC (whenever
you start fighting the royal knights
) and the gameplay is standard turn-based RPG.The game is okay, but massively overrated imo.

casiopao

Digimon World 3 is miles better than any single Pokemon game I've played but Pokemon games as a whole are better than Digimon games.

I've played Cyber Sleuth but don't understand the hype for it. The game (story) isn't really good until after chapter 13 or 14 IIRC (whenever
you start fighting the royal knights
) and the gameplay is standard turn-based RPG.The game is okay, but massively overrated imo.

Wow. A DW3 fan.O_O

I always thought DW 3 is the weakest of all. Not only the battle system is boring, It also ruined what make Digimon the best which is having tons of Digimon to collect and Digivolve.

But DW 3. Throw away all of those and i feel it is one of the worst one.T_T

Wow. A DW3 fan.O_O

I always thought DW 3 is the weakest of all. Not only the battle system is boring, It also ruined what make Digimon the best which is having tons of Digimon to collect and Digivolve.

But DW 3. Throw away all of those and i feel it is one of the worst one.T_T

I always thought most people liked DW3 the most out of the DW games from I've read online. I've only played DW3 so I can't judge the others.

I don't want to or even enjoy collecting a bunch of Digimon. I think that's a Pokemon gimmick that Digimon shouldn't devolve into. Originally, Digimon is supposed to be about an individual and their personal mon, not a faux-trainer thats gotta collect em all. I don't know about the manga, but none of the anime do this so I don't know why the games do. DW3 handles this better as it limits you to three Digimon to evolve and bond with.

DW3 has the best story out of the Digimon and Pokemon games I've played, that's why I like it the most. The combat imo best represents Digimon (mons starting from base, in-battle digivolutions, DNA digivolving, etc).

I don't get how this is even a question. Tried Cyber Sleuth, remove the waifus and the game is nothing, it would've been a much better game if it had a Shin Megami Tensei theme.

Pokémon always had the better games.

don't even know what this means but it's wrong. the main thing wrong with cyber sleuth was the fucking ending

Cynn

As a single game, Cyber Sleuth is ahead of all Pokemon games, without nostalgia googles. As a franchise, Pokemon is ahead.

This is also how I see it. Cyber Sleuth was great in pretty much every aspect. Going turn based and telling more mature/developed stories was the best thing Digimon has done in a long time.

I was avoiding this thread, because I try to avoid pitting these two against each other but-

Pokemon has been rapidly getting worse and worse since 2010, while Digimon is getting better and better (ignoring Appmon).

Yo, stop hating, Appmon is great. It's probably the most creative season they've had. Mind you, it could still crash and burn like Frontier, but so far, besides a few pacing issues, it's good.

Pokemon is better with their core games but usually poor with spinoff games. Digimon is pretty much inconsistent but they cover a few areas decent enough with cyber sleuth and digimon World Series. All in all Pokemon is probably better but due to so many and so little of digimon has made me kind of bored of Pokemon and more open to digimon. Once the freshness of digimon dries up, Pokemon is probably the better game.

Thud

They take an amazing new world dynamic and chunk it into a black hole. That's the spoiler free version.

Cyber Sleuth 2 may try and fix that though.

Maybe it's because I see ending as the reward you get for beating the game and not the final act itself.

That might explain it :p.

Top Bottom