• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

Josh5890

You know what this game needs? Willem Dafoe. Providing color commentary.

UAyRRGy.jpg

"Inklings... You gotta kill Petah Parkah"

Oh, dear, God

Mulgrok

I bet Rule 34 has already produced tons of loli girls tentacle molesting each other...

This is why we can't have nice things.

Lumyst

It's really cool how the music is supposed to actually exist in the Splatoon world (one of the Treehouse people said this, I think).

And didn't they say that some of the devs' vocals were in the songs? Sounds like they're having so much fun making this game!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hoping the fan art stays around even past the games release.

Man, you think theres alot of fanart now, once the game is released and people can give more scenarios and memes to the characters, its gonna increase tenfold, I really hope splatoon is Q1 2015, it seems the groundwork and the hard part is mostly done, they just got to concentrate on adding modes and content and polishing it up more.

Jawmuncher

Wait for Comiket 86! Doujins of it everywhere!

Definitely looking that way.

Man, you think theres alot of fanart now, once the game is released and people can give more scenarios and memes to the characters, its gonna increase tenfold, I really hope splatoon is Q1 2015, it seems the groundwork and the hard part is mostly done, they just got to concentrate on adding modes and content and polishing it up more.

That's a good point. Hopefully it is Q1 2015 since id love to see ASAP what the fan community brings once they can actually play it.

Mdk7

You guys are making me wanna draw something (even if i have 0 time basically), please keep posting good Splatoon fanart!

E3bbrCn.jpg

Made the arms and legs long and splindly to make the hair length work a little better but with the big boots and the way I did the bandit eyes it just ended up feel like a sonic character lol.

Fun stuff will try again.

I want a wallpaper of this one :p I could make one with just white but if anybody has a cool background to use with it that'd be neat.

Looking through this.. I kinda wanna see some sort of mash-up between Metal Gear Solid and Splatoon in fan art work form. This game could totally use a Squid Mecha......

Just thinking out loud.

Also, I want them to market this game in the way that Disney marketed Lilo & Stitch with those teaser trailers of Stitch ruining iconic moments in other Disney films. I'm picturing a commercial that opens up with Link suiting up for some sort of adventure. Then he gets on Epona and starts riding toward Hyrule castle, very epic looking... and then he would get knocked off his horse by a huge ball of ink. It then cuts to the Inklings running around painting on Hyrule castle. The announcer would say: "The newest members of the Nintendo family are just a little bit... messy." Get to know the Inklings in SPLATOON! and then follow it with whatever tagline they decide to attach to the game. The stinger at the end would have the Inklings chasing after a very frightened Tingle.

OR you have a Mario jumping from planet to planet ala Mario Galaxy, and he lands in front of Rosalina, Peach, and a large cake. Suddenly they all get splatted with ink and it cues to the Inklings splatting up the Comet Observatory. Then, cue the taglines. Stinger at the end would have them chasing some Lumas with their paint.

OR you see the Villager from Animal Crossing: New Leaf shaking a tree, then picking up the fruit and walking around town, he waves hello to Isabelle and she starts walking alongside him, they then say hello to Gracie Grace, Sable, Labelle, and Mable as a giant paint bomb descends on the scene. Cue the taglines. Stinger at the end is a few Inklings chasing Nook and his family.

I dunno.. there's so much potential here. I mean, these characters are awesome.

moribund112

Neo Member

Haunted

You never know which games will resonate with people, looks like these characters are already a winner within the community.

Haven't seen such a spontaneously positive reception since the rabbids.

TCRS

Banned
this is brilliant. I was pleasently surprised by the presentation, I'm glad games like this are getting such a following.

You never know which games will resonate with people, looks like these characters are already a winner within the community.

Haven't seen such a spontaneously positive reception since the rabbids.

I wish Ubisoft would do some more stuff with the Rabbids. Those have an interesting design to them. You know?

But yeah. These are awesome, design wise. It's like something you would see from Dreamworks or Nickelodeon. These are fun characters and they are not over-designed. There's no ridiculous belt buckles in Splatoon.

Totakeke

Hearing the lobby theme and the the direct feed audio just increased my confidence in this game a ton. They know where they're going with this thematically.

Top Bottom