• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New TitanFall footage

Dex815

I haven't seen this.

I-See-What-You-Did-There-Fry1.jpg

This game looks pretty fun, although it could just be that I like mechas too much.
The gunplay looks too dumb down tho.. I don't think I saw the crosshair jump even once due to recoil. Makes things look weightless.

Edit:
It'ls multiplayer only. And it isn't a moba.
Does it have a vs mode? The video makes it look like its pure coop.

Must have something to do with that thing I keep hearing about called "gameplay".
Don't know what it is though, I tried searching on Google but couldn't find anything.

I just wish that someone would confirm to me if it's 1080p or 720p so I would know how to feel about this game.

Quoting myself from the previous page:

Well if that's so... i guess they should stick with current gen then?, for me the thrill of getting a new system is to have a graphical enhancement over the previous system, i don't really care for "gameplay" advancements. And even if i did, whatever it is (gameplay wise) that TF is doing on the gameplay front is lost on me. All i see is the exterior... superfluous?... maybe so... but similar to whenever you go on a date, you look at the exterior appearance first, and don't really bother with the "nicety" of the person's innards (i said @ first before you guys send me to the stake).

kuYuri

The footage in this is old and it's crap Youtube quality, as mentioned already. Only the presentation is now.

If you want real quality gameplay videos, download the 1080p/60fps versions on their site.

http://www.titanfall.com/videos

Not to mention this is the next big multiplayer shooter from the people who really made Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2.

This is Infinity Ward's next game. That means something. It's not fake hype. It's the true successor to the most seminal game of the generation.

Fixed.

Let's not forget their last game now.

UNCMark

Banned
So yet another award for the game (best of Show EB Expo). Can not wait to play this on either PC or Xbox One(lose the Kinect requirement please) next year. This, Destiny, Mario Kart, and the next Smash Brothers are going to make for hopefully a great 2014.

Grief.exe

Well if that's so... i guess they should stick with current gen then?, for me the thrill of getting a new system is to have a graphical enhancement over the previous system, i don't really care for "gameplay" advancements. And even if i did, whatever it is (gameplay wise) that TF is doing on the gameplay front is lost on me. All i see is the exterior... superfluous?... maybe so... but similar to whenever you go on a date, you look at the exterior appearance first, and don't really bother with the "nicety" of the person's innards (i said @ first before you guys send me to the stake).

This opinion seems ridiculous, superficial, and ultimately, short-sighted.

I have no idea why you thought you should link this twice.

Hurf

Neo Member
Let's not forget their last game now.

Fair enough, but it moves quickly and has jetpacks. After HiRez dragged the Tribes franchise out behind the shed and shot it that's enough for some of us to be looking forward to Titanfall, even if it won't really play the same.

orioto

Good Art™
All this "gameplay matters over graphics" talk haha, is this a WiiU thread :) ?

Looks fun indeed. It's almost sad this isn't a full next gen effort cause i'm pretty certain this kind of setting and features are perfect to wow everyone with good effects. Kill Zone has some of it but no Robots! For example i'd love to see next gen physics for robot destructions and explosions and such.

Well if that's so... i guess they should stick with current gen then?, for me the thrill of getting a new system is to have a graphical enhancement over the previous system, i don't really care for "gameplay" advancements.
You don't care for "gameplay" advancements...? Jesus, I've seen everything now.

But yes, you are right, they should stick with the current gen because you only care for graphical enhancements.

Her cassette bones tattoo means she is okay with everyone pirating TitanFall.

Was reading about this in Edge today and I love how bullish the lead tech was on Source Engine. Claiming that Source isn't very optimised and they're pushing it so much further that without the modifications it would get single digit FPS in the Portal 2 build.

This opinion seems ridiculous, superficial, and ultimately, short-sighted.

I have no idea why you thought you should link this twice.

Care to elaborate?, my main point of argument is... IMO you get a new gen console for the graphical/technical advancements. Not because you are eager for new gameplay experiences. And even if i cared about the latter more than i do for the former, nothing i've seen of TF seem fresh enough to merit the hype it gets.

Chittagong

Gold Member
looks pretty great. they seem to have added a couple of significant but well considered new mechanics to the CoD formula that could breathe a lot of excitement into it.

I hope it's really well balanced and polished.

BBOY267

Neo Member
Im assuming that in the matches, there will be probably more ai enemies than human players. For the simple fact that people would do dumb shit that wouldnt actually move the match along. Like if your in a territories match, but you have a bunch of people playing it like team deathmatch.

Also this is random, but what does a community manager actually do? Im surprised the lead designer isnt doing the talking

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Care to elaborate?, my main point of argument is... IMO you get a new gen console for the graphical/technical advancements. Not because you are eager for new gameplay experiences. And even if i cared about the latter more than i do for the former, nothing i've seen of TF seem fresh enough to merit the hype it gets.

titanfall as eschewed some of the more demanding graphical techniques in order to implement a more mechanically complex framework over a larger scope and still keep up the framerate.

it's a question of resources.

if you'd prefer something which went all in on advanced graphical techniques while retaining the scope and mechanical framework of its last gen predecessors, you'll have plenty of options.

Banned
Hmmm, looking the same as before. I wonder if this will spawn a whole new influx of "have you seen titanfall" posts? I hope not.

Krakn3Dfx

Have this pre-ordered on Gamestop for the PC since it was $48. Looks good, hope they don't tard up the PC version in some way to make the XB1 the "definitive" version or something.

Sometimes it's not worth arguing with some people.

Ha!, now i don't know if you are referring to me as the person not worth arguing with... (though i sense that's the case)

titanfall as eschewed some of the more demanding graphical techniques in order to implement a more mechanically complex framework over a larger scope and still keep up the framerate.

it's a question of resources.

if you'd prefer something which went all in on advanced graphical techniques while retaining the scope and mechanical framework of its predecessor, you'll have plenty of options. killzone being at the top of them.

See?, an actual explanation. And yes i do much prefer Killzones approach to next gen over TitanFalls.

Special C

I hope the AI actually contributes in some way toward objectives a la Monday Night Combat. Doesn't need to be quite on that scale but I don't want them there "just to have something to kill."

I hadn't actually seen any footage of the game before

want but I dont own Microsoft consoles and my pc is average at most

ugoo18

So is it safe to say that this will take the place of Medal of Honor for EA?

As in it will fill the 1 year gap between Battlefield releases?

antitrop

So is it safe to say that this will take the place of Medal of Honor for EA?

As in it will fill the 1 year gap between Battlefield releases?
They should reboot Medal of Honor as a WWII game for next-gen.

Crazy enough to work. The last "real" WWII FPS we had was World at War.

Starviper

Can't wait for this to launch on PC. Looks like they ripped the campaign out of a single player game and let people play on either side for each chapter.

apana

Looks pretty damn good, don't know if it will be a huge sales success but it should do well at the very least.

Looks super fun. I need a good multiplayer game and this one looks like it has a good gameplay twist to breathe some life into the genre. The lack of SP doesn't bother me, why shoehorn it in if it's not what the devs want.

jet1911

Doesn't have to be "fresh" to be fun to play.

Top Bottom