• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New TitanFall footage

Not only that but he's private messaging me veiled threats. I don't get it.

im privating you because you were very rude to other people on a lot of threads ( even in this one) take it as and advice to treat other users with more respect

Playing the junior card is so weak - especially when you are getting destroyed in the argument.

im pretty sure your "everyone who doesnt praise this game its a hater and i can prove it with patterns" card is way better

This statement is very wrong. Granted, awards don't mean everything but to say they don't mean crap? They mean a lot more than any one individual opinion including yours and mine.

i have seen guys from the gaming press giving awards to games just for the name or the category,my rome 2 copy have 6 awards on the cover,still shipped broke as hell,awards by the gaming press on a event like e3 mean nothing

You just called me "junior", sent me a threat via PM and I'm the "rude" one in this thread because I disagree with you that awards actually mean something?

you wanna some quotes of your behaviour with other users in the past days?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=84932273&postcount=71

and just in this same thread..i have seen you do the same on the past days with a lot of people

as i said before,maybe you a junior,but you are not new to this forum,the way you talk to some people,etc etc i will bet my arm you are a exbanned user with a new coat of paint

vilmer_

i think that's why you're seeing some of us cranky old bastards who are usually the first to yawn off the promises of AAA FPS games seem uncharacteristically engaged by this. i've said it before, but this game feels built up from a distilled concept. like an intriguing quake mod or a kickstarter project which had a ocean of money dumped on it. we've been begging for a return to verticality in the modern FPS space for a generation.

the lack of finesse in the weapon handling is still a drag, though.

Not many dev teams will actually have the balls to implement these kinds of functions nowadays, it's a console industry now (aka using a controller for an fps lol) and has been for years. We can only pray to the gods that the PC version doesn't have auto-aim anywhere in the gameplay option screens. Probably too much to ask though. Maybe we can get a lean function out of them :p

UNCMark

Banned
you wanna some quotes of your behaviour with other users in the past days?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=84932273&postcount=71

and just in this same thread..i have seen you do the same on the past days with a lot of people
I stand by my statement in this thread. Choosing graphics over gameplay, to me as a gamer, is embarrassing. If you disagree with my post, say so, or if it offended you contact a moderator. Don't derail a thread with this infantile squabbling of yours or threaten me in private messages. I'm done with you. I apologize to everyone else in the thread for engaging with this person.

antitrop

I stand by my statement in this thread. Choosing graphics over gameplay, to me as a gamer, is embarrassing. If you disagree with my post, say so, or if it offended you contact a moderator. Don't derail a thread with this infantile squabbling of yours or threaten me in private messages. I'm done with you. I apologize to everyone else in the thread for engaging with this person.
I already PM'd an admin about this shit, it's obviously ridiculous.

Don't see what you have to apologise for personally, see worse on here without any repercussions

I don't know where the hell this thread is headed but I am moderately excited to have this inside my pc. I'm not as sold as antitrop but I do think it has the potential he sees.

no.
Everyone hates being outplayed by campers.

I camp and i have no problem with running and gunning either. But trying to turn every mp into a headless chicken deathmatch is so annoying.

I hate them in Objective style modes where they do absolutely fuck all to help the team and only about their own K/D ratio.

Cru

Why do people get so worked up over a game they have no interest in? I wish Titanfall and Destiny were launch games. I'd be way more excited for nextgen.

Kacho

Looks pretty fun, but I don't see this taking the crown from CoD.

Based on what I've seen thus far, I'd have to agree. It looks like a good time but it seems a bit overly crazy? I don't know how to put it. Way too busy at times based on the footage I've seen. It'll be successful for sure, just not CoD successful.

Bishop89

I hate them in Objective style modes where they do absolutely fuck all to help the team and only about their own K/D ratio.

instead of trying to destroy campers from games, they should let the players do what they want. Whats the point of having the freedom of choosing what guns and stuff you want if you are going to be forced to play a certain style anyways.

instead of trying to destroy campers from games, they should let the players do what they want. Whats the point of having the freedom of choosing what guns and stuff you want if you are going to be forced to play a certain style anyways.

Not once have I said you or anyone else cannot do what they want. I'm criticising what I believe to be a piss poor style in a Objective match as in my opinion they offer nothing to help the team in a work as a team mode. That's it. My opinion is not absolute like some like to give off here.

This was the only game I played at PAX twice, waiting for a combined total of three hours to play it.

The Hype is real. It's completely deserved and justified. Until I can get my hands on a section of Destiny gameplay, this is the best multiplayer FPS of 2014. The people questioning it look as naive as people doubting the iPod back in 2001.

Choosing graphics over gameplay, to me as a gamer, is embarrassing.

Sigh... you had to bring out the corpse again...

Forking out money for a new system awaiting for gameplay innovation is silly to me. It is my opinion that the last major advancement in gameplay mechanics came from the jump from 2D to 3D. This upcoming generation i'm sure the advantages they'll bring with them will be more easily "seen" rather than "felt".

But i digress... and please don't bring this up again... don't involve me in the argument you're having with someone else. Just let it rest... because what you quoted indirectly involved me.

Oh god I cringed a bit when she said "broad audience". I really wish devs would stop trying to cater to the masses with this 'broad audience' silliness.

The game itself looks fantastic, and I think that players that are FPS vets AND have mastered Mirror's Edge are going to have a distinct advantage at launch over those who are just good at FPS. The wallrun mechanics and picking up speed/momentum are lifted straight from that game (as I've said before) and will provide immense tactical advantage if you're really good at them and can skip part of the skill curve.

vort3x

She mentioned tribes! omg! Wall running is like skiing in tribes as in you gain speed!!!
SO HYPED RIGHT NOW. Tribes is my fav game of all time.

Game needs more colours. The dull colour palate and green tone to everything reminds me of the modern warfare games.

Other then that it seems pretty fun.

Will buy eventually.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Game needs more colours. The dull colour palate and green tone to everything reminds me of the modern warfare games.

I would agree, although the pink Japanese trees (forget what they're called) in that one level is a nice touch. I think Shadow Fall is probably the best use of color I've seen in an FPS.

Haines

Banned
One of the few awesome looking games coming next gen. I wouldnt be shocked if its delayed though. We will see.

Hurf

Neo Member
Oh god I cringed a bit when she said "broad audience". I really wish devs would stop trying to cater to the masses with this 'broad audience' silliness.

Publishers/developers will aim large-budget games at a dedicated core audience when that dedicated core audience can guarantee millions of sales for a single title. Which is to say, never.

CS:GO is a better game than CoD by every metric that matters but as business ventures go CoD's got it nailed right the fuck down.

feel

Love watching this game and can't wait to play it, looks a fresh and inviting take on the COD gameplay formula unlike most of the other fps mp games coming out (COD:G , BF4, Killzone, etc) which despite good look a bit boring and same old in comparison.

kuYuri

They should reboot Medal of Honor as a WWII game for next-gen.

Crazy enough to work. The last "real" WWII FPS we had was World at War.

I think you forgot Red Orchestra 2.

Probably. Although don't forget EA now has Battlefront in production as well, so they could have one of each every three years. That's what I hope they do, anyway.

As for the gameplay, I'm just not seeing what everyone else is so hyped up about. Maybe it's just because I've played more than my fair share of military shooters this generation, but other than the parkour/wall-running mechanic nothing else looks that different. Combat looks as hectic as COD, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but seeing a bunch of people bash Ghosts for being too fast-paced while turning around and praising Titanfall has left me scratching my head.

In short, the game looks solid but I'm not sold on it.

The bolded has been my feeling for awhile now too.

RE_Player

Can't wait to play on my new PC rig. I'm a little disappointed at no campaign though. I thought the first Modern Warfare and even Modern Warfare 2 had fun and memorable single player moments.

I have to agree. I mean they're probably doing some cool stuff behind the scenes, but the game's presentation isn't blowing my mind. And I want to be blown away by this, it has a great Warhawk feel to it, in a way.

Warhawk? I see no comparison between them. Not even remotely. Starhawk on the other hand? Yes, I see it there.

demolitio

They should reboot Medal of Honor as a WWII game for next-gen.

Crazy enough to work. The last "real" WWII FPS we had was World at War.

I agree although I don't think that will happen. Titanfall is definitely going to take the place of MOH in EA's plans though.

Getting a true MOH game in WWII would be amazing. I think we've taken a break from WWII long enough for SOME games to at least use the setting but I think a lot of publishers will be scared thinking everyone will stay away from it regardless of how the actual game is just because it's WWII.

Titanfall looks good but I hope it's not so dumbed down like COD. They have an amazing concept that doesn't need to be ruined by making the game incredibly easy and almost play itself when shooting. The movement in this video is amazing.

Grief.exe

I agree although I don't think that will happen. Titanfall is definitely going to take the place of MOH in EA's plans though.

Getting a true MOH game in WWII would be amazing. I think we've taken a break from WWII long enough for SOME games to at least use the setting but I think a lot of publishers will be scared thinking everyone will stay away from it regardless of how the actual game is just because it's WWII.

Titanfall looks good but I hope it's not so dumbed down like COD. They have an amazing concept that doesn't need to be ruined by making the game incredibly easy and almost play itself when shooting. The movement in this video is amazing.

I've said this many times before, but the real issue is bringing ADS mechanics over from COD. I think this is the one thing that is holding the game back from greatness.

I just can't believe that a developer would design a game with an awesome movement system and require players to be rooted into place in order to return fire.

MFW Respawn designed the Titans to be ultra-mobile as well, but removed ADS mechanics for this very reason.

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

Publishers/developers will aim large-budget games at a dedicated core audience when that dedicated core audience can guarantee millions of sales for a single title. Which is to say, never.

CS:GO is a better game than CoD by every metric that matters but as business ventures go CoD's got it nailed right the fuck down.

I think you misunderstand what I meant but I probably didn't articulate it well enough. Games can appeal to the masses without sacrificing the integrity of the game.

Take Halo for instance. Using its own formula for what a FPS plays like and feels like, with longer kill times, slower movement speed, etc, it sold millions and millions of copies. Granted CoD sold MORE, but it did just fine in its own right. Then they watered it down and added elements from "other" FPS franchises into the MP portion in Reach and Halo 4, and both titles were considered worse by a lot of people than the more 'traditional' Halo experience. I'm not just talking about core fans either. Friends of mine who have never even finished a single campaign in the single player Halo experience said Reach felt "weird" and "not like Halo", and they didn't even buy Halo 4. By changing the game to appeal to a 'broader audience', Bungie with Reach and 343i with Halo 4 ultimately lost sales they might've made otherwise, because the core Halo faithful were displeased by the game and didn't talk it up/hype it to their casual friends (who aren't day 1 adopters of anything), and therefore the casual friends didn't even bother getting it.

Since this is a new IP it's not an entirely apt comparison, as they aren't taking something that has worked in the past and trying to make it have a more 'broad appeal', but to me the intent behind it is the same. They could make this game tough as nails with a steep learning curve and I bet it would still sell millions of copies. I don't like it when I hear devs say they want to make it 'easy to pick up and play' just because they're trying to target the casuals. Get one serious, dedicated FPS player to pick up your game and I bet you dollars to doughnuts he'll get his more 'casual' gaming friends to come along for the ride, and they'll love it once they get over the learning curve hurdles.

Another example of ill-thought 'broad appeal' approach is shoe-horning MP into SP-centric games like Bioshock or Mass Effect. Those games didn't NEED multiplayer. They sold millions of copies as stand-alone single-player games. But in the interest of appealing to a 'broader audience' they stuffed in multiplayer in the series sequels, and the main game suffered because of it.

Hopefully the reverse doesn't happen with Titanfall. Since it's a MP-centric game, trying to shoe-horn single player elements, or a campaign-like experience, into the MP gaming space might adversely affect the MP experience. Judging from the videos we've seen it looks like they may pull it off, but the people we've seen at the controller have been skilled players. I worry how those same casuals (who the 'broad appeal' is targeting) will get along and whether they will enjoy the game or feel like it's a dichotomy since they can't fluidly kill other players while taking in the dynamic story-telling portion. It will be an interesting tight rope to walk.

Forget about trying to have 'broad appeal'. Just make kick ass games, and if you do, they will sell themselves.

Spookie

I've said this many times before, but the real issue is bringing ADS mechanics over from COD. I think this is the one thing that is holding the game back from greatness.

I just can't believe that a developer would design a game with an awesome movement system and require players to be rooted into place in order to return fire

Having played the game this is exactly what I took away from it as well. I imagine when people start playing the game I won't be the only person who notices it too.

Yep. This is definitely going to be the nextgen franchise to beat. It looks so fun. Just wish there was a campaign mode to accompany it.

Top Bottom