• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
p4g is a friggin fantastic "i'm going to just sleep in this bed and play this video game forever" game
Oh yeah. I don't know if it's because I was addled out of my mind on the cold and flu tablets, but I felt like I really connected with Yukiko the first time I played it. The soundtrack being pure joy on top of that is very helpful.

In other news, it looks as though the battery in my launch day 3DS is dead. The thing can barely hold a charge for two minutes now, which means I am restricted to playing Samus Returns in bed. I could get it fixed, but now that I have a Switch, what's the point anymore? As it was, I had to ask Mrs Squirrel to pick up a new charger for me when she was down at the shops today.

Also, sequence breaking in this game is nerve-wracking. I'm bomb jumping all over the place, terrified that I'm going to bump into something I'm not ready to face. The timing on some of these enemies is really tight.

Yukiko is trash. Rise is top girl.
Yukiko is the exact kind of girl I would have had a crush on during high school. Had I grown up in Inaba, I would never have stood a chance.

Stop. It. Now.
Also Rise is such an awful manipulator

VKS I think I read you can use the battery from a Wii U Pro controller in a 3DS if you have one... And probably best to fact check that before trying.
Rise is a shark. It's hilarious how aggressive she is once she gets her groove back.

Never got a Wii U pro controller, I'm afraid. I'm one of those people who thought the game pad was good enough.

Stop. It. Now.
Also Rise is such an awful manipulator

We all know who is the real manipulator and emotional blackmailer in P4.

tumblr_inline_nx3pt2B8zk1twadxf_250.png

Stackboy

After taking a break from OW after the last event, the new map got me back last night. Good fun! Dig the changes to DVA and Junkrat too.

Jintor

I'm really miffed that I'm seriously considering shelling out for another phone only a year after I got this 6p because the god damn storage is so low.

Gotta wait for the pixel announcement and see id that does anything to prices. Ideally I'd want something with USB C but I guess it's not that important really

I did pickup from store at eb so im guessing i just pay when i pick it up?

From memory I think that is fine, we used to preorder Halo 3 and then pay the balance on the midnight launch night for pickup. It's been a little while since I did pickup in store though so don't trust me on this one.

I'll be in the same boat as you for me X1X preorder and pickup though...

Fredescu

I'm really miffed that I'm seriously considering shelling out for another phone only a year after I got this 6p because the god damn storage is so low.

What's the resale like? Sometimes it's worth moving on sooner rather than later, so you can get a decent price on Gumtree and have a decent chunk to put towards a new one. I did this for a Nexus 5 once when I wasn't happy with the camera.

Jintor

What's the resale like? Sometimes it's worth moving on sooner rather than later, so you can get a decent price on Gumtree and have a decent chunk to put towards a new one. I did this for a Nexus 5 once when I wasn't happy with the camera.

gumtree is running anywhere from 300-450, which isn't terrible.

I'm just irritated because if there was a way to do so I wold gladly take the hit and just upgrade the phone to a 128gb model. I like this phone except for the fucking memory limitations.

Yes and yes. I went as far as reading the first two books too. I haven't seen the second season yet. I plan to soon.
Yeah. Best current SF show going. Did they finally get off their ass and add season 2? I remember at the time having to look to other sources.
I did think S1 was a bit too slowly paced for me up until some point where I switched from being mildly entertained to hyped and turned me into a big fan. And S2 continued that. though apparently not enough to get me chasing the books..
This was very good advice (on The Expanse). I've watched the first 7 episodes and I'm very impressed. My only real criticism would be that maybe the pace is a little bit slow like you say Quasar. It's so good though that I'm tempted to read the books too Fred; how did you find them?

gumtree is running anywhere from 300-450, which isn't terrible.

I'm just irritated because if there was a way to do so I wold gladly take the hit and just upgrade the phone to a 128gb model. I like this phone except for the fucking memory limitations.

This is why I only buy phones with SD card slots! Best bang for your buck at the moment is LG G6 for my money... headphone jack, great sound quality, sd card, USB C, good specs, nice design for under $500.

Fredescu

It's so good though that I'm tempted to read the books too Fred; how did you find them?

The first book has the same pacing issues as the show, only possibly worse because it is longer. I'm not sure I would have stuck with it without having seen the TV show first. As it stands though, it is a great companion to the TV show. The pacing isn't so bad because you know what's coming. Some things are explained a little differently. Some changes are better, some are worse. Fred Johnson is a lot different for example.

I felt like the second book had elements of "the gang is back together for a new adventure", rather than the first where everyone is more or less forced together because of a shitty situation. The pacing is far better though. I read it without having seen the second season.

I haven't tried the third yet. I have some holidays coming up, so I might get it for that.

Regarding pacing, I'm in two minds as to whether it is a bug or a feature. I do like the way the scope just keeps getting broader and broader as you go on.

Jintor

This is why I only buy phones with SD card slots! Best bang for your buck at the moment is LG G6 for my money... headphone jack, great sound quality, sd card, USB C, good specs, nice design for under $500.

ooh thanks for the hot tip. I was not looking forward to the possibility of shelling out 1k+ for a phone I didn't really need. (

i'll look into it. even has a fingerprint sensor!

choodi

Banned

Gotta wait for the pixel announcement and see id that does anything to prices. Ideally I'd want something with USB C but I guess it's not that important really

What are you storing on your phone that you need so much storage?

I have 32gb on mine and have only used 25gb up. That is with 7 episodes of Westworld currently sitting there.

My phone plan gives me enough data so that i can stream music and i just preload any movies or TV that i want to watch on the go.

Google Photos means i don't have to store photos and videos on my device.

Do you have a lot of games installed?

Jintor

it's all music and podcasts. although right now it's music.

i don't stream my music because a) my plan is shit for that, b) reception is terrible and i take my phone overseas, and c) stuff i listen to is mostly not streamable

Quasar

What are you storing on your phone that you need so much storage?

I have 32gb on mine and have only used 25gb up. That is with 7 episodes of Westworld currently sitting there.

My phone plan gives me enough data so that i can stream music and i just preload any movies or TV that i want to watch on the go.

Google Photos means i don't have to store photos and videos on my device.

Do you have a lot of games installed?

Yeah. My 5x is 32gb and also almost always has tons of space. The only times I have problems is if I build up a great podcast backlog. Though checking now I see I have 6gb free.

Quasar

My MP3 collection is 183GB. Add another 30GB for my FLACs.
32GB is useless.

Well I just stream my music from my Plex server or from Google Play Music. Mostly the latter as I'm not concerned about audio quality on my phone. Of course if I'm honest I don't listen to that much music on my phone. its mostly all podcasts and audiobooks.

choodi

Banned
My MP3 collection is 183GB. Add another 30GB for my FLACs.
32GB is useless.

But why?

Streaming music is a reality and I know some people are audiophiles and all, but is it that important to have all of your lossless music files on the go all the time?

At home with a good hifi setup I can understand, but on your phone with environmental noise etc it's most likely to sound shit anyway.

Quasar

But why?

Streaming music is a reality and I know some people are audiophiles and all, but is it that important to have all of your lossless music files on the go all the time?

At home with a good hifi setup I can understand, but on your phone with environmental noise etc it's most likely to sound shit anyway.

Low data caps would be the answer given you can stream FLAC files with the right app. At least on Android.

Does the Super Mario Odyssey bundle have a physical copy of the game in Australia? We're getting dicked out of the carry case but it also shows the case and doesn't list it as digital anywhere. If I comes with the actual copy then I'll buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom